Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Charlie Brooker's 2016 Wipe/Cunk On Christmas

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

CHRISTMAS IS RUINED!

Seriously though, given everything that's happened this year it's a real shame there's no Wipe this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'd say it was bound to happen, as commitment to Black Mirror has no doubt taken over.

Unfortunate that it's the same year they won a BAFTA for Wipe, but then again - Black Mirror did well during awards season also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭houseplant

This is very disappointing, I used to love this show. I hope it returns next year.

http://www.nme.com/news/tv/charlie-brooker-announces-2017-wipe-2078874

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

That's a shame, I always looked forward to it at this time of year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭cml387

A pity but I do understand that he's probably up the walls (and for a guy as talented it's nice to see, imagine Jodie Foster now is involved in Black Mirror episode:eek:).

It was Philomena Cunk doing a voiceover to Trump being elected and saying in her flat Mancunian that "You can imagine seeing this clip in years to come with ominous music playing" I remember .... and this time it was deliberately not being funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I reckon the whole show would have been about Brexit...and i dont think the brits could have stomached any more...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Cunk & Sh!tpeas should do their own special, they were the best thing about the swipes after all imo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Mod - Threads merged.

Advertisement