Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"It's what you do next that counts"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

RayCun wrote: »
    we should have opened a book :D

:D
    I've got a bit carried away with how good it's been feeling.
    Now that I'm back with Larry though I've no doubt I'll be building a base.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Woddle wrote: »
    Now that I'm back with Larry though I've no doubt I'll be building a base.

Poor aul' Larry, he is a glutten for punishment ;)

TRR wrote: »
    Poor aul' Larry, he is a glutten for punishment ;)

he did try to fob me on to you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

After seeing CLs improvement I think looking to tRR for coaching is not wise. He is obviously a chemist not a coach:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

5 miles at an easy clip.

Very proud of the little one today. 9th overall in the Dublin xc champs out of a huge field. 70 had registered for the u10 girls, don't think they all turned up but it would be close.

Race highlights with a song and not a crazy over the top dad shouting

I can SO relate :)

• Advertisement

jcsmum wrote: »
    I can SO relate :)

I saw on Raycun's log alright that you have a kid in the club. Did he race Sunday or is he this weekend.

3.5 miles nice and easy, it was all I could manage after training with the kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or an insult :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

I saw on Raycun's log alright that you have a kid in the club. Did he race Sunday or is he this weekend.

He's only 7, so he's U9 this weekend in Marlay. I won't be there to cheer him on though, but OH is a loud enough replacement!

Today
    AM - 2.15 miles at 8'30 pace
    PM - 7.40 miles at 8'27 pace, AHR 158 (79%)
    enjoyable route but windy

jcsmum wrote: »
    He's only 7, so he's U9 this weekend in Marlay. I won't be there to cheer him on though, but OH is a loud enough replacement!

I'll be there as well. I hope it's the same course as last year, very enjoyable course.

Just picked out my next race, Bhaa xc out in Santry on the 24th of this month.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Good stuff. Now no backing out of it you hear! :)

Missed my run on Thursday as I got caught up with the garden and by evening time I was just too tired and sore.
    Yesterday I was really looking forward to my run. Plan was to get out just after 5:30 (had my gear all on). I had been expecting someone and that just got delayed and delayed so I nipped out at 6:30 for a 2 miler around the house as I didn't want to miss this person. Ran the 2 miles at 6'57 pace but was fairly wrecked at the end.

10 cold miles this morning. Same route as last week but in reverse. First 4 miles at 7'40ish pace before tackling the wind tunnel from Rathfarnham/Templeogue to Firhouse, pace was about 8'50ish. The plan was to then run the last 2 a little quicker and they averaged 7'35ish.
    Really nice run but I just felt the legs and body never warmed up.
    10 mile loop stats

Then it was off to the uneven age Dublin xc champs in marlay. My legs were nackered but still managed to run the course with the kids and credit to DSD for a super evil xc course with plenty of hills.
    Emily was stepping up to u11s and ran a great race. Commentator said 90 kids for that race but I reckoned it was closer to 70. She was 4th last coming up to the first turn but somehow worked her way up to 29th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

I might be around to shout you on in that race Woddle. What time is it at as I maight be heading west the same day.

belcarra wrote: »
    I might be around to shout you on in that race Woddle. What time is it at as I maight be heading west the same day.

Best of luck yourself this weekend.

Not sure what time it's on but I'm now thinking of parkrun on the same day. Need to know where I am before the serious stuff starts.
    Weathers good = Parkrun
    Weather bad = XC :D

How you feeling about Sunday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Best of luck yourself this weekend.

Not sure what time it's on but I'm now thinking of parkrun on the same day. Need to know where I am before the serious stuff starts.
    Weathers good = Parkrun
    Weather bad = XC :D

How you feeling about Sunday?

I definitely intend doing the Parkrun in the morning although it might be a less than competitive time coming so soon after a marathon. The course is mainly on tarred path but there is a section of 200m on trail through grass so that might be enough xc for ya!:p

Optimistic about breaking 3:30 and retiring that log! The main questions are will I beat Marthastew's NYC/Dublin time and how close will I get to taking the scalp of Digger!:D

Monday
    5 miles with a bit of speed thrown in. Still on my cadence buzz and I hit a 222 spm which equated to 4'43 pace for 48.5 secs :D
    I did this another few times and the average pace was 4'54.
    Held my form really well and could feel my legs turning over really quickly. My heart rate though was going through the roof.

