Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick City & County Council Clerical Officer Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Bannergal wrote: »
    Have my interview this afternoon & never got around to doing any research so I'm feeling sick about it- should I cancel?
    If you have 20 years work experience will you still be offered the basic salary of €21k???
    just checking to see if you did interview. With regards to salary, if you have experience in public sector, then you will not start at bottom of scale but if you have worked in private sector, then you will start at first point of scale i.e 21,000 approx.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Bannergal

august12 wrote: »
    just checking to see if you did interview. With regards to salary, if you have experience in public sector, then you will not start at bottom of scale but if you have worked in private sector, then you will start at first point of scale i.e 21,000 approx.

I'm sorry to all but I didn't go
    I thought about it all morning & I can't afford to take over a €10k drop in wages & have an extra 40 minute drive each way
    I really didn't think they would start a person on such low wages

Thank you to all for your encouragement

I thought about it all morning & I can't afford to take over a €10k drop in wages & have an extra 40 minute drive each way

you made the correct decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jewels0606

I can't say I blame you

Out of curiosity has anyone else on here had an interview and how did they feel it went

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 jurate

jewels0606 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity has anyone else on here had an interview and how did they feel it went

My one is today. I am so nervous! I really want to get the job. Fingers crossed:)

jurate wrote: »
    My one is today. I am so nervous! I really want to get the job. Fingers crossed:)

Best of luck
    Let us know how u got on

Best of luck

It went very bad. Very disappointed with my answers. :(((

• Registered Users Posts: 40 IrishEyes147

Sorry to hear you feel it went badly

Why do you think it went so badly? Did they ask anything you weren't expecting?

I always find it very hard to tell. They usually don't give much away.

You really never know! Don't beat yourself up bout it! It may have gone a lot better than you thought :)

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear that
    I was full sure my first limerick interview went awful as well as they asked me how many employees & I said 5,000 & there is only about 1,200 & I got called back

Sorry to hear you feel it went badly

Why do you think it went so badly? Did they ask anything you weren't expecting?

I always find it very hard to tell. They usually don't give much away.

You really never know! Don't beat yourself up bout it! It may have gone a lot better than you thought :)

Thanks, but it was really very badly. They kept asking until I say "I don't know". Environment section, LPT, tourism, needs of tourism, retail, local Enterprise office (how was it called before), direct benefits to council from the big companies entering Limerick, what type of licence council sells to business and lots of more, grants from central government....they even asked me is Dell still in Limerick and what does it give to the city....not even one simple question about the number of councillors or districts....I felt that I am doing interview for politician career rather than clerical officer job. Not even one question about customer service, organisation skills or clerical officer duties.... I was so disappointed...

Thanks, but it was really very badly. They kept asking until I say "I don't know". Environment section, LPT, tourism, needs of tourism, retail, local Enterprise office (how was it called before), direct benefits to council from the big companies entering Limerick, what type of licence council sells to business and lots of more, grants from central government....they even asked me is Dell still in Limerick and what does it give to the city....not even one simple question about the number of councillors or districts....I felt that I am doing interview for politician career rather than clerical officer job. Not even one question about customer service, organisation skills or clerical officer duties.... I was so disappointed...

Poor thing, chin up as at least you had the guts to say I don't know- that is a great characteristic in a person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

that is dreadful, sometimes these interview boards haven't a clue how to conduct an interview relevant to the position being filled, try and look on the positive, you might just escape the institution that is the public sector. You may not have a gold plated pension and job security in private sector but at least you will have job satisfaction hopefully and the ability to think for yourself and make decisions.

I think it's SO unfair to be asked those questions for a clerical officer Position. I have my clare interview next week and if they go down that line of questioning I'll be really disappointed. I expect to be thrown a few curve balls like most interviews but not to that extent. Keep your head up and be proud of yourself for gettin this far! You never know what's around the corner....

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MfromTipp

Today is the last day to confirm attendance for Tipp interviews. Just checked my Junk folder and there was an mail there saying my email of last week to tippcoco couldn't be delivered as their system doesn't accept emails from my email system (Outlook!!!). Can't ring today as it's good friday. Worth checking if any of you have confirmed by email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

MfromTipp wrote: »
    Today is the last day to confirm attendance for Tipp interviews. Just checked my Junk folder and there was an mail there saying my email of last week to tippcoco couldn't be delivered as their system doesn't accept emails from my email system (Outlook!!!). Can't ring today as it's good friday. Worth checking if any of you have confirmed by email.
    What a joke!
    Did you email them from another /someone else's address?

