Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"It's what you do next that counts"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Best of luck Woddle, get ready for the pain between 16-20 and ask yourself "What would Daddy tough Love Do?";)

Hope you have a blast and come back with a nice hangover and pb:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

I'll add my best wishes as well. Enjoy (if you can running a marathon). I'll look forward to your race report.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭figs

gerard65 wrote: »
    I'll add my best wishes as well. Enjoy (if you can running a marathon). I'll look forward to your race report.

+1

Have a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

Best of luck Woddle, enjoy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Enjoy and remember they removed the 'wall' a good number of years ago ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Yeah give it socks over there Mr. Chairman!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Best of luck Woddle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭stmochtas

Good luck woddle. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Best of luck Woddle...enjoy the w/e....

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭kevinkilbane

well done today woddle. the gaffer gave me the details. it must have been very tough with the heat. your half time was excellent.
    but the gaffer asked me, "i wonder did he eat breakfast?".
    he gave me the lecture in anyway "an empty sack wont stand... a car wont go without fuel... etc" he went on ha.

i look forward to your race report.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Congrats woddle today, great running, nice that you allowed yourself some time for a mid race massage and some crowd interfacing and still nearly get in sub4.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Sometimes it doesn't go to plan, but you seem to have had an enjoyable race in the end. It's a lot of fun running to finish, when you can walk a bit/highfive the kids/enjoy the support of the crowd. You did the sensible thing when you knew it wasn't going to be your day, I'm sure you have the hunger for a good race in Dublin. Look forward to your report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

I saw your report on teh other thread - absolutely the right choice on the day. Now knock em dead in Dublin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

Hey Woddle smart running, well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Good to get another marathon under your belt woddle, see you at dublin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Good man, just keep hoovering up the lessons from these experiences and you'll be flying. Hope you;re having a ball over there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

For a laugh, video finish The wife thinks I'm a dope but it caught my mood and yes that is me for some reason pretending to shoot the photographer :D Don't know why, just happened

I had a great day (not time wise :D ), it really is such a great marathon, the support was fantastic, I met DaithiBC just before the off and we agreed to run together, nice one, we could not hit an 8 min mile to save our lives (well I couldn't) it felt good to run quicker, I felt good so I went with the flow, got to mile 8.5 and I had to go toilet, disaster struck, I lost Daithi and couldn't find him, on top of this I couldn't get the rhythm going again, I went through 10 in 78 sth but hte strain was now starting to show. It was getting so hot also but with the tall buildings it was easy to find shade at times. I decided to try and make it to the halfway mark at 1'45 but I was 3 mins over and at this point I decided to save it for Dublin. So I enjoyed the second half high fiving kids and I also had a massage that probably lasted 5 mins or so :D (it was well needed as I kept having that feeling that I was about to go into cramp. I walked alot, probably too muchand my heart rate reflects this.
    Again what a fcuking marathon, sure I'd have to come back next year :D
    I went for a swim after but kept getting cramp in my toes so I cut it short.
    I finished in 4'03'50 or sth and to be honest I was happy to finish

well done today woddle. the gaffer gave me the details. it must have been very tough with the heat. your half time was excellent.
    but the gaffer asked me, "i wonder did he eat breakfast?".
    he gave me the lecture in anyway "an empty sack wont stand... a car wont go without fuel... etc" he went on ha.

i look forward to your race report.

No I didn't eat brekky, I had my 2 servings of pasta the night before at 6:30pm and then ate 3 banannas and 30 mins before the race I had a double caffiene power bar :D I felt fine and certainly didn't lack energy.

Sometimes it doesn't go to plan, but you seem to have had an enjoyable race in the end. It's a lot of fun running to finish, when you can walk a bit/highfive the kids/enjoy the support of the crowd. You did the sensible thing when you knew it wasn't going to be your day, I'm sure you have the hunger for a good race in Dublin. Look forward to your report.

Absolutely, and I had 'tough love' written on my arm (didn't think daddy love was appropriate :D) so that I would be prepared to work hard, a kind of what would DP say to me right now. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Well done again woddle,you were smiling coming across the line,i will be in pain crossing the line in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Thats the best finish i've seen in a while, So is that going to be yoru standard finish from now on.. :)

Hows the body holding up now, are you racing on the 4th and on the 11th or what way are you planning your recovery/build up to dublin?

shels4ever wrote: »
    Thats the best finish i've seen in a while, So is that going to be yoru standard finish from now on.. :)

Hows the body holding up now, are you racing on the 4th and on the 11th or what way are you planning your recovery/build up to dublin?

Feeling good, a bit of stiffness in my quads is all, considering going football later. I got out for a good walk earlier.
    Yep will be racing both, already signed up for the Rathfarnham 5k and will be aiming at sub 20, will be close.
    Plan is no running till Thursday and then just a few easy miles till the race.
    I see your not going to well with injury, also I'm going to turn that xc placing list of yours on its head :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Woddle wrote: »
    already signed up for the Rathfarnham 5k and will be aiming at sub 20, will be close.

it wont be close, you ll break it! no problem to you. just go very hard!

Feeling good, a bit of stiffness in my quads is all, considering going football later. I got out for a good walk earlier.
    Yep will be racing both, already signed up for the Rathfarnham 5k and will be aiming at sub 20, will be close.
    Plan is no running till Thursday and then just a few easy miles till the race.
    I see your not going to well with injury, also I'm going to turn that xc placing list of yours on its head :D

Don't worry i'll be grand for the 11th :) Went to Ciaran Fitzpatrick yesterday the guy is great. Nearly 1.5 horus work done on the leg and it feels very sore now, but in a good way.
    Have my race plan for the XC already and its jsut a matter of picking off my targets now ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Good stuff woddle. Well done....I loved the finish there. Can't believe how many people were finishing in that clip. It looked packed! Maybe the finish is a bit of a bottle neck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

For a laugh, video finish The wife thinks I'm a dope but it caught my mood and yes that is me for some reason pretending to shoot the photographer :D Don't know why, just happened

Shooter McGavin! Awww yeah! The guns is pretty much the most awesome thing you can do for a photo :D

3.1 miles in 25'39, pace 8'16
    Average HR 70%

I headed to Marlay and ran most of this on grass in an attempt to get ready for the xc season. Quads still a bit tender but all in all the body is good.
    I allowed myself 3 days off and 3 days to eat what I like. The good news is I'm the same weight as before the marathon. I had previously developed a bad habit of putting on a few pounds post marathon.

3.1 miles in 25'39, pace 8'16
    Average HR 70%

I headed to Marlay and ran most of this on grass in an attempt to get ready for the xc season. Quads still a bit tender but all in all the body is good.
    I allowed myself 3 days off and 3 days to eat what I like. The good news is I'm the same weight as before the marathon. I had previously developed a bad habit of putting on a few pounds post marathon.
    Keep it nice an slow for the next week, you dont need to do much at all, just let the body recover and you will be fine. Might be there for the 5k now myself going to decide later in the week, but not sure i'd get close to a sub 20.

Thanks Shels, it felt good though and the heart rate stayed right down.
    Tonight 2.14 miles in 14'59, pace 7'00
    Average HR 172/205

Strange one this, no plan for this run I just wanted to get out and when I did I just started running fast, quite a nice run. I think this could be the run for me, what I mean is those days you just don't want to go out but 15 mins quick is better than nothing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Jaysus, fair play to you. Best I can do is 8:40, and that's a strain.

Advertisement