Tue/Wed
    A bit of cycling just stay active, my groin(old injury) was acting up, sore to walk but feels better now.

Thursday
    6 miles at 6am at a nice pace (9'15) heart rate monitor wouldn't register.

Friday
    Still yet to get out as I managed to wipe my hard drive clean of all family photos and videos plus a friends childs christening and all my films and TV series. Will aim for this evening but for now make the best of quite time.

I've managed to get 10,000 pics back so far but I've lost a lot of my running pics as it's so time consuming in trying to get stuff and I havn't even started on video yet.

Saturday
    5 miles at 8'47 pace, AHR 78%
    Lovely crisp evening for a run.

Sunday
    I had a few drinks the night before so didn't get out till after 6, lashing rain and howling wind...lovely :eek:
    Whatever way I ran I felt the wind in my face, miles 8 and 10 were by far the worst.
    10 miles at 8'08 pace, AHR 170 (85%)
    Glad it's over

That's the end of my dossing :D the structured work starts tomorrow thanks to Larry.
    Looking at my log I've only covered a meagre 832 miles for the year, so mid December should see me reach the 1000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Letyourselfgo

Berlin marathon is the target, no idea of time yet.
    I took December and January off for various reasons but am slowly getting back on track and this week should see me get up to about 50k for the week.
    Next 6 weeks will be all easy as I build a base. Hopefully keeping a log will keep me honest.

Mon - 30 mins
    Tue - easy 40 mins
    Wed - easy 40 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Berlin marathon is the target, no idea of time yet.
    I took December and January off for various reasons but am slowly getting back on track and this week should see me get up to about 50k for the week.
    Next 6 weeks will be all easy as I build a base. Hopefully keeping a log will keep me honest.

Mon - 30 mins
    Tue - easy 40 mins
    Wed - easy 40 mins

Best of luck with the come back, and Berlin. Lots of time for you to get in shape for that now, but don't take any long breaks for the summer :).

Can't afford to if I'm going to wipe the floor with you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Can't afford to if I'm going to wipe the floor with you.

No problem 3k or 2 mile on the track near the end of the summer, once your in the middle of your long run phase.

Day off yesterday.

45 mins this morning and loved every minute of it.
    Headed up Edmonstown and over Tibradden and in to Marlay. Where they have some lovely spring colour starting to appear.

Monday - drills and strides
    Wednesday - 35 mins including 4x30sec strides
    Thurs - 35 mins including 4x30sec strides
    Fri - 35 mins including 4x30sec strides
    Sun - 50 mins

Most productive week this year but still very light, roll on April

Monday - 5 miles easy with 4x30 second strides at the end
    Tuesday - 25 minutes easy, I kept putting of this run and didn't get out till after 9 so kept it handy enough.

Thursday - 30 mins
    Saturday - 5 miles at 8'30 pace.

Up nice and early for this mornings run, very cold but once out it wasn't so bad. Pace was probably a bit quick for my current level and the heart rate data backs that up (85% of max) but my friend reckoned he couldn't run any slower :D so I'll keep this partnership till once a week, for now.

Monday - 45 mins with 4x30 second strides at the end.

Thanks to meno's recommendation I got a pair of cheap pegasus from sports direct. Can't wait to get out in them later. They also threw in a free mug :D
    Going to head to marlay and attempt sth a little quicker after two weeks of fairly easy paced running.

Tue - 4 miles inc 3x1k (4:10, 4:11, 4:19)

Runners felt great but I didn't (fat and sluggish)

Finally I managed to get up and out early on a weekday.
    5 miles at 75% HR which included 3x30 second strides at the end. Felt good.

Didn't get out of bed this morning when I should have and the day just got away from me. Finally had a free 30 mins and managed to squeeze in a 3 miler at 7'50 pace.
    Pretty happy with this as I reckon I could have done another couple of miles at that pace. So I estimate my current level of fitness at about sub 40 for 5 miles which is miles from where I want to be but I don't think it'll take me too long to improve on that.

• Advertisement

This time I did manage to get up early. Nice easy 4.5 miles, legs were a little tired after last night plus it's the first time in I don't know how long that I've ran 5 straight days.

Advertisement