Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notice Period for Landlord

Options
  • 23-12-2016 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭

Hi All

My sister and her Husband and 3 kids are living abroad at the moment. They intend to return to Ireland to live in Summer 2017. They are coming home tomorrow for Christmas having not been home in 2 years. My sister is not on Boards but knows that I am and wants me to ask here for her.

My sister and her husband own their own house which has been rented out. The current Tenants are there 5 years (it will be 6 years in April 2017). They want to move back into this house to live again.

I have been reading online and I think it is 20 weeks Notice before April and 24 weeks after that.

I am also confused as to how the new Legislation affects Notice and/or them being able to re-claim their family home to live in again.

Should they just give the 20 weeks Notice now at Christmas to be on the safe side so that it will be empty before they come home next Summer ?

All advise welcome.

Comments

Advertisement