Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"It's what you do next that counts"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Didn't get to run yesterday, my wife went to Belfast for the day.
    Did my last interval or vo2 max session today as recommended by advanced marathoning.
    5 miles in 38:11 which included 4 x 1/2 mile
    1st 3:12
    2nd 3:13
    3rd 3:20
    4th 3:45 was dying at this stage, I was running my recovery too fast but good run, average heart rate 88%.
    Still don't really know how to pace myself when doing intervals, always seem to start them too fast

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055277626&page=5
    2760836910_25ca0cb017.jpg

This is hopefully to motivate my sister in her quest for getting fit, Click the link above the picture and scroll down halfway till you see the fat me in April:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Great going Woddle, just curious how has the weight loss progressed? The pics show a great improvement. I was stuck at 192lbs for a long time I'm in around 189lbs at the moment

Cheers Ike. Im at 161lbs now and have been there for some time now, but Im not overly concerned, I blame alot of it on going to wexford throughout the summer, I eat so much crap when Im down there, I reckon if I keep running it will eventually start coming off again, but I feel more confident in myself so I suppose Ive stopped obsessing about my weight, as long as I dont put anymore on Im happy, Congrats on your 5 mile and 10k times, some solid running going on.

Jesus if i could get down to that weight I'd practically float around the road! :D would love to start Dublin weighing 182 or less. I had intended on August being a hard month in terms of training and putting in a lot of miles but that totally got turned on its head.

Best of luck in Longford looks like your chomping at the bit!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭sobriquet

That's great weight loss Woddle, fair play to you. I've sort of had a similar loss, I'm at about 165 at the moment, but it took me a lot longer than it's taken you to get it down to that. Looks like trainings' going well, best of luck in Longford.

Cheers for the feedback guys.
    6.2 miles 10K in 52:56, pace 8:31 a mile
    Nice easy run, Im getting a bit cautious now about not getting injured or sick, Just as I got into bed last night I started sneezing, so I put on an extra layer of clothing, I think Id freak out if I missed out at this late stage.
    Debating whether or not to bring the mp3 player or not, I never use one during a race but I reckon Id be bored if I dont, so we'll see

Only 6 months back in training after a 6 year absence and I'm only 6 minutes behind my 10 mile pb, Im over the moon.
    10 mile race in 75:08 pace 7:31, average speed 8 mph
    and I was delighted with my finish 1/4 of a mile to go I gave it a burst getting up to 11.3 mph according to garmin, I over took about 20 people, felt great knowing I had a little left in the tank,at mile 5 and 8 I kept telling myself slow it down your going too fast. Forget what I told racing flat, There was no way I could have done a 72,very happy with my 75.
    M1 7:16
    M2 7:11
    M3 7:25
    M4 7:35
    M5 7:42
    M6 7:29
    M7 7:27
    M8 7:50
    M9 7:50
    M10 7:23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Congrats nice one Woddle. I don't know what the weather was like down with you guys but it was sh!te up here. I was looking out the window at it thinking of you guys. It sounds like you not only had a good race but enjoyed it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭figs

Hey Woddle,

good going. impressive time. looks like you had plenty left for the finish. The hills from 7 to 9 didn't even slow you that much!

• Advertisement

Cheers man, conditions where ideal if I'm being honest, it wasnt till I cooled down and got in the car that it started to piss and absolutely enjoyed every minute of it, a nice confidence boost for next week, Just caught up with your own log, fantastic stuff, mind over matter and all that.

Weather was actually perfect during the race. Overcast, dry, cool with a slight breeze. Pissed it down just about 11:45am. Pity any one on the course at that stage.

Echo!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

congrats woddle great time ,and only back running 6 months i didnt realise that so very impressive. lovely feeling having the energy to step on the gas towards the finish.
    best of luck in national half marathon in waterford if you decide to do it ,im deff doing it as it starts about 5 minutes from my house ,happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Wow, that's great going Woodle, that's definitly fantastic what you did there :)

Well done Woddle nice consistant miles, I reckon if you'd started the first 3 around 7:40/mile who knows what would have happened :). Great to be able to maintain that pace over 10miles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

well done Woddle. Great confidence booster ahead of Longford. Take her real handy this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

Good stuff outta you Woddle, that's great running

Cheers everyone for all the supportive comments.
    I seemed to have recovered well aswell from the race there was no stiffness or soreness, so hopefully a good sign.
    Today easy 5 miles/8K in 44:14, Pace 8:53 a mile

Nice easy run again as I wind down.
    3.1 miles/5K in 26:19
    Pace 8:29

• Advertisement

Me: I was thinking
    Wife: What
    Me: well that maybe we should go away somewhere different for our annerversary.
    Wife:I thought we decided we would go to Cork for the weekend.
    Me: well you deserve better.
    Wife: Like where
    Me: How about Berlin, I here its a great city with lots of Shops
    Wife: really, that sounds brilliant, Lets do it.
    Me: theres just one thing, theres a marathon on that same weekend
    Wife: so, you'll only be gone a few hours.

Win Win, :D

I booked it all today, so it will be 3 marathons in 3 months providing all goes well.I just woke up and was flicking through the Irish runner and so sports travel advertising and just thought feck it, why not, deadline was tomorrow so just sneeked in.

Today 3.5 miles in 28:35, Pace 8:10.

Cheeky but nice! :D Berlin is is a nice and flat course. Two of the guys I run with are going over, one is hoping for 3:15. The other guy is running 8 marathons in 8 months for charity, Berlin will be his 6th :eek:

nice one! must remember to employ the "Cork" vs "Anywhere" line next time I want to go somewhere... really is no choice!!:D (only kidding boyy...)

Good luck in Longford!

Ya well done Woddle. Our anniversary is on next week but Longford doesn't have the same vibe as a european city. I kinda used the Berlin angle also.
    Ladies we love you.

Methink alot of Paddy's flying the flag that weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

Best of luck tomorrow Woddle. Nice and handy at the start, you know yourself. Enjoy it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

hi woddle, good luck tommorrow

Cheers lads, appreciate the support.
    I've been afraid of getting injured so I've done nothing over the last few days, but then today I just wanted to loosen the body up a bit, so 18 mins no idea of the distance but I felt a bit heavy but no niggles. So all systems go for tomorrow. I've decided to start off at 8:24 pace 3 hours 40 and see how I get on but as long as I go under 4 hours I'll be satisfied.Best of luck to everyone else doing it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sweater

Well Woddle the big day is nearly here.

I passed through Longford town yesterday & there were lots of signs up for the marathon. Should be a great day. Best of luck.

You've put the hard work to get to this stage so you know you'll do fine in the race.

Talk to you soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Good luck tomorrow mate.

• Advertisement

Enjoy tomorrow Woddle. Don't carb load too much tonight.

Advertisement