Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick City & County Council Clerical Officer Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 IrishEyes147

I just received an email from LIMERICK County Council asking me to complete an application form for the Clerical Officer competition.

They are inviting the next 50 candidates to complete the form. I scored just outside of the top 100 in the aptitude test for Limerick so I wasn't expecting this at all!

The Limerick panel must be moving very fast if they are looking for more candidates already!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jurate

I just received an email from LIMERICK County Council asking me to complete an application form for the Clerical Officer competition.

They are inviting the next 50 candidates to complete the form. I scored just outside of the top 100 in the aptitude test for Limerick so I wasn't expecting this at all!

The Limerick panel must be moving very fast if they are looking for more candidates already!

That's great new! Congrats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

There's been some movement on the Tipperary panel also.

I know someone who was in the mid to high single figures on the panel and got a call today offering a position.

Great to see something happening as it had been the slowest to move so far.

There's been some movement on the Tipperary panel also.

I know someone who was in the mid to high single figures on the panel and got a call today offering a position.

Great to see something happening as it had been the slowest to move so far.

That's great news about the Tipp panel. Fingers crossed it will pick up some momentum now.

I've kind of given up on the Clare panel. Apparently they have offered permanent positions to numbers 1 to 12 on the panel and temporary positions to numbers 13 to 19.

It would be frustrating to go through the whole process and not get offered a permanent contract! But maybe that's just me......

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Bannergal

Anyone that has started - is the take home pay just around €400 after tax etc?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Bannergal wrote: »
    Anyone that has started - is the take home pay just around €400 after tax etc?

Thanks

I haven't started yet but yes, should be around 400€ depending on what tax credits you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ryaners210

Its more like €350 after tax for the first year

Hi guys,

Could anyone tell me how long after medical check until you get the start date? Do they email you or post?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hipsterdoofus

Had my medical last week and have been given a start date and the contract is being sent out this week, sorting out a start date was done over the phone and the contract is being posted out I think. If you haven't gotten a call already it should be soon enough provided you were ok in the medical.

Had my medical for Tipp yesterday so just waiting on a start date now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Shasheen

Hi guys,

I'm currently in the process for some other Co CO's and I have heard the interviews are due to take place soon.

How far in advance were ye notified of interviews for Limerick / Tipp? Asking as it's very hard for me to get time off work at this time of year at relatively short notice.
    Thanks in advance.

Shasheen wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm currently in the process for some other Co CO's and I have heard the interviews are due to take place soon.

How far in advance were ye notified of interviews for Limerick / Tipp? Asking as it's very hard for me to get time off work at this time of year at relatively short notice.
    Thanks in advance.

For the 1st interview, I received a letter dated 10th of March to attend an interview on the 20th of March.

For the final interview, I received a letter dated 31st of March to attend an interview on the 27th of April

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Patg2017

Has the Tipperary panel started to move yet? I'm hoping that they will call more people for Tipperary like they did with Limerick.

Patg2017 wrote: »
    Has the Tipperary panel started to move yet? I'm hoping that they will call more people for Tipperary like they did with Limerick.

Tipperary have definitely between 5 and 10 on the panel called. I was called last Tuesday. They checked my references, had my medical Monday and got my start date yesterday so they seem eager to get people started now

Just out of interest Did anyone apply for the permanent clerical officer position with Laois county council and if so did you hear anything the about the aptitude test?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭redmarie

Tipperary have definitely between 5 and 10 on the panel called. I was called last Tuesday. They checked my references, had my medical Monday and got my start date yesterday so they seem eager to get people started now

Have they definately called number 10?

redmarie wrote: »
    Have they definately called number 10?

Can't say for definite, I'm placed between 5 and 10 and have got a call so they can't be too far off it

Can't say for definite, I'm placed between 5 and 10 and have got a call so they can't be too far off it

Ok thanks. Can i ask if they gave any preference based on location. Nenagh and Clonmel are a good distance apart. Like it would be a long commute to South tipp if living north and vice versa.

Ok thanks. Can i ask if they gave any preference based on location. Nenagh and Clonmel are a good distance apart. Like it would be a long commute to South tipp if living north and vice versa.

No choice given. Basically they'll offer you a position within x department in x location and after that, it's a case of take it or leave it.

No choice given. Basically they'll offer you a position within x department in x location and after that, it's a case of take it or leave it.

Thanks. Thats the part that concerns me. It wouldnt be feasible to have a 3 hr commute each day 😢

• Advertisement

Have they given u a definite start date? Just trying to judge notice period to give to employer

Have they given u a definite start date? Just trying to judge notice period to give to employer

Yes, had my medical last Monday (June 26th), got a call Wednesday (June 28th) to say my medical was fine and references checked out ok and given a start date of Monday, July 10th

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MfromTipp

Thanks. Thats the part that concerns me. It wouldnt be feasible to have a 3 hr commute each day 😢

If you are offered Clonmel and it doesn't suit you can opt to stay on the panel for Nenagh but no guarantees and it could take a while. They seem to have realised it would be unfair to be dropped from the panel given the distance between the two towns. The panel seems to be moving well but the jobs seem to be in Clonmel at the moment.

Got my date for the next round of Limerick interviews in mid July.

Kinda nervous about it as I heard the Limerick interviews were much tougher than the Clare ones (and I found the Clare one tough!)

Interesting though this time there is only the one interview to get on the panel, theres no second interview this time.

Back to the LCC website to start learning everything:confused:

There's been a bit more movement on the Tipp panel from what I've heard. They're close to 15 on the panel at this stage.

How many is on the panel altogether?

I'm not sure. As far as I know they were calling the top 90 from the psychometric tests.

Whether the whole 90 is ranked or not l, I don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭wheelbarrow12

Hi All,

Kerry County is testing for clerical positions this week using the same Enact Psychometric assessment.

I'm sitting them on Wednesday. Would appreciate any advice on the actual questions. They gave us a few sample questions that seem very basic. Do they increase in difficulty or is it reasonable to expect them all to be around this level?

thanks for any help!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 eljerro

I'm not sure. As far as I know they were calling the top 90 from the psychometric tests.

Whether the whole 90 is ranked or not l, I don't know

Have you heard anymore... waiting patiently but in early 20's may never be called

• Advertisement

eljerro wrote: »
    Have you heard anymore... waiting patiently but in early 20's may never be called

All I've heard is someone close to 15 on the panel was called last Wednesday/Thursday. I don't know anyone other than that on the panel to know anything more. Try giving HR a ring

Advertisement