To thine own self be true

What a joke!
    Did you email them from another /someone else's address?

Yeah I did. I also managed to get a direct line number for one of the girls mentioned in the letter and left a voicemail. It's so bad that because I sent it to the correct address, I didn't get an immediate warning that something was wrong. Only after it tried ten times did it let me know. And even then I was lucky to check the junk!

And Tippcoco email system now not accepting gmail emails.... They really shouldn't be giving email as the first option to confirm for their interviews if their system is refusing to let through outlook and gmail emails. Luckily I also left a voicemail on deadline day - which was Good Friday - when they were closed! Could do without the uncertainty though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

MfromTipp wrote: »
    And Tippcoco email system now not accepting gmail emails.... They really shouldn't be giving email as the first option to confirm for their interviews if their system is refusing to let through outlook and gmail emails. Luckily I also left a voicemail on deadline day - which was Good Friday - when they were closed! Could do without the uncertainty though.

I only noticed the spam email on Friday after you had pointed it out.

I'll be ringing them first thing in the morning. Hopefully they'll accept the call considering its their system at fault.

I only noticed the spam email on Friday after you had pointed it out.

I'll be ringing them first thing in the morning. Hopefully they'll accept the call considering its their system at fault.

you too? I was wondering if I was the only one. I can't imagine they'll exclude us. They're spending enough on this recruitment campaign so it isn't in their interest to lose candidates for this reason. Fingers crossed!

Oh good golly folks
    Has anyone else a Clare interview this week
    I've had the limerick one and I think I may have failed that but.....trying to read through the Clare 2017-23 plan is torture!
    No condensed chapter in lay persons language with straight forward figures! Also no 2017 budget??????
    Or am I going bonkers
    I thought I'd lost the will to live on limerick prep but Clare is so much harder!!!
    Any suggestions????

Oh good golly folks
    I've had the limerick one and I think I may have failed that but.....trying to read through the Clare 2017-23 plan is torture!
    No condensed chapter in lay persons language with straight forward figures! Also no 2017 budget??????
    Or am I going bonkers
    I thought I'd lost the will to live on limerick prep but Clare is so much harder!!!
    Any suggestions????

I have my Clare interview on Thursday. To say i am stressed about it would be a massive understatement!

Like i said before all the information on their website just goes over my head and I don't really understand it.

Theres just too much information out there and its impossible to take it all in. Its frustrating because i have loads of office experience but I feel like my lack of knowledge on local government is going to hold me back.

Oh good golly folks
    Or am I going bonkers
    Any suggestions????

also,

I found this website that gives the budget for every county council and the breakdown of how they spend it:

http://localauthorityfinances.com/spending/3/

Hope this helps

also,

I found this website that gives the budget for every county council and the breakdown of how they spend it:

http://localauthorityfinances.com/spending/3/

Hope this helps

Thank you
    I've started googling Clare county council plans etc and reading Clare champion articles
    It's giving more info than that big 385 page plan they have that seems to go around in circles on their site!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mbquinn

I did the Clare one. It was approx 20 mins long. The local government questions were as you'd expect; how does the council work, what services do they supply and current issues. There were no curve balls. I wouldn't stress out about it. It was very fair and the interviewers were lovely.

mbquinn wrote: »
    I did the Clare one. It was approx 20 mins long. The local government questions were as you'd expect; how does the council work, what services do they supply and current issues. There were no curve balls. I wouldn't stress out about it. It was very fair and the interviewers were lovely.

Thanks for letting us know that, puts my mind at ease a bit. I think im making it out to be worse in my head than it actually will be!

What kind of current issues did they ask about if you dont mind me asking? I will be eternally grateful for any tips & guidance :p

Anyone have any idea how long till limerick results come out
    They said after Easter but hoping possibly end of this week however more thank likely next week???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭redmarie

Anyone have any idea how long till limerick results come out
    They said after Easter but hoping possibly end of this week however more thank likely next week???

Think some results are out. Know someone who got told last Thursday evening that theyre on the panel

Advertisement