Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life coaching course?

Options
  • 22-12-2016 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Hi! My friend, who is a psychotherapist also, is thinking of doing a life coaching course - my daughter and I had the same reaction, that it was 'cheesy' and wasn't something that could be really taken seriously - and I felt it wouldn't really fit with a serious qualification like an M.A. in psychotherapy - am I ill informed. What are the opportunities for her after that. She is hoping to do a Post-Grad Cert in Therapeutic Play after the life coaching diploma - I felt she should do the Therapeutic Play Cert first and maybe postpone or forget about the Life Coaching Dip - do I have a particularly jaundiced view of Life Coaching? Anyone have any views on Life Coaching Courses?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭Killergreene

Move on from the Mickey Mouse carts and go for a proper job. Most of those 'qualifications ' are rubbish and not worth the paper they are printed on. Does she want to be selling snake oil for the next thirty years of her life or actually have a respectable career.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Why isn't she working as a psychotherapist? Surely that would bring in a higher income than life coaching (which any body can do without training).

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Hannaho

Thank to both of you for replies. Exactly what I thought that these courses really aren't worth the paper they're written on. I don't know why my friend/colleague thought they would go with her psychotherapy qualifications - I felt that people would take her a lot less seriously if she was going to pair up and advertise her psychotherapy qualifications along with life coaching skills.

Advertisement