Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

None Irish who put down Ireland what do you fell about it?.

• 23-12-2016 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭

Basically I get this a lot from people who are not from here who say to me Ireland is a useless country and and hole. And Irish people are in friendly and rude But magical they are liveing and working here.

How do people fell about it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭skankkuvhima

On the booze early, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Way to put a damper on the season of goodwill.

But saying that........Fcuk them oh and Merry Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

I must be feeling unwell, can't read a word of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭RayCon

I get this a lot from people who are Non-Nationals - who say to me Ireland is a useless country and a hole. And Irish people are unfriendly and rude, but magically - they are living and working here

They sound like they've acclimatized well ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hungry mostly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Estrellita

Stand back everyone, it's cool. I speak the lingo.

OP. In shurt,. They our Wright and they our wrong. Sum ppl are nice here butt sum ppl our cnuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Ho ho ho. there a bit tick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭midnight city

Tell them to leave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Santa needs to bring a few people a dictionary for Christmas.

I forgot to add

U ok hun?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

OP, how long are you off from primary school ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I fell about laughing.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

I fell and cut me knee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I've seen better spelling and grammar in the facebook thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

OP is dyslexic according to posting history.

I find Irish complain a LOT more about Ireland than immigrants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

I fell on me arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

If you found out the OP maybe had a learning disability, would you all be as quick to mock him? No doubt that it would not mean jack sh1t to some of the more ignorant fkucers on here

Have a read of the OP's previous posts before you start making assumptions about people you do not know.

Are we all supposed to read the history of all the users before we reply to them? Go away out of that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

If you found out the OP maybe had a learning disability, would you all be as quick to mock him? No doubt that it would not mean jack sh1t to some of the more ignorant fkucers on here

Have a read of the OP's previous posts before you start making assumptions about people you do not know.
    Dyslexia or no dyslexia, poor spelling and grammar is still poor spelling and grammar. Attack the post, not the poster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Collie D wrote: »
    OP is dyslexic according to posting history.

I find Irish complain a LOT more about Ireland than immigrants.

Well, in that case it would appear I'm a bit of a cnut (It's ironic that I have to misspell cnut to get it on here).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Basically I get this a lot from people who are not from here who say to me Ireland is a useless country and and hole. And Irish people are in friendly and rude But magical they are liveing and working here.

Tell 'em to f**k off and don't come back then

Oh Please.
    So what? We are supposed to assume everyone on here with poor spelling has a disability?
    No need to sidetrack the thread with your PC "to the rescue" brigade.

It is a common thing among migrants.

When abroad speaking to a local the home country is better.
    When home speaking to a local the foreign country is better.

I think it is a symptom of not really wanting to be abroad, but having to go for work or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭0127647

I'm Irish, I think Dublin is a dump and I work there LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Butters1979

Grayson wrote: »
    Well, in that case it would appear I'm a bit of a cnut (It's ironic that I have to misspell cnut to get it on here).

No you're not. I'm dyslexic (although only moderately) and every device I use to post here has spellcheck (my best friend and my worst enemy). Unless he is using a device set to a different language.

OP, are you non-native English speaker by any chance? are you a non Irish getting annoyed at the non Irish putting down the Irish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

No you're not. I'm dyslexic (although only moderately) and every device I use to post here has spellcheck (my best friend and my worst enemy). Unless he is using a device set to a different language.

OP, are you non-native English speaker by any chance? are you a non Irish getting annoyed at the non Irish putting down the Irish?

He's not non-native.

I've never seen much criticism of Ireland, weather and public transport aside, from immigrants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I find it rude. Not that Im all that patriotic but I think its just not nice to come to another country and bang on and on about how **** the country is to the locals. I don't I would ever go abroad and do that. Much less complain about it AND compare it my homeland and keep saying how much better it was there. Ive met several spanish students who did this and it made me dislike them as people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

It was however still unreadable. And most dyslexics will do better than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Sumbody coll de grammer poelice....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Oh Please.
    So what? We are supposed to assume everyone on here with poor spelling has a disability?
    No need to sidetrack the thread with your PC "to the rescue" brigade.

PC is cool and right, there are probably a lot of people who post on boards who have issues, no friends, depression, living at home with their mammies, gender issues and dyslexia, we know the OP has a girlfriend and get out to shop at Dunnes, so that rules out most of the above, but we can guess that he is dyslexic, which category do you fall into Scrubsfanchris? :rolleyes:

If it's a choice between guessing dyslexic or drunk I'll guess drunk every time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Tell all your Cork acquaintances to go home if they don't like living in Dublin.

If it's a choice between guessing dyslexic or drunk I'll guess drunk every time

It can also be both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Yap as normal when I post a thread in after hours people insult my dyslexia got to love People I have a learning disability k wish I didn't have and people insult you for haveing it.

Someday after years of being put down and made fun of for haveing it. It will be expected by people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Yap as normal when I post a thread in after hours people insult my dyslexia got to love People I have a learning disability k wish I didn't have and people insult you for haveing it.

Someday after years of being put down and made fun of for haveing it. It will be expected by people

I thought that you were foreign at first glance but then your post said otherwise.

In response to your question, I couldn't give a fiddlers fcuk what they think.

• Advertisement

Are we all supposed to guess this? People picked up your errors, they didn't pick on you personally.
    Posts like yours are a dime a dozen in After Hours and 99% of the time its people who have had drink too many. They get the piss taken out of them in jest, we move on.

Why not stick "Apologies for spelling, yada yada" in your signature or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭Boggy Turf

A known taboo for Irish people is foreigners criticising their country even though Irish people never stop giving out about Ireland. It's a taboo in many other countries too.

Are we all supposed to guess this? People picked up your errors, they didn't pick on you personally.
    Posts like yours are a dime a dozen in After Hours and 99% of the time its people who have had drink too many. They get the piss taken out of them in jest, we move on.

Why not stick "Apologies for spelling, yada yada" in your signature or something.

To. Me. That will be the same as saying sorry for haveing autism to people in public as it is a learning disability as well.
    But of a insult to. Me to have to be screaming out from the roof that I have deslexa

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

To. Me. That will be the same as saying sorry for haveing autism to people in public as it is a learning disability as well.
    But of a insult to. Me to have to be screaming out from the roof that I have deslexa

Do you use spelling and grammar check tools? That would make a difference

Sorry OP, I also have dyslexia and it can be a pain but I just use spell check. It's not an excuse for typing like you're on Facebook.

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    Do you use spelling and grammar check tools? That would make a difference

Sadly my forum means I can't work a I o u e from each other and loads of words that are wrong look right to me sadly there is Notting I cs do about it. Spell check can't work out a good 80% of my typing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

No it doesn't. Plenty of official documents have the letters "E&OE" at then end of them. It means Errors & Omissions Excepted.

Hungrycol wrote: »
    No it doesn't. Plenty of official documents have the letters "E&OE" at then end of them. It means Errors & Omissions Excepted.

In your eyes what would you consider deslexa as to me you sound like I have to hand out cards to people saying I have deslexa?. Like it did not stop me from getting 2 degrees if your wondering....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Estrellita

Collie D wrote: »
    OP is dyslexic according to posting history. .

Ugh, ballox :(

My apologies OP. I thought you were having some pre-Christmas drinky poos. Well Santy is just going right over my house this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

You can turn on autocorrect on your phone. I have mild dyslexia but you'd never know it thanks to the power of technology.

No excuse for mass spelling errors when you could very easily turn on autocorrect.

Advertisement