Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick City & County Council Clerical Officer Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jewels0606

Hi everyone, I'm currently studying for Tipp interview on Friday and I'm really freaking.... I didn't pass the LCC one by 5 marks in the local government section and really can't afford to allow that to happen again...
    There is a huge amount of information to know, and the chance you could be asked anything is what's frustrating me... I'm terrified I'll be asked the one thing I overlook... Has anyone any advice for me at all? Sorry for the rant, but getting desperate :( TIA :(

If you're not from tipp they may just quiz u on your own council
    Like the Clare interview focused on limerick council as I am living in limerick

Flooding and housing are big enough in most counties I think if they ask about local issues
    https://www.housingagency.ie/About-Us/Contact-Us/Find-My-Local-Authority/South-Tipperary-County-Council

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ilovethistles

Thanks Jewels, I am from Tipp and Limerick asked me very specific questions about Limerick 2030 & also cultural issues/events in the city. It was a tough Interview because I felt like I had done my research and was confident enough going in.
    I suppose I can only do my best and pray that Lady Luck is in my favour!
    Thanks for your suggestions on flooding and housing, I appreciate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Hi everyone, I'm currently studying for Tipp interview on Friday and I'm really freaking.... I didn't pass the LCC one by 5 marks in the local government section and really can't afford to allow that to happen again...
    There is a huge amount of information to know, and the chance you could be asked anything is what's frustrating me... I'm terrified I'll be asked the one thing I overlook... Has anyone any advice for me at all? Sorry for the rant, but getting desperate :( TIA :(
    Log onto tipperarycoco.ie site, enter reports in the find box and view the most recent annual report which is 2015 I think. this is the best document to give you an idea of what the council does. Also click the finance link to see the budget. If you have a fair grasp of these two reports, then that should be all you need to study. Do not get bogged down in anything else. There is no need. These two documents cover everything.

Thanks Jewels, I am from Tipp and Limerick asked me very specific questions about Limerick 2030 & also cultural issues/events in the city. It was a tough Interview because I felt like I had done my research and was confident enough going in.
    I suppose I can only do my best and pray that Lady Luck is in my favour!
    Thanks for your suggestions on flooding and housing, I appreciate it.
    Best of luck
    After the experience of the first then that should stand to you as you have more of an idea of what's coming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 mbquinn

Have a quick squint at the monthly management reports and if you've time the adopted minutes of TCC meetings. It gives an idea of current issues.
    Best of luck with the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Bannergal

How did every one find the Clare Interviews?

Does anyone know if there was 2 interview boards as I had the same lady as my first interview?

Bannergal wrote: »
    How did every one find the Clare Interviews?

Does anyone know if there was 2 interview boards as I had the same lady as my first interview?

The lady was different for me but the guy was the same on both interviews
    I felt happy after it tho
    So fingers x'd
    Did they give anyone any indication on when we'd get results and if they had many positions available

Letter came with Clare results
    I passed
    Numb 52 on the panel
    Delighted I passed but slightly puzzled as I got 75/150 for local govt yet there was only 1 question I couldn't answer
    I found it went better than limerick but I scored 100/150 for local govt there and couldn't answer a couple of questions
    Odd!!! But I am on the panel thank god
    Best of luck folks

• Registered Users Posts: 40 IrishEyes147

I don't actually believe it.....I made the panel for Clare!!!!

So didn't think the interview had gone well as there were a few local government questions I couldn't answer!

I am so shocked!!!

• Advertisement

I don't actually believe it.....I made the panel for Clare!!!!

So didn't think the interview had gone well as there were a few local government questions I couldn't answer!

I am so shocked!!!
    Well done
    I'm thrilled for you 😊

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and advice yesterday .

Interview done this morning , now to wait patiently!!

Fingers crossed 🀞ðŸ»

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jurate

Hi,

Just wondering does anyone got a phone call from limerick yet to start the job? What are the chances to actually get a job of you are at the bottom of the panel?
    Thanks

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and advice yesterday .

Interview done this morning , now to wait patiently!!

Fingers crossed 🀞ðŸ»

How'd it go 😊

jewels0606 wrote: »
    How'd it go 😊

Ah sure who knows... I hope ok.. I hope I gave them enough of what they were looking for.

