Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

is it safe to travel around Brazil with baby under 1 year

• 23-12-2016 3:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

My baby will be 10 months old when we plan to bring him to Brazil. I am deeply worried as he wont have received all his vaccines by then (MMR etc)
    I was told my doctors here that his immune system won't be fully developed until after a year old and it's better not to be vaccinating him with the yellow fever vaccine even though they will give it if we want. Tmb said they would prefer to wait till he is 1 year old before giving it.
    My husband is from Brazil and desperately wants to bring his son home which I understand. But I could never forgive myself if anything happened our boy. Am I worrying unnecessarily or is there a real risk that won't be there when he is that bit older?
    I was told that it's a bad idea to bring him the month we planned as it is the hottest time in Brazil and babies have a harder time regulating their body temperature. I don't know what to do. This trip is booked for 3 weeks time and I knew nothing about these issues until the tmb doctor told me recently. If I'd have known I would have waited. How do I explain this to his family? Or should I go? His family are saying it will be fine and they know best because they live there but the doctors are scaring me here. I'm in the middle. Please advise

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

You cannot ask for medical advice on Boards.ie. Please seek professional advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement