Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying ride on lawnmower for 3000 to 3500 euro need advice on a particular one to go

Options
  • 23-12-2016 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I'm getting into the landscaping business and am going to require a ride on lawn mower for commercial work . This will mostly be residential properties and yearly contracts that I will be using it for. It must be able to mulch and also collect and have a 40 inch plus sized deck . I am looking into cub cadet at my local lawn dealer and he says they are heavy duty . If there are any other Ride on mowers that are good and you guys have experience with I'd love to hear and most of all thanks for looking at the post :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

Hi, I'm getting into the landscaping business and am going to require a ride on lawn mower for commercial work . This will mostly be residential properties and yearly contracts that I will be using it for. It must be able to mulch and also collect and have a 40 inch plus sized deck . I am looking into cub cadet at my local lawn dealer and he says they are heavy duty . If there are any other Ride on mowers that are good and you guys have experience with I'd love to hear and most of all thanks for looking at the post :)

You don't sound like a landscaper, more like a gardener (or for want of a better description a person who maintains gardens), if you were a landscaper, you'd already know the answers to your questions and you wouldn't be looking on a DIY site for professional advice.

Anyway to your originally question, whichever machine you decide to go for, you should buy a dedicated machine to carry out one single task, IME any hybrid (mulches and collects) machine is only fit for collecting and makes a poor job of mulching, as mulching decks are specifically designed to operate as a mulcher, i'e the shape is different.

Are these big gardens? I'm a "person who maintains gatdens" 😊Very well put above and i use a self drive push mower for any thing up to 1/2 an acre. With all the time spent getting a ride on on and off a trailer, strimming bits you can't get with the ride on and using a push mower to do small bits you will be hust as quick with a push mower. I mulch all the big ones.

If you are doing yearly contracts you have to be allowed cut as often as you want. Cutting regularly is the way to go.

Unless it's flat and a single shape push mower is the way to go.

Advertisement