Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick City & County Council Clerical Officer Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jewels0606

redmarie wrote: »
    Think some results are out. Know someone who got told last Thursday evening that theyre on the panel

Really by what means
    Email, phone call etc
    Thought they were still interviewing last Thursday
    Not looking good for me then

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭redmarie

jewels0606 wrote: »
    Really by what means
    Email, phone call etc
    Thought they were still interviewing last Thursday
    Not looking good for me then

By email i think. Ya apparently they interviewed people thurs morning and this person got told thursday evening theyd made the panel! They would of sat interview wednesday of previous week. Seems strange alrite theyd be ready that fast to tell people if they were on the panel!

By email i think. Ya apparently they interviewed people thurs morning and this person got told thursday evening theyd made the panel! They would of sat interview wednesday of previous week. Seems strange alrite theyd be ready that fast to tell people if they were on the panel!
    I might contact them
    I had interview previous week also on the Thursday morning
    Has anyone else heard???

I rang them
    They are in the process of sending out the results
    I passed wahoo
    39 on the panel

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ilovethistles

I rang them
    I passed wahoo
    39 on the panel

Well done!! Did they say when they would be out? I'm tempted to ring...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 IrishEyes147

I rang them
    I passed wahoo
    39 on the panel

That's brilliant news! Well done!!

Well done!! Did they say when they would be out? I'm tempted to ring...

I just got an email, I'm horrified I didn't pass! I can't believe it, as it was the knowledge of local government I failed on... I felt I had a good/excellent knowledge apart from when they asked me to the describe the steps from beginning to end of receiving a budget in September to build houses to when the build was complete and all the money had to be spent by the end of the year!?! WTF!?!

Congrats to all who got through... im gonna have to study harder for the Tipp one next week. To say I'm ****ting it now, is an understatement!

Thanks for letting us know that, puts my mind at ease a bit. I think im making it out to be worse in my head than it actually will be!

What kind of current issues did they ask about if you dont mind me asking? I will be eternally grateful for any tips & guidance :p

Interview was miles easier than limerick one
    Lovely folk
    Don't worry about it genuinely
    My advice is look up local articles on newspapers
    Lots of questions about limerick for me cos I live in limerick

Interview was miles easier than limerick one
    Lovely folk
    Don't worry about it genuinely
    My advice is look up local articles on newspapers
    Lots of questions about limerick for me cos I live in limerick

Thanks very much for the advice. It's very much appreciated. I'm just getting in the car now to go for mine. Hope it goes ok. When I get nervous I go blank sometimes. I just want to give it my best shot and whatever happens, happens then.

My mother is lighting a candle for me so I'm sure I'll be grand :)

Thanks very much for the advice. It's very much appreciated. I'm just getting in the car now to go for mine. Hope it goes ok. When I get nervous I go blank sometimes. I just want to give it my best shot and whatever happens, happens then.

My mother is lighting a candle for me so I'm sure I'll be grand :)

Let us know how it goes 😊

• Advertisement

Disappointed with mine.

The interviewers were lovely but honestly I don't know what some of those questions have to do with being a clerical officer.

Struggled with a lot of the local government questions like I expected.

It's out of my hands now anyway.

Disappointed with mine.

The interviewers were lovely but honestly I don't know what some of those questions have to do with being a clerical officer.

Struggled with a lot of the local government questions like I expected.

It's out of my hands now anyway.

Hopefully it's not as bad as you think

Hopefully it's not as bad as you think

That's true. You never really know.

But those local government questions I made a balls of! Ugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jurate

47th on the panel. OMG🙈🙉🙊I can't believe!!! Ok, now what are the chances I will actually get a job?

Wonder if someone would be able to help!
    Im sitting here with my friend going through tipp cocos website. She has interview next week. But we are struggling to find anything about 2017 budgets or upcoming projects etc. Whereas limerick and clare cocos website there is loads of info! My friend is really stressing now about the interview and has been out of workforce for sum time. Any one else the same issue with finding stuff abt tipp or could point us in right direction please.

That's true. You never really know.

But those local government questions I made a balls of! Ugh!

