Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"It's what you do next that counts"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Congrats on the new baby. Keep going the way you going and BAC will be flooding the juvenile ranks in races before long:D
    Hope the knee ok and i wouldn worry to much sometimes break can do you good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

congrats woddle!! hope the knee is ok, like ecoli said a proper off season rest could be exactly what you need. id an enforced break for 2 weeks over xmas and now raring to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Congratulations :)

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭OI

Congrats on the new arrival woddle. Welcome back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Congrats Woddle, glad all is well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Congrats Woddle. Great news.

I wouldnt worry about the missed training with regards Rotterdam. You'd be amazed sometimes what a break from running can do for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

Congrats Woodle, Hope all is ok with the Little one and the OH. I was wondering where you had gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭rivermetimbers

hi woddle, firstly congrats on your new arrival, great stuff. i have been reading your account, as a marathon is something i have always wanted to do and maybe this year is my year, any advice... websites, u personally, or any or you guys.

the thing is i play GAA and dont know how to handle both types of training if it is even possible? i am a reasonably fit 28 yr old guy, 6ft tall weight 13.5 stone(i really dont want to loose much weight if i can help it) thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

Congratulations, fantastic news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Congrats on the new arrival Woddle. I was wondering where you had disappeared to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭meathcountysec

Congratulations. Another one and you'll have your own relay team to coach:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Congrats Woddle. Early baby girls are tough little cookies (and also tend to become real daddies' girls) in my experience. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭steoc

Hi Woodle,

You dont know me but it feels as if i know you.... Ive beeing reading your Log and i find it a great read and has been an inspiration to me since i started running or should i say started getting off the sofa since September. I would like to thank you and all the others, you know who you are for all the tips and motavation burst i have got from reading Logs and posts. I have booked in for my first race which is the Wexford half which im looking forword to. I am running about 20 miles per week along with circuit training and some speed work on a track. I have also joined a running group which is a great help as i find it hard to run on my own.
    Again i would like to say a big thank you to all and ill pop in now and again to say hi.
    Congrats to you and your family on your new arrival.
    Steoc

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭RAL3

Congratulations to yourself Woddle and to your other half. Hope all are well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Great news happy for you all.
    Enjoy the no sleep part all over again or had you forgotten?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Congrats Woddle....you should clock up a few miles running around getting nappies and bottles...they all count :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Great news Woddle, congrats. 1000 mile challenge isn't the same without duelling with you:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭earlyevening

Congrats woddle. I'd noticed you hadn't posted in ages and was wondering what was up. Glad it was good news and not bad that was occupying your time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

Congrats woddle. I'd noticed you hadn't posted in ages and was wondering what was up. Glad it was good news and not bad that was occupying your time.

I'll echo that Woddle.

But as it stands, you've have more babies than miles in 2010 ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

+1. Congrats on the new addition to the Woodle household.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Thanks everyone for the good wishes, mam and baby doing really well. Looks like I'll be making my comeback tomorrow, despite another fall yesterday, also yesterday while jogging to collect the car I noticed my groin was acting up, touch wood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭traininglog

nice and steady getting back!!!

Any chance of a pic of the new arrival? :pac:

Any chance of a pic of the new arrival? :pac:

Any excuse to show her off :D
    4274025637_6afb3b3cee_b.jpg

Will take the pic down on Sunday

All together now - d'awwwwwww :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭meathcountysec

2 proud big sisters there....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Congrats again, She's a buster. Three girls ... you'll be well looked after in your old age... no wonder your trying to knacker your legs with all this running, sure you won't have to do a tap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Congrats on the nipper Woddle...three real cuties you have there.

Cheers everyone for the nice comments.
    Finally got off the mark today with a run of 3.85 miles, done very easy. Happy to have completed it without stopping but not so happy in that my knee was still causing me some pain for the last 1/2 mile. I havn't written of Rotterdam yet as I'd love to go but will see how my knee is feeling at the end of the week.
    Good to be back running though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

Welcome back!

Advertisement