Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double charge on card transaction

Options
  • 23-12-2016 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hello,

I got double charged for a transaction in a popular brand of coffee shop. What happened was that I paid for my drink and a few minutes later they asked me to pay again as the transaction didn't go through as the first one came up cancelled.

Do I go through the bank to get a refund or through the coffee shop?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi moloner4, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here. 

We would always advise first of all to contact the retailer regarding a duplicate charge as they maybe able to reverse this immediately for you. If they are unable to do so, you can submit your query on the Service Desk on 365Online where a rep will be happy to look into this for you. 

If you're not registered for online banking, please call BOI Direct on 0818 365 365. 

Thanks and Happy Christmas, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement