Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"It's what you do next that counts"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    What flavor, the Tropical are gank - you can have mine the next time we meet - yeeeeeuck

I'll gladly take them off your hands :D I'll be at the 2 mile next week?
    I got the blackcurrant, not a bad taste, I hadn't eaten since brekky when heading out for a run so I did try one and thought them grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

Woddle wrote: »
    xc on the 11th of October

Is that the novice or intermediate do you know? Still no clearer on dates :confused:

Is that the novice or intermediate do you know? Still no clearer on dates :confused:

I think he said novice not a 100%, def no xc on the 4th as that's Rathfarnhams 5k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

I think he said novice not a 100%, def no xc on the 4th as that's Rathfarnhams 5k
    I think inter is 11th, so novice probably Sat 26th Sep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

I think inter is 11th, so novice probably Sat 26th Sep

Fingers crossed for those dates.. But the 26th is the same day as teh Half marathon, seems strange.

• Advertisement

20 miles this morning in 2'53'54, pace 8'41
    Average HR 73%

Out the door at 6'30 am this morning to do run the same route as Tuesday, only difference was I had the company of Ral3 and Figs which was fantastic and time seemed to move more quickly.We decided to push quickly on the first part of the run and we ended up going through 10 miles in 78 mins then it was time for a walk break, we took longer on these walk breaks than we should have but that was my fault 2x20 mile runs in 5 days starts to take its toll, so the pace did drop but it was more down to walking a total of 10 mins but I needed that, the lads certainly didn't but they were sympathetic to my cause :D

I had a little bit of shin pain during this run, it disappeared after 10 miles but it's back now so I'll take it easy as I do not want to miss Berlin because of shin splints. Lsr planned for next Saturday and I hope to cover 22 miles with less walking.

Total milage 1090.78

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

What are you hoping for in Berlin Dave? You planning on using it as a build up to Dublin now as opposed to smashing your PB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Stupid_Private

shels4ever wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for those dates.. But the 26th is the same day as teh Half marathon, seems strange.

If it's that weekend I'd hazard a guess it'd be the Sunday and not the same day as the half. All the XC races last year were on a Sunday.
    No running yesterday as I would be training with Rathfarnham on Thursday and I wanted to be fresh.

Hopefully that's a once off - the last thing you want to do is to get in the habit of tapering for training. One of the coaches in London wouldn't let us know what was in store for us on the Tuesday to make sure we wouldn't taper for it.

Hopefully that's a once off - the last thing you want to do is to get in the habit of tapering for training. One of the coaches in London wouldn't let us know what was in store for us on the Tuesday to make sure we wouldn't taper for it.

:D
    Very true, my main reason for tapering was that I didn't want to embarass myself :D especially after the 20.
    On a different note, I'll be heading to Longford next Sunday if you want to come.

RQ, not a 100% sure what I'm going to aim for, I found todays run alot more tougher compared with Figs and Ral3, I reckon next Saturdays lsr on fresh legs will have more answers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Stupid_Private

:D
    On a different note, I'll be heading to Longford next Sunday if you want to come.

Good stuff. Just decided yesterday I was going to try and make this - I have some logistics to work out on the whole thing so I'll know by Wednesday if I need a lift or not. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

I am no longer running Dublin and thats for sure,
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭figs

ultraman1 wrote: »
    ;)

you're a bad man ultraman!

Well, we've come to the end of the road, for this log anyway. Thank you to all who have helped me along the way but I just feel the log is no longer meeting my needs, I have had alot of questions answered and I feel I can now move on to the next step.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

I've enjoyed this log Woddle. We always seemed to be in or around the same level so it was good to track your progress. Best of luck champ. Don't be a stranger.