Trying not to think about it too much. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭redmarie

Any advice from any1 who has sat Tipp interview? Was there a lot of local gov issues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

jurate wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering does anyone got a phone call from limerick yet to start the job? What are the chances to actually get a job of you are at the bottom of the panel?
    Thanks
    that depends on how many are on the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lar29

Hi,

Thanks

Had a call Wednesday from Limerick to offer a full time job. No 19 on panel. Have to let them know Tuesday if I'm accepting, they knew I had Clare aswell so said to see if Clare had an offer and decide what was best for myself.

redmarie wrote: »
    Any advice from any1 who has sat Tipp interview? Was there a lot of local gov issues?[/quote

Yeah I was asked a good bit about local government issues, so try to have few examples also general council knowledge. Finance and know your CV well. The interviewers were really nice. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jurate

Lar29 wrote: »
    Had a call Wednesday from Limerick to offer a full time job. No 19 on panel. Have to let them know Tuesday if I'm accepting, they knew I had Clare aswell so said to see if Clare had an offer and decide what was best for myself.

Great! Congratulations! I am no 47 on the panel. I don't think I will get a phone call any time soon:) are u don't mind me asking is it a temporary or permanent position they offered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 IrishEyes147

Well done
    I'm thrilled for you 😊

Thanks very much! I am still in shock! Just goes to show you never really know how the interview goes!

I might be waiting a while to hear anything but i am just so happy to be on it!

I assume Limerick would be your first choice as you're from there?

Great! Congratulations! I am no 47 on the panel. I don't think I will get a phone call any time soon:) are u don't mind me asking is it a temporary or permanent position they offered?

She didn't say and I was driving at time so she just so she just said she'd talk to me in more detail Tuesday so we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Halcon

Hey guys had my interview for clare on monday, got a letter saying im on the panel no 33though was wondering if anyone else in same position?
    does anyone know how many positions are been filled or how many are on the panel in total? Btw thanks everyone read the thread before my interview it really helped me so i appreciate it ðŸ‘

Thanks very much! I am still in shock! Just goes to show you never really know how the interview goes!

I might be waiting a while to hear anything but i am just so happy to be on it!

I assume Limerick would be your first choice as you're from there?

Personally I would jump at the first offer from either as I am so desperate to get out of my current job which I hate!
    I'm 39 on limerick 52 Clare
    I know the lady in the office said 30 jobs nearly ready to go for limerick but I've no info on the Clare situation

Halcon wrote: »
    Hey guys had my interview for clare on monday, got a letter saying im on the panel no 33though was wondering if anyone else in same position?
    does anyone know how many positions are been filled or how many are on the panel in total? Btw thanks everyone read the thread before my interview it really helped me so i appreciate it ðŸ‘

I am no 20 on Clare panel, I rang them this morning after receiving the letter as I have a job offer in Limerick to see if they thought there would be positions coming up or if they were making offers. She just said that they were still Finalising things at their end and would be phoning people this evening.

Ah sure who knows... I hope ok.. I hope I gave them enough of what they were looking for.

Trying not to think about it too much. :(

You won't be waiting long
    Best of luck
    I'm sure it'll be fine 😊

I tried calling HR in LCC to see how far on the list they are with job offers but the lady is out of the office till 8th of may

Personally I would jump at the first offer from either as I am so desperate to get out of my current job which I hate!
    I'm 39 on limerick 52 Clare
    I know the lady in the office said 30 jobs nearly ready to go for limerick but I've no info on the Clare situation

Limerick seem to call or email clare only send letters, got to the final interview with limerick too but i cancelled it as i got the clare one. Hope i didnt make a mistake either way fingers crossed now and well done every one cause those assessments, forms and interviews are no easy tasks

Lar29 wrote: »
    I am no 20 on Clare panel, I rang them this morning after receiving the letter as I have a job offer in Limerick to see if they thought there would be positions coming up or if they were making offers. She just said that they were still Finalising things at their end and would be phoning people this evening.
    Thanks for the update let us know how you get on!

• Advertisement

Any updates anyone 😊
    Good luck to all who accept the positions

Advertisement