Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"It's what you do next that counts"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Oryx wrote: »
    Cant believe you still have a stone to lose. Thought you were quite skinny! But well done on your weight loss, its hard work, I know!

Whenever I'm talking to lovely ladies, I suck that gut right in :D

2000 meters in the pool this morning, sets 0f 250 meters and then 1x750 meters, the 750m was done at the end of the session, so I was pretty tired and it showed, I was a 1'30 slower than the last day.

7 miles @ 9min pace including a 7 min last mile.
    I felt good but very warm.

11 weeks to DM so time to get my shlt together.

Last night was core and weights. I want the 6 pack, my wife wants the 6 pack :D and with the weight falling off nows the time.

5 miles @ 8'17 pace, included 9x400m
    Fairly shagged after this but thanks to mistys thread I dug in and finished it.
    4 runs in the last 5 days and would you believe thats the most consistent I've been all year :D

Earlier this morning, weights and core. I introduced the kettle bell also which is fun.

Friday
    Morning swim, 50 lenghts in total and 750 meters in about 17 mins.
    Then evening time was weights and core.

I was too hungover to do anything on Saturday bar cycling down to collect my car.

Sunday
    9.5 miles with shels and figs along the adidas 10 mile route, beautiful morning for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Woddle wrote: »
    Sunday
    9.5 miles with shels and figs along the adidas 10 mile route, beautiful morning for it.
    So the 10 mile is only 9.5:( And this after the 5 mile been 4.9:D

• Advertisement

gerard65 wrote: »
    So the 10 mile is only 9.5:( And this after the 5 mile been 4.9:D

:D
    I was unable to run by my car for a second time and I think shels was on the same wave lenght

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

I was unable to run by my car for a second time and I think shels was on the same wave lenght

I hope you wimps don't think you are training hard enough :D HTFU :D

For me it always starts on a Monday, watch this space for the most insane week of training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Give me a shout woddle if you fancy some company on a run. Back from the states and I'm off all week :cool:

menoscemo wrote: »
    Give me a shout woddle if you fancy some company on a run. Back from the states and I'm off all week :cool:

I'll be doing 10 on Tuesday starting at mine, up to scholars and then head over to marlay via Rockbrook and then home, more than welcome

• Advertisement

I'll be doing 10 on Tuesday starting at mine, up to scholars and then head over to marlay via Rockbrook and then home, more than welcome

What time? Would be nice to have a laugh at the others back working.

What time? Would be nice to have a laugh at the others back working.

I'd prefer morning maybe 10 but would enjoy the company so I'd be flexible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Saving that last 800m for race day ;)

I'd prefer morning maybe 10 but would enjoy the company so I'd be flexible

10 is good. Forces me to get back into Irish time. See you at yer gaff (I have a 14 to do so may add an extra lap to the end).

10 is good. Forces me to get back into Irish time. See you at yer gaff (I have a 14 to do so may add an extra lap to the end).

Sure I might give the 14 a lash, all we have to do is add a lap or 2 in Marlay to the route.

Monday
    I woke up early and straight away had the thoughts of doing a 1000 meters in the pool, no stopping and thats just what I did. It took me 24 mins so I'm still very slow but happy I did it.
    1700 meters in total.

Today
    9.77 hilly miles with menoscemo, about 9'10 pace.
    Very enjoyable run, plenty of chat and the miles just seem to fly by.
    I was really hoping to do 14 today but after 7 I just knew there was no way, so I'm going to target 14 for Friday and pick a less hilly course.

Well I had sth like 41 days off from running, pure laziness but during the end of that period I found some motivation. That motivation came from reading the training logs of those preparing for Dublin marathon, so thanks all.

I've gone and entered the Barcelona marathon in March and I've paid for flights and booked my hotel.

The last 4/5 weeks have been super and I didn't want to jinx it by posting on my log too soon.

Week 1 was just a couple of runs, one of these was a hilly 7 miler and that was just stupid as it caused me alot of soreness.

Wk2
    Mon-5k
    Tue-Rest
    Wed-5m
    Thu-5k
    Fri-Rest
    Sat-5m
    Sun-7m

Total 23ish

WK3
    Mon-Rest
    Tue-5.2m
    Wed-5m inc 6x2'30
    Thu-Rest(unplanned nixer)
    Fri-Rest(had plans)
    Sat-5.2m
    Sun-11m

Total 26ish

WK4
    Mon-5k
    Tue-Rest
    Wed-7m inc 2x2 mile tempo
    Thu-5m
    Fri-Rest
    Sat-5m
    Sun-10m

Total 30ish

WK5
    Mon-Rest and a bit of cycling to and from DM
    Tue-5m inc 9x0.25 miles

So that's where I'm at, down to 12 1/2 stone. Reading alot about running and listening to marathontalk has helped also and upcoming races will be the Jingle bells 5k and the Waterford 1/2 marathon.