This log is going to be a little more serious, I hope. I want to concentrate a little more on my nutrition and a structured training plan. Starting tomorrow no more sweets (it has to be tomorrow as I'm just back from the cinema :D, ok so the log may not be all that serious), I will be starting a new book The complete guide to sports nutrition by Anita Bean and will be referring to it alot in this log.
    I have set myself 5 goals for the rest of the year

1. To PB in Dublin marathon (sorry Ultraman :D, you actually made me realise how much I want it), current PB 3'37

2. To PB in the 5k, current 19'25

3. To PB and go under 40 mins for the 10k, current is 45 sth or other.

4. To race and enjoy the novice with no pressure ( can't see myself being in great shape for this but will run it none the less)

5. To get to a good weight for running.

I think these are all realistic goals and I feel they will help launch me for next year.

I might take some blows along the way but I'm going to do it My way. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Well, we've come to the end of the road, for this log anyway. Thank you to all who have helped me along the way but I just feel the log is no longer meeting my needs, I have had alot of questions answered and I feel I can now move on to the next step.
    Thanks again.

Is "Running is hard" going to be the sequel ? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Good luck with the new goals Woddle - looks like your going for a power to weight ratio play, remember a little of what you fancy won't kill you.

This log is going to be a little more serious, I hope. I want to concentrate a little more on my nutrition and a structured training plan. Starting tomorrow no more sweets (it has to be tomorrow as I'm just back from the cinema :D, ok so the log may not be all that serious), I will be starting a new book The complete guide to sports nutrition by Anita Bean and will be referring to it alot in this log.
    I have set myself 5 goals for the rest of the year

1. To PB in Dublin marathon (sorry Ultraman :D, you actually made me realise how much I want it), current PB 3'37

2. To PB in the 5k, current 19'25

3. To PB and go under 40 mins for the 10k, current is 45 sth or other.

4. To race and enjoy the novice with no pressure ( can't see myself being in great shape for this but will run it none the less)

5. To get to a good weight for running.

I think these are all realistic goals and I feel they will help launch me for next year.

I might take some blows along the way but I'm going to do it My way. :D

Is that Dublin '09 or '10? You might end up coming back from Berlin with a pb at this stage.

shels4ever wrote: »
    Is that Dublin '09 or '10? You might end up coming back from Berlin with a pb at this stage.

This year, with 8/9 weeks out I feel I can beat 3'37 and don't worry boss I'll still be togging out for the novice :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Is "Running is hard" going to be the sequel ? :D

I'd prefer "Chairman of the Boards (AC)"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

If you get under 40 for 10km all the above goals will be achieved. Best of luck and we might see ye in the irish bar on the sunday night in Berlin.

If you get under 40 for 10km all the above goals will be achieved. Best of luck and we might see ye in the irish bar on the sunday night in Berlin.

I think the 10k will be thje last one to be achieved on the list and for sure I'll be there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭stmochtas

Good luck with the goals Wod. Hopefully pull off a few of those myself in the coming years too. Onwards and upwards like the mighty Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭tisnotover

Best of luck with the new goals+log Woddle, I've been following your last one through year+seen the highs+lows that you've gone through..

Great to set out set of targets for yourself, can't believe ure giving up sweets though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

No sweets = no fun! Just had a few sour jelliles now, they were delish!

Good luck with the new goals Mr. Chairman

Your 5k pb is a niceone too, Would love to get close to that time in October but I think i'll still be trying to get sub 20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Best of luck with the new goals woddle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

Best of luck with the new log and with the goals you have listed. The current 10K time is quaking in it's boots.

Even money you're back on the sweets before the weekend is over ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Great goals woddle, but how much more weight do you want to lose, there is not a pick on you as it is.

Best of luck with it. OI

• Advertisement

eliwallach wrote: »

Even money you're back on the sweets before the weekend is over ;).

Your a bad man Eli , I'll prove you wrong :D

osnola ivax thanks but your being too kind, I'm still 2 stone heavier than the last time I was running in 02, granted I was probably too thin then. 10.5 -11 stone would be great. Gone are the sweets, sugar on brekky, fizzy drinks and sports drinks. Cold turkey, it'll be the only way.

5 miles in 40'14 today, happy enough no pain in my shin which was a huge relief.
    22 miles planned for the morning.

Advertisement