Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"It's what you do next that counts"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Woddle wrote: »
    Good to be back running though

Woo-Hoo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

He reappears. Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Well my last run of 2 weeks ago turned out to be another false start, my knee causing me alot of heart ache but 2 weeks of doing the most boring exercises seems to have seen me right and this morning saw me complete my first pain free run in 9/10 weeks :D
    The plan now is no marathons and I'm now going to target a bit of speed, concentrate on running the sportsworld 5 in May (not bothered about time just yet) and then run the graded meets, glad to be back again.
    The best thing about this mornings run was the peace and quite on the roads and back in the house as the kids are still asleep after my grandparents renewed their wedding vows last night celebrating 50 years of being married :eek: and the kids got to stay up way later than normal, now I'm going to get a hot chocolate and I'm going to enjoy reading the racing post and see if I can't pick out a winner or 2, I was so unlucky with Ireland in the rugby I went with them to win by -4 pts.
    Hane a nice day everyone.

Crap I can hear the kids waking :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Good to see that you're back. I'm moaning about being sick for two weeks can't imagine how crappy it must be to have been off for 10 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

The plan now is no marathons and I'm now going to target a bit of speed, concentrate on running the sportsworld 5 in May (not bothered about time just yet) and then run the graded meets, glad to be back again.

perfect attitude to have when coming back from injury woddle
    im thinking along the same lines.
    just happy to be back, get the miles in, dont worry about times etc and enjoy it for what it is

best of luck with it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

A shame you wont be joining us in Rotterdam.

Best of luck with the recovery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

04072511 wrote: »
    A shame you wont be joining us in Rotterdam.

Best of luck with the recovery.

+1 great your back though. Must be nice to go run without an imediate goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Crap I can hear the kids waking :)
    you mean - Yippee, I can hear the kids waking, right? :)
    Great to see you running again. You'll be in fine fettle in now time.

Inspired and motivated by all those runnig yesterday, so up at 5:30 for a 5k and will be meeting a friend for a lap of marley after the school drop.

5k @ 8'40 pace, felt harder than it should

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Inspired and motivated by all those runnig yesterday, so up at 5:30 for a 5k and will be meeting a friend for a lap of marley after the school drop.

5k @ 8'40 pace, felt harder than it should

Great to see you back. My advice would be to leave the watch at home for the next week or two and just get out there and enjoy it.
    Don't worry about paces and that they will come in time the more important thing is getting the hunger back after injury.

• Advertisement

Another run for the day around Marley, not sure if its of much benefit (very slow pace) but its a nice run to have a chat and catch up.

Your right about the watch and I had been leaving it at home but I kinda just wanted to know how slow I've gotten :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

Your right about the watch and I had been leaving it at home but I kinda just wanted to know how slow I've gotten :D

I generally don't need a watch for that....:o

Plenty of time before CCM leg 1.
    Is that your target comeback?
    Ideal if it is as any time you post will be 'absorbed' into the team time.

eliwallach wrote: »

Plenty of time before CCM leg 1.
    Is that your target comeback?
    Ideal if it is as any time you post will be 'absorbed' into the team time.

Yep thats the target, I think it gives me plenty of time to get in shape and having enjoyed it so much last year, I can't wait

Hopefully you'll be packed up and gone home before your camera can snap my bedraggled features crossing the finish line.:o

eliwallach wrote: »
    Hopefully you'll be packed up and gone home before your camera can snap my bedraggled features crossing the finish line.:o

I think I hung around till 4'15 on the clock, so your probably right, i will miss you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭stmochtas

Welcome back! Very depressing football yesterday. Things looking at little less rosy now.

I think I hung around till 4'15 on the clock, so your probably right, i will miss you :D

Cheeky.

I can insult me, but nobody else can :D:D:D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭Peckham

Typical Woddle - limited running for months, and then he starts back with a double ;)

Nice one man, enjoy the running. I liked your comment about on my log about falling asleep post race ;)

What another fantastic day for a run. I'm running with a friend of mine and today I had a 1k time trial penciled in for him, because of that I decided I'd do the trial aswell, so after a warmp up I ran 3'56, actually quite happy with this as I know I had more to offer and after a couple of mins I was ready to go again if I wanted, so a little over 5k today, 5 miles planned for the morning.
    Decided for def Cork relay and graded track meets are the goals, so judging by todays 1k trial I have a long way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

What another fantastic day for a run. I'm running with a friend of mine and today I had a 1k time trial penciled in for him, because of that I decided I'd do the trial aswell, so after a warmp up I ran 3'56, actually quite happy with this as I know I had more to offer and after a couple of mins I was ready to go again if I wanted, so a little over 5k today, 5 miles planned for the morning.
    Decided for def Cork relay and graded track meets are the goals, so judging by todays 1k trial I have a long way to go.
    Dont forget the cross country season too ;)

shels4ever wrote: »
    Dont forget the cross country season too ;)

I hate it with a passion but I certainly have to have a bash after my antics last time :D

Just over 5 miles this morning, not sure about pace but it was slow. Also signed up for the Dublin marathon, its been along time since my last decent outing Sept 08.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Good to see you back :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

Good to see you back :)
    +1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Welcome back to the long and winding road.

Cheers again for the good wishes.

I didn't run Thurs or Friday, on Thurs I was all set to go on my evening run got into my gear but I just looked fat and bloated and the vain me did not want to be seen in public with that belly so I bailed on the run. Friday I just had alot of things to do but this morning I was up at 7 and out the door before anyone would see me :D and got 7 miles done on a very hilly course. Still happy to have finished that course given my current fitness.

signed up for the Dublin marathon,

Nice one! All the best with it.

6 sunrise miles this morning all inspired by a christeb comment :D
    Pace was just under 9 min miles.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

6 sunrise miles this morning all inspired by a christeb comment :D
    Pace was just under 9 min miles.