Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annual Fastway Couriers Rant

Options
  • 23-12-2016 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

Searching through old threads on these guys from over the years and its clear they haven't improved at all.

They have had an order of mine in their possession since the 15th and still havent managed to get it to me. Their online tracking system is ridiculously vague, their delivery drivers seems unable or unwilling to call the number on the delivery or even leave an attempted delivery slip and of course they are unable to provide any sort of delivery time window. After five attempted calls i got through to the "customer service" agent on Wednesday and he assured me that despite the system telling me that "additional information is required" that they have all the info they need and would deliver again the following day. Two days later still no delivery, still no phone calls, no delivery slips and obviously no presents for Christmas. Trying to call them now again and no answer.

Anyway happy Christmas all

/rant.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Denny_Crane

Annual is telling in the title of your OP. I'm all for Xmas shopping online but you really want it done by end of November at the absolute latest. The annual Black Friday et al cons aren't helping either.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Two days later still no delivery, still no phone calls, no delivery slips and obviously no presents for Christmas. Trying to call them now again and no answer.

if its really really important i'd go to their depot and collect it myself

couriers and an post are up to their eyeballs at this time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

fryup wrote: »
    if its really really important i'd go to their depot and collect it myself

Probably of no use, its very likely sitting in a white van on some lads driveway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Their website told me X had been delivered and signed for last Wed night (not delievred to us/signed for by us -nor by our neighbours) - caused me a sleepless night. Could not get thru to Customer Service Thurs morning. X delivered to us Thurs mid-morning - so where was it/who had 'signed' for it Wed night?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭Water John

In fairness, Three Broadband Router upgrade, delivered in 48 hours. Went and met the driver, no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Got a phonecall from them yesterday saying they could not deliver my parcel as there was no one home. I was standing at my front door at the time changing the bulb in the outside light. He wasn't even near my house just assumed I would be at work. Not too impressed that I made him deliver it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Most of time have no problem with Fastway.

However our usual driver decided to take on help to deal with the Christmas rush and the guy he took on delivered our package to a completely different house.

Hours of trying to contact Fastway and trying to find out which house it went to, finally got the number of the house. Thank god they were trustworthy, could have easily said nothing was delivered to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Have never had issues with them TBF although never had to get anything this time of year. Things are chaotic in the courier and postal service this time of year in fairness and only way to ensure you don't get caught up is to buy early.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Have had average enough experience in the past with them, but very poor this year.

Here's the adventure my parcel went on, gave up and cancelled it in the end. Had no contact with them at all, they had full eircode, 2 full telephone numbers, contacted them via twitter and email. Nothing.

yMEBL7I.jpg

This had 2 further redirections, it ended up in South East again in the end.

Fair enough if information is missing off delivery details, but it was from Amazon, who also had difficulty contacting them.

I can't say their customer service is poor, I've no idea how good it might be, because I never actually got any response from them.

C'est la vie. It's only stuff at the end of the day.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Advertisement