Were the local gov qs really tough can i ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MfromTipp

Im sitting here with my friend going through tipp cocos website. She has interview next week. But we are struggling to find anything about 2017 budgets or upcoming projects etc. Whereas limerick and clare cocos website there is loads of info! My friend is really stressing now about the interview and has been out of workforce for sum time. Any one else the same issue with finding stuff abt tipp or could point us in right direction please.

I was just going to post the same question!! 2016 budget is all that's there. Hope the interviewers know that!

MfromTipp wrote: »
    I was just going to post the same question!! 2016 budget is all that's there. Hope the interviewers know that!

Glad were not the only ones! My friend is all upset because she cant find much info at all,

I've been to both limerick and Clare and both were different
    My advice is read the website
    Know the different depts (was asked in both)
    Know the municipals and how many councillors in each and the total councillors
    Know where the council gets money from for e.g. Some is grants from the govt, council keeps 80% of lpt (20% goes to the govt to distribute amongst councils with low income from lot), planning dept, motor tax etc
    Know the plans (if u can't find it google it)
    There are plans every 6 yrs I think it is, it could be mid cycle so find the latest one)
    Budget will be mentioned in some way
    I was asked for figures in limerick of yr budget and the highest income (HAP for lim) and etc
    In Clare I was also asked about limerick so if u go to interview in tipp and u live in limerick know both! They may ask u about your own council
    If they ask a question rattle as much info as u can for e.g. If they ask how many councillors give the numb and breakdown and mention the different areas so your showing how much u know and taking up time that may go in your fav compared to unfavourable questions
    Does that make sense?
    I regret not practicing saying it aloud
    It'll flow better
    U may have it wrapped up in a ribbon in your brain but with me it can come out disjointed I forget words etc
    If anyone is really freaking and wants me to ring them
    Pm your numb and I shall try
    Don't panic
    I was 100% sure I'd failed limerick but I passed and Clare I genuinely feel confident about
    Know the cathairloch and the role
    Know reserved functions
    Know the chief exec and basically himself and his staff implement the reserved functions etc
    Um trying to think what else

Glad were not the only ones! My friend is all upset because she cant find much info at all,

I also googled Clare council in shannon or Ennis etc or flooding and read recent newspaper articles that came up for the searches
    Both interviews they asked something from radio or paper that was recent enough

• Advertisement

here is a link to info about the 2017 budget for tipp and how they allocate the money:

http://localauthorityfinances.com/spending/26/

Best of luck to your friend

Thank you both so much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

I rang them
    I passed wahoo
    39 on the panel
    did they give any indication of how long the panel will last. I think there are quite a number of positions to be filled, possibly 20+ immediate vacancies.

august12 wrote: »
    did they give any indication of how long the panel will last. I think there are quite a number of positions to be filled, possibly 20+ immediate vacancies.

12 months from April
    Girl at my interview in the office said 30 jobs waiting to be filled that the temps are covering at present

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

12 months from April
    Girl at my interview in the office said 30 jobs waiting to be filled that the temps are covering at present

You've a very good chance of getting one so, especially as some people are going for all 3 counties and may move from one LA to another if lucky enough to get placed on more than one panel.

august12 wrote: »
    You've a very good chance of getting one so, especially as some people are going for all 3 counties and may move from one LA to another if lucky enough to get placed on more than one panel.

I hope so!!!
    I guess it depends how many spots come up quickly between the 3 counties

has anyone in the higher numbers of the limerick council panel been contacted about starting?
    I am desperate to get out of current job!!!!
    but I am 39 so not much hope anytime soon I think
    civil service is dragging for everyone outside of dublin!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

anyone do their interview in Tipp yet?

Also, where would one find information on current local government issues?

• Advertisement

Hi everyone, I'm currently studying for Tipp interview on Friday and I'm really freaking.... I didn't pass the LCC one by 5 marks in the local government section and really can't afford to allow that to happen again...
    There is a huge amount of information to know, and the chance you could be asked anything is what's frustrating me... I'm terrified I'll be asked the one thing I overlook... Has anyone any advice for me at all? Sorry for the rant, but getting desperate :( TIA :(

Advertisement