Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nibe 1220 GSHP settings - please help.

• 23-12-2016 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi
    Really hope someone can help me out..
    We've got a house with a Nibe 1220 GSHP installed,I'll be honest i haven't got a clue how to use it.....its either too hot, too cold, no hot water, large bills etc.
    We've got a reasonable sized open plan house, the bedroom upstairs all have thermostats (no thermostats downstairs)
    I just want the house reasonable warm (not too hot) and some hot water.
    I've taken a reading from all current settings as they stand now, does anyone know if they are correct ? 
    Ideally if some one explain what they mean in laymens terms i.e co-efficient? off set heating curve ? brine in/out ? brine return ? what are the values in brackets ?
    I'd like some base values / settings to work from and some instructions on how to adjust things to make the house warmer / colder.

Many many thanks to any help given

1.0) Hot Water Temp      :     55.0
    1.1) Period HW/Total     :     30 (60) min
    1.2) Time Period             :     60min
    1.3) Max Time HW period     :     30min
    1.4) HW Temp / Start Temp   :     51.4 (45)
    1.5) HW Temp / Stop Temp   :     51.1 (50)

2) Flow Temperature               :     25.9 (30)
    2.1) Curve Co-efficient           :     5
    2.2) Offset heating curve        :     0

4) Outdoor temperature          :     6.7C

5) Brine In/Out                       :     84.3/91.2
    5.1) Brine return temperature Min  :    91.2 (6)
    5.2) Auto reset brine alarm     :      On
    5.3) Time between starts        :      45min
    5.4) Compressor Start            :       -55

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭soundskin

temps in the brackets are the target temps.

The heat curve is your main point of call for adjusting your heating. Be aware too many stats is a bad thing for a heat pump.

Most of your settings are fine. You'd have to get into the service menus to go digging properly

1.0) Hot Water Temp : 55.0 ok
    1.1) Period HW/Total : 30 (60) min ok
    1.2) Time Period : 60min ok
    1.3) Max Time HW period : 30min ok, usually set to 20
    1.4) HW Temp / Start Temp : 51.4 (45) (45 is the start
    1.5) HW Temp / Stop Temp : 51.1 (50)

2) Flow Temperature : 25.9 (30)
    2.1) Curve Co-efficient : 5 this is where you adjust your heating
    2.2) Offset heating curve : 0

4) Outdoor temperature : 6.7C

5) Brine In/Out : 84.3/91.2 these figures are incorrect as sensors are failed, not an issue to affect the running of the heat pump
    5.1) Brine return temperature Min : 91.2 (6) This is usually minus 8 degrees and not 6
    5.2) Auto reset brine alarm : On
    5.3) Time between starts : 45min
    5.4) Compressor Start : -55

• Registered Users Posts: 9 antbon

Hi, Thanks very much for the reply
    I'll make the adjustments you have suggested - thank you.
    If you don't mind, what is the relationship between the 'Offset heating curve' and the 'Curve Co-efficient'

Still just wondering if anyone could explain what the relationship between the 'Offset heating curve' and the 'Curve Co-efficient' is ?
    Thanks

Still just wondering if anyone could explain what the relationship between the 'Offset heating curve' and the 'Curve Co-efficient' is ?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭rathbaner

The relationship is discussed in the manual here. http://www.nibe.eu/nibedocuments/14052/231651-1.pdf

From what I can gather a relationship is maintained by the unit between the indoor temperature and the outdoor temperature. This is based on a theoretical model based on an ideal house. In real life conditions this relationship (which is expressed mathematically as a curve) has to be offset to take into account these real life factors. The amount which it is offset is the coefficient.

• Advertisement
Advertisement