Good to see you back, Consistency is really the key for you now, get a few solid months in and you'll be right back . Whats your target for Waterford still think you will be far in the distance for me but going to give this one a real lash.

shels4ever wrote: »
    Good to see you back, Consistency is really the key for you now, get a few solid months in and you'll be right back . Whats your target for Waterford still think you will be far in the distance for me but going to give this one a real lash.

Hi Shels not too sure yet, I think 1'45 would be a nice target, 8 minute miles but if I'm feeling as good as I have been that target could come down. What's your target?

Hi Shels not too sure yet, I think 1'45 would be a nice target, 8 minute miles but if I'm feeling as good as I have been that target could come down. What's your target?

Hoping for 1:45 but all depends on how the next 4 weeks go then i'll decide, 8/8:15 pace maybe . Will see once I get my next 4 long runs done.

• Advertisement

I had another job on yesterday, hopefully that's it as I'm not in the market to work but there are some people you just can't say no to.
    The above coupled with a bit of leg tirdness from the unplanned session meant a rest day. Now that's ok as I'm allowed 2 a week, just means I've to get out every day now for the rest of the week.
    I'm trying to get some new routes so I just headed up to mount venus and decided to map out a tough hilly session and I came up with this

5123549913_b328653b35.jpg

I kept the HR as low as possible but it's damn hard when running uphill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Hmm.. That's a lot of bookie-shop bookmarks. ;)

coincides with my lazy phase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Betfairs better than betdaq ;) it was my homepage for a time :o

Thankfully the national hunt is back, Kauto and the gang. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Betfairs better than betdaq ;) it was my homepage for a time :o

Thankfully the national hunt is back, Kauto and the gang. :)

+1, i use to live on betfair a few years ago, but have no interest at all now in betting. I still enjoy watching NH races though and still love trips to leopardstown at xmas.

I was pushed for time again so just over 4 miles @ 9 min mile pace, probably just aswell as legs were a little tired.
    Plan for the weekend is 6 ish tomorrow and 12 on Sunday.

Got out nice and early this morning for 5.5 miles and my main aim was to keep HR under 160, I averaged 158 which equated to 9'30 min miles, looking forward to tomorrows long run.

5131637585_2d8f1fe2b8.jpg

Thanks to a teething baby I had a terrible nights sleep so I postponed my long run till the afternoon. I like the peace and quiet on these runs so given that I missed the early morning slot I headed up towards Rockbrook and then up to Cruagh and over to Kilakee rd. Really nice run and only a few cars went by. There was very bad fog up by cruagh, I could only see 20 meters in front of me but it was well worth it.
    Only 9.5 miles as the legs were shagged, finished the last half mile at 7'30 pace and it felt good.
    32ish miles for the week and good miles.

Next week is a step back week but it will include a 2 mile TT which should be fun.
    Also for the first time this year I've run over 100 miles in a month (111)

5131637585_2d8f1fe2b8.jpg

Thanks to a teething baby I had a terrible nights sleep so I postponed my long run till the afternoon. I like the peace and quiet on these runs so given that I missed the early morning slot I headed up towards Rockbrook and then up to Cruagh and over to Kilakee rd. Really nice run and only a few cars went by. There was very bad fog up by cruagh, I could only see 20 meters in front of me but it was well worth it.
    Only 9.5 miles as the legs were shagged, finished the last half mile at 7'30 pace and it felt good.
    32ish miles for the week and good miles.

Next week is a step back week but it will include a 2 mile TT which should be fun.
    Also for the first time this year I've run over 100 miles in a month (111)

I know that run :D Did you go right up to where cruagh joins the kilakee rd or did you cut across mount venus? More importantly did you keep running theis time? ;)
    I'd be really interested doing some hill training with you now the dark eveings are coming in. Most luch times should suit me....

• Advertisement

I know that run :D Did you go right up to where cruagh joins the kilakee rd or did you cut across mount venus? More importantly did you keep running theis time? ;)
    I'd be really interested doing some hill training with you now the dark eveings are coming in. Most luch times should suit me....

Hi Meno I ran the route you and I did the last time only that I ran from my house rather than meeting you at the merry ploughman. and after mount venus I headed over to kilmashogue roundabout and then home. Really tough.
    I must admit I stopped a total of 4 times, I was shagged, it probably didn't help that I had done a tough hilly 7.5 already this week where I didn't stop.

I think that'll be the goal to run it and not stop.

Advertisement