Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick City & County Council Clerical Officer Campaign

• 23-12-2016 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

HI All, I have already been offered a place from Perm CO Officer campaign but this campaign is kicking off with aptitude tests in January and I am wondering if successful which one would be best to go with?

Does anyone have experience working with Limerick Council? I know there is 27 days annual opposed to the 22 in Civil Service. Are there any other pros/cons worth considering?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Saw this - can you remember what the salary for the position was? It might not be worth moving now as I secured a permanent contract

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Yummymummy83

They are the same salaries using the same scale. Starts off just under €22k. Im not due to start in the other role until Feb so I'll definitely go along with the LCC process and see how I get on. I know they allow a shorter working year so that appeals to me.

The panel in LCC is for temp and perm so I wouldn't be bothered for anything temporary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Wellywoo

The panel in LCC is for temp and perm so I wouldn't be bothered for anything temporary.

Temp?? No way I thought it was permanent roles only :( You're lucky you got the perm job with the CO campaign, like you said go along with the process for LCC, start the job in February and if you are offered a nicer location or department within the LCC then you can always quit the other job can't you?

I assume we don't need to dress up for the aptitude tests, be similar to the ones for CO we did in Dublin won't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Have the exam for this on the 10th.

Any tips/advice appreciated. Its my first time doing an exam like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭doc11

HI All, I have already been offered a place from Perm CO Officer campaign but this campaign is kicking off with aptitude tests in January and I am wondering if successful which one would be best to go with?

Does anyone have experience working with Limerick Council? I know there is 27 days annual opposed to the 22 in Civil Service. Are there any other pros/cons worth considering?

Bad from after vetting and contract signed to walkway is it not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭rere

I can't seem to find any link for practice tests, and it looks like it will be different to the stage 2 Civil service ones.
    Does anyone know where you can practice these?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭nikkisclearout

rere wrote: »
    I can't seem to find any link for practice tests, and it looks like it will be different to the stage 2 Civil service ones.
    Does anyone know where you can practice these?

They sent a link to a practice test in the email inviting you to assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭nikkisclearout

Mc Love wrote: »
    Saw this - can you remember what the salary for the position was? It might not be worth moving now as I secured a permanent contract

According to the job advert its between €21,893 and €37,339 with annual performance based increases.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

hi all i applied for this and got my notification it was recieved but herd noting about stage 2 should i contact them? thanks

tiny14 wrote: »
    hi all i applied for this and got my notification it was recieved but herd noting about stage 2 should i contact them? thanks

If you haven't received an email with practice tests and your date and time to do the aptitude tests by now, you should ring them.

• Advertisement

Wellywoo wrote: »
    If you haven't received an email with practice tests and your date and time to do the aptitude tests by now, you should ring them.
    hi thanks for replying but rang them and i put .in in my email address instead of .ie so thats me out was told they are very strict & she cant see them giving me a date or time over that!! im so annoyed with myself!! best of luck to all 😊

hi thanks for replying but rang them and i put .in in my email address instead of .ie so thats me out was told they are very strict & she cant see them giving me a date or time over that!! im so annoyed with myself!! best of luck to all 😊

Omg that's terrible, thats very strict.

Omg that's terrible, thats very strict.

its very strict but as it was my own fault theres noting i can do but im just mad at myself for not checking earlier!!! best of luck to you & hope it goes well for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭doc11

its very strict but as it was my own fault theres noting i can do but im just mad at myself for not checking earlier!!! best of luck to you & hope it goes well for you

would you not chance contacting a manager/councilor/td they might change there minds for the less hassle. Gotta be a little proactive

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Treatycat

I was told 4,500 applied for these jobs and 90 are being interviewed based on scores in aptitude test. Does anyone know how many jobs are on offer?

Had my exam today. Happy enough with it. Go to number 30 on the clerical checking. Happy with the maths and think I did ok at the verbal

doc11 wrote: »
    would you not chance contacting a manager/councilor/td they might change there minds for the less hassle. Gotta be a little proactive
    it was the head lady in hr & she said that its an outside company & he was very strict!! i take it that she had been on to him regarding problems other people had & being honest going by her there isnt a hope!!! just so annoyed over a simple mistake i made myself but thanks a mill for suggesting that to me

Had my exam today. Happy enough with it. Go to number 30 on the clerical checking. Happy with the maths and think I did ok at the verbal
    Sounds like you did well - how long was each section

Treatycat wrote: »
    Sounds like you did well - how long was each section

Verbal was 40 questions in 18 minutes.
    Maths was 24 questions in 15 minutes.
    Clerical checking was 40 in 7 minutes

Verbal was 40 questions in 18 minutes.
    Maths was 24 questions in 15 minutes.
    Clerical checking was 40 in 7 minutes
    Thanks best of luck

• Advertisement

Treatycat wrote: »
    I was told 4,500 applied for these jobs and 90 are being interviewed based on scores in aptitude test. Does anyone know how many jobs are on offer?

I actually heard only 3000 applied and that was for the 3 counties. Do you know somebody in one of the councils, were they guessing or is it fact? Feel very disheartened now. :(

I actually heard only 3000 applied and that was for the 3 counties. Do you know somebody in one of the councils, were they guessing or is it fact? Feel very disheartened now. :(
    I was talking to someone working in the council and he said 4,500 applied now seemed quite sure but i cant be certain I have no idea how many areas I presumed it was just Limerick but not sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭rere

From what was said before the test, I thought 4500 applied and 4000 would actually sit the exams. That's the number for all 3 councils and limerick we're looking for under 100 people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I asked the gent who was running the tests and he said about 4,000 were to sit the tests but at our test there was about 20 missing from the 100 who should have been sitting the test. Was there people missing from every test? I don't know where the jobs are, which county and where in the county. I'll wait the 3 weeks and see how I got on in the tests. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Tipp star

On the briefing document, it states that the top 90 from each local authority will be invited for an interview. I sat the test on Thursday, and I was surprised by the large number of us sitting the tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 pink15

Hi

Did anyone hear back yet? I sat my exam on the 3rd of January so many there felt very disheartened.

Did mine on the 10th.

Think he said it would be 3 weeks from the 13th.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jewels0606

Did mine on the 10th.

Think he said it would be 3 weeks from the 13th.

he told us 3 weeks from the 4th
    I was just checking on here to see f anyone got theirs
    The last day of assessments was the 14th jan wasn't it?

jewels0606 wrote: »
    he told us 3 weeks from the 4th
    I was just checking on here to see f anyone got theirs
    The last day of assessments was the 14th jan wasn't it?

I had mine on the 10th January and the guy told our group they were doing more assessments the week after so I would guess they finished last Friday the 20th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jewels0606

I had mine on the 10th January and the guy told our group they were doing more assessments the week after so I would guess they finished last Friday the 20th.

he said similar to us which was why I assumed the last day of assessments was the 14th
    seems like he told everyone the same :-) or similar
    oh well all we can do is wait
    are any of ye n the other clerical campaign, if so any joy there for ye

Advertisement