Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freedom of Information request for incoming call log

Options
  • 23-12-2016 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭

Hello.  I'd like to make a Freedom of Information request for an incoming call log for a period of a couple of months back in 2007.  

What's the process for doing this?  Will calls that would have otherwise displayed as 'private caller' be shown with the underlying number on the incoming call log for the period in question?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Hello.  I'd like to make a Freedom of Information request for an incoming call log for a period of a couple of months back in 2007.  

What's the process for doing this?  Will calls that would have otherwise displayed as 'private caller' be shown with the underlying number on the incoming call log for the period in question?

Eir are exempt from Freedom of Information because they are a private company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

Eir are exempt from Freedom of Information because they are a private company.
    Is there some other mechanism to obtain these records then? It's only over a 2 month period on an ordinary residential line that could only have a page or two of listings - so no major meta data search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]isnottheword,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid we would not have a log of incoming calls. We can only provide information of outgoing calls.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Advertisement