Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick City & County Council Clerical Officer Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jewels0606

anyone have any updates? :-)
    any good news......

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jurate

Hi,

No news from me anyway. I am 47th on the panel...:((

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

Haven't heard a thing from Tipp yet. I was told it would take a while as they are currently interviewing for General Operatives so HR are mad busy with those.

jurate wrote: »
    Hi,

No news from me anyway. I am 47th on the panel...:((

They're probably not too far away from your place tbh

jewels0606 wrote: »
    They're probably not too far away from your place tbh

I hope you are right. I am unemployed and my husband is about to be redundant in a few weeks :( it would be handy to get a job offer now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 IrishEyes147

It's tough playing the waiting game.

I am in the late 30's for Clare and there doesn't seem to be much movement on the panel at the moment.

Starting to think i might have to start looking elsewhere for work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ilovethistles

It's tough playing the waiting game.

I am in the late 30's for Clare and there doesn't seem to be much movement on the panel at the moment.

Starting to think i might have to start looking elsewhere for work :(

I'm starting to think like that too... 30's for Tipp and apparently they have only placed no. 1 so far. God only knows how long or even if they will ever reach my number. Very hard to stay positive when you've come so far and desperate for a position.

Nonetheless I will remain hopeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

I think the reason Tipp is so slow is due to the fact they havnt upgraded staff to more senior positions whereas Limerick has completed this. A large number of clerical staff have been promoted to next level and this has created a large number of vacant clerical positions, this should be the case in Clare as well but not in Tipp.

august12 wrote: »
    I think the reason Tipp is so slow is due to the fact they havnt upgraded staff to more senior positions whereas Limerick has completed this. A large number of clerical staff have been promoted to next level and this has created a large number of vacant clerical positions, this should be the case in Clare as well but not in Tipp.

Do you think they intend to do this in Tipp?

Do you think they intend to do this in Tipp?

Yes, possibly in June/July. There should be quite a number of clerical vacancies once this process is complete. Can't understand why there aren't more clerical appointments in Clare as they completed this process last year I think and upgraded a significant number of staff.

• Advertisement

I'm starting to think like that too... 30's for Tipp and apparently they have only placed no. 1 so far. God only knows how long or even if they will ever reach my number. Very hard to stay positive when you've come so far and desperate for a position.

Hi, did you speak to HR that you know they have places one so far?

Hi, did you speak to HR that you know they have places one so far?

Yeah, I rang them and that's what they said.

Yeah, I rang them and that's what they said.

Do you mind me asking when was that?

Delighted to see the ball is rolling at least.

Do you mind me asking when was that?

Delighted to see the ball is rolling at least.

Last Friday... the lady suggested to ring back in a month that there may be much more movement by then... it was all very vague, I suppose we just have to wait and see. :)

I'm sure HR wouldn't mind a phone call or an email to ask where they are the panels
    I did it myself and found them very helpful
    I've been on some sort of journey on so many different panels throughout the last 12 months and thought I would never get there, or that it would never be my turn, that I'd be spending so many years repeating the processes (which can be draining when you're applying for every single one 😊) but you will get there and the positive of the wait is that you appreciate it sooo much more. It feels amazing and I genuinely hope it happens sooner rather than later for ye.
    But it will happen, ye made the panel out of 1000's
    Best of luck

Hi,

I just emailed HR in Limerick and they emailed back that they are on number 44. I am 47th!!!!! Fingers crossed :)))))))

I've tried numerous times in the past week to contact HR in Tipperary. The contact given never seems to be there and no one else in HR picks up. I've left my number to be called back and have never heard a thing. Beginning to get frustrated with the whole thing now.

jurate wrote:
    I just emailed HR in Limerick and they emailed back that they are on number 44. I am 47th!!!!! Fingers crossed ))))))

That is wonderful, as I said Limerick panel is progressing so well because internal staff promotions have already taken place, Tipperary hasn't even advertised for the next level of upgrades hence no immediate vacancies for new clerical panel. It seems like anyone on this panel will have to have patience.

Anyone on here have an update on the Clare panel :( ??

Hi,

Finally it's my turn!!! I got a phone call from Limericks HR with the permanent job offer:) yey!

What do they do on medical check? Anyone started working already? How does it go?

• Advertisement

Hi,

Finally it's my turn!!! I got a phone call from Limericks HR with the permanent job offer:) yey!

What do they do on medical check? Anyone started working already? How does it go?

Medical check is basic and straightforward
    I was nervous on some of the questions but answered honestly and it was all fine, council doesn't get the details just the cert to say you passed
    Takes a few weeks tho all in all
    I've not started yet but I have a start date for a week
    Well done 😊

Medical check is basic and straightforward
    I was nervous on some of the questions but answered honestly and it was all fine, council doesn't get the details just the cert to say you passed
    Takes a few weeks tho all in all
    I've not started yet but I have a start date for a week
    Well done 😊

Do you go to your own GP for the medical? Or do they send you to a particular GP of theirs?

Do you go to your own GP for the medical? Or do they send you to a particular GP of theirs?

It's a company that does it
    U can google the type of questionnaire they'll give u

• Registered Users Posts: 14 eljerro

This is great to know, I'm 27 on Tipp panel and had emailed a couple of times with no reply, I didn't want to ring incase I got on there nerves :) I was aware of the GO recruitment so hopefully that's what's holding the process up

Be great to hear from them soon

eljerro wrote: »
    This is great to know, I'm 27 on Tipp panel and had emailed a couple of times with no reply, I didn't want to ring incase I got on there nerves :) I was aware of the GO recruitment so hopefully that's what's holding the process up

Be great to hear from them soon

I know a few people on the Tipperary panel (myself included) who are getting frustrated with the lack of information. Its approx 6 weeks and no word. I've rang (along with others) and have been told numerous times that I would get a call back which never came.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 eljerro

I know a few people on the Tipperary panel (myself included) who are getting frustrated with the lack of information. Its approx 6 weeks and no word. I've rang (along with others) and have been told numerous times that I would get a call back which never came.

It's pretty poor I have to agree with you

Hi guys,

I got my medical examination appointment and I am really nervous. Could anyone tell what to expect please? Do they contact your gp if they want to find out more? I have been to hospital few times last year (nothing serious), but just wondering do they check these things?

Thanks

And how long does it take?

And how long does it take?

I was in there an hour but actual exam took minutes (only basics as it's a desk job)
    Answer questions truthfully ( I was quite worried)
    It's all confidential and all the council gets is a very saying you're fit for work
    I was a little worried tho
    I'd had to see lots of docs the last year but it's not affecting work so all good
    The doc told me she's sending the cert saying I'm fit
    Nurse had never actually seen anybody fail either for a desk job!
    So no panic!
    She'll tell u

• Advertisement

I was in there an hour but actual exam took minutes (only basics as it's a desk job)
    Answer questions truthfully ( I was quite worried)
    It's all confidential and all the council gets is a very saying you're fit for work
    I was a little worried tho
    I'd had to see lots of docs the last year but it's not affecting work so all good
    The doc told me she's sending the cert saying I'm fit
    Nurse had never actually seen anybody fail either for a desk job!
    So no panic!
    She'll tell u

Thanks! Fingers crossed!
    When are u starting? Do u know what department you are in?

Advertisement