Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballinasloe student paramedic January 2017

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

I spend about 6 hours doing them

• Registered Users Posts: 29 The2minator

Hello ladies and gents any word on campus when the next class is going to ballinasloe? All has been very quiet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 monagheb

Anyone had any luck registering for hseland? What organisation or group are we meant to pick?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Jecz

Hi all,

Is this thread still running?
    Fingers crossed I will be on the August course in Ballinasloe, just completed initial pre employment questionnaire, I interviewed in August 2016 but wasn't ready for previous course start dates.
    Does anybody have any useful  links to some pre learning, or some details of the first stage of the course.

Also I am from out of the area so have been looking into renting in Ballinasloe, any others moving and want to house share :-)

Cheers

Jecz wrote: »
    Hi all,

Is this thread still running?
    Fingers crossed I will be on the August course in Ballinasloe, just completed initial pre employment questionnaire, I interviewed in August 2016 but wasn't ready for previous course start dates.
    Does anybody have any useful  links to some pre learning, or some details of the first stage of the course.

Also I am from out of the area so have been looking into renting in Ballinasloe, any others moving and want to house share :-)

Cheers

Hi how is the form. They told me the pre employment department would be onto me but I got no email yet. Should I be worried??? I'm in the same boat travelling nearly 2.5hr to the college (provided I get the email from the above). Was talking to loads of people that have completed training and the big thing is the paramedic CPGs on the PHECC website. Also the the training standards on the same website for paramedic. There is ment to be a hotel in ballinasloe with a special rate and numerous past students said best to stay there as most people do and you can do study sessions together They said it really helped. I'm bricking it now that I never received the pre employment after that saying they will be in contact

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 kipg10

Jecz wrote:
    just completed initial pre employment questionnaire, I interviewed in August 2016 but wasn't ready for previous course start dates.

Jecz can you clarify about completing the pre-employment questionnaire? Have you been requested to submit documents, proceed to medical etc? Did you receive this in the past few days from the preemployment email? Like The2minator I'm through to pre-employment but haven't received anything from the preemployment dept yet. Similar to yourself, interviewed last August as well. It feels great to be finally going for it although it's a giant leap of faith changing careers!

Hi The2minator & Kipg10,

I received an email on Friday evening 21/4/17 from the pre employment people saying they were putting my file together and could I fill in the attached form before they proceed.
    The form was just to confirm my name and address, my current employment details were still the same, my current line manager and confirm the people I had put down for references were still the same, It also asked had I worked for the HSE before . It had to be returned by Tuesday 25/4/17. It does say after you accept the offer for the course it can take a few weeks for the pre employment stage.

I'm moving over from the UK so will be looking to rent rather then stay in hotel, but would be interested in meeting up still for study groups once we get going 😊

Hi The2minator & Kipg10,

I received an email on Friday evening 21/4/17 from the pre employment people saying they were putting my file together and could I fill in the attached form before they proceed.
    The form was just to confirm my name and address, my current employment details were still the same, my current line manager and confirm the people I had put down for references were still the same, It also asked had I worked for the HSE before . It had to be returned by Tuesday 25/4/17. It does say after you accept the offer for the course it can take a few weeks for the pre employment stage.

I'm moving over from the UK so will be looking to rent rather then stay in hotel, but would be interested in meeting up still for study groups once we going

Fingers crossed will see you on the 8th of August all going well ... I'm wont be happy till I'm sitting in the class in ballinasloe ...

Jezc wrote:

I'm moving over from the UK so will be looking to rent rather then stay in hotel, but would be interested in meeting up still for study groups once we get going

That helps thanks. Hopefully should hear this coming week so. Although am out of the country Friday to Wednesday from end of this week so must make sure I'm on email!

Not sure yet what I'll be doing accommodation wise, have a few things to take into consideration so looking at either commuting from Galway or renting in Ballinasloe.

@The2minator I might have a place identified for renting, haven't been in touch with them yet but will let you know. I'm the same, taking nothing to chance but can't wait to get started, finding it very hard to keep it quiet at work!

Hello folks, any one get back anything after submitting your references and pre employment paperwork?

• Advertisement

Hello folks, any one get back anything after submitting your references and pre employment paperwork?

