Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best network for occasional heavy use?

Options
  • 23-12-2016 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭

I live abroad but still have an Irish SIM for when I come home every two or three months for a weekend or a week.

I'm looking for a PAYG plan that I can top up on a single occasion (rather than recurring 30 days etc.)

Main requirements are data and price (e.g. what I can get for a 10€ top up when I'm here for a weekend). I'd also like a deal where I can keep the credit after I top up (usually make some international calls when I'm home). Won't be calling one particular Irish network more than any others.

Currently on Meteor who give a good amount of data for a 10€ top up but they take the credit and it is recurring so unless I cancel they take another 10€ after 30 days.

Any suggestions? (also prefer to avoid MVNO operators due to potential roaming problems)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Have a read of this thread. It's Meteor broadband 180 days, 50GB, 30 euro. It will work in a phone BUT you can't make or receive calls, you'd have to use an app like Viber or similar. You can get a SIM and try it out first.

By the way you don't need to keep credit on your account for that 10 euro data offer, just top up by 10 when you need the data, don't leave the credit unused. You only have to top up by at least 5 euro every 150 days to keep the SIM active.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Have a read of this thread. It's Meteor broadband 180 days, 50GB, 30 euro. It will work in a phone BUT you can't make or receive calls, you'd have to use an app like Viber or similar. You can get a SIM and try it out first.

By the way you don't need to keep credit on your account for that 10 euro data offer, just top up by 10 when you need the data, don't leave the credit unused. You only have to top up by at least 5 euro every 150 days to keep the SIM active.

Thanks - I'd still need calls so that isn't an option, but I will see if I can find a way to make the 10gb data offer work

Advertisement