The people who I put down for a reference had confirmation emails over a week ago and that's all I had heard so
    I contacted the pre employment team this week to check how it was going and was I on course with everything.
    They said everything is ok and that's all really, I have my medical on Tuesday 30th so hopefully after that I should be good for starting, I think that's all that is left.

Does anybody know what the medical involves? Not to worried I keep fit and have medical at work but just want to know what it covers .

Nearly there ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

Had my medical this week. Jecz, will pm you but it's fine. Written references are gone back so I guess the last bit once the medical is cleared is final reference I think...have never had to fill out so much paperwork for a job in my life!! It'll be all worth it hopefully...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Galway medic

Hi folks.

If any one is looking for a room in Ballinasleo . You can pm here and I can pass on a number.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭OL16

Hi all,

What EXACT area is NAS Area North Leinster?
    I know it seems self explanatory however on the current application form for HSE student paramedic there is a map of Ireland which shows this area to be around Sligo!! Can anyone clarify this?

And also, although I have posted this query before can anyone else verify/clarify in regard to where you are placed once you qualify as a paramedic?
    I live in Carlow so I wouldnt want to be posted to Donegal or Kerry for example. Wouldnt be practical for me.
    Is there any flexibility with the NAS in this regard? Can you put down a preference and hope to be posted to near that area? And if not how long would it take to get a move once qualified?

Thanks in advance.

How are you. I was told officially you can be based anywhere from Donegal to Kerry on paper. But practically that is unlikely but on the same note it's what we sign up for. You ll likely be put in the area close to home but no guarentees. You will be relief when qualified so will only get a roster on a weekly basis. So that could mean travelling and being moved around a good bit. People are relief staff for years and then it's goes on seniorority to apply for a rostered positions in your area. Then you know exactly where and when you are working. It's not quite black and white with where you are going to be based until you are rostered.

This is what I have been told in summary. Hope it helps. Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Parapara2017

Open up the additional information document, it literally breaks down almost everything for you, including the ambulance bases in each NAS area.

Everyone should read every page of the documents listed under the campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭OL16

Yes I did that of course read the campaign details and saw the list of areas for the North Leinster.
    I was just DOUBLE CHECKING with the good people here as the map of Ireland supplied by the HSE in this campaign CLEARLY showed the area as the Sligo, North/West region, (you can check it yourself if you don't believe me).
    I was thinking it must be a mistake but wanted to CLARIFY it with people who were in the know as regards to regions as there could be some 'anomaly' in regard to how regions are mapped in regard to the NAS.

Afternoon all, anybody heard anything about starting in August?
    As far as I am aware I have completed everything, my telephone reference was the last stage and was done Monday.
    Just need them to say that's it im 100% on the course so i can hand my notice in to my current employer who require a months notice .

How is the form, I'm just awaiting on blood tests to come back to have the all clear. You should surely hear back in the next couple of days, I'd be thinking they must give you at least a months notice of the 8th to allow you to get your p45 etc but that me, heard nothing official!

The form? I want to give my notice in within the next 2 weeks, it's getting close!! Need to arrange my leaving party :-)

• Advertisement

" the form".... cork for howz thing! 😂😂😂

" the form".... cork for howz thing! 😂😂😂

Ha ha I did think that's what you meant but with all the talk around the reference's and paper work thought i had missed something.

Just spoke with the recruitment team, there hoping contracts will be out in the next couple off weeks.

Lol.... I forgot there is no emojis allowed on the very posh page . Hopefully be seeing you and everyone else on the 8th. If I don't get it now I'm going to be a permanent government artist !!!!

Just spoke with the recruitment team, there hoping contracts will be out in the next couple off

Final reference was taken up this week as well. Really hope the contracts will be sent out quickly as I want to give my notice in as soon as possible too so as to be able to take a good bit of July off.

Fingers crossed

Hello lads did anyone hear anything back, if I'm successful must give my own job a months notice and that date is comin close

Hello lads did anyone hear anything back, if I'm successful must give my own job a months notice and that date is comin close

Afternoon mate,

I received an email yesterday with a copy of my contract attached !!! Apparently they are in the post.
    Only reason I got an email one is because I'm in the UK and they post takes around 5 days each way which is ridiculous.

So hopefully you get yours soon, time to start packing

sound as, hopefully will get to see you in class fingers crossed again peace out

Advertisement