Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick City & County Council Clerical Officer Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 IrishGirl17

Hi. Did anyone have an interview for Limerick City and Co. Did you hear anything back yet?

I had an interview 2 weeks ago and havent heard a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Treatycat

Hi. Did anyone have an interview for Limerick City and Co. Did you hear anything back yet?

I didn't realise they were still interviewing - do you mind me asking what number you were placed in aptitude test? Best of luck in the interview

Treatycat wrote: »
    I didn't realise they were still interviewing - do you mind me asking what number you were placed in aptitude test? Best of luck in the interview

They called the next fifty candidates and im in that group.

Thought I would have heard something by now but nothing and interview was 2 weeks ago 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 40 IrishEyes147

I was called for an interview too. Just checked my email there and I got an email from them saying I've made the panel. Over the moon about it as I thought it was quite a tough interview :)

I was called for an interview too. Just checked my email there and I got an email from them saying I've made the panel. Over the moon about it as I thought it was quite a tough interview :)

Yep got an email and made the panel also. Delighted is an understatement.

Hopefully wont be waiting too long to be called

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 IrishEyes147

Got a job offer from limerick during the week. They really seem to be flying through the panel! Can't wait to start :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 eljerro

Tipp are up to number 21

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MfromTipp

Does anyone know if there have been any placements in Nenagh?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Patg2017

Hi did anyone get email about filling up the application form today

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AngelD

Patg2017 wrote: »

I got an email this morning. Was quite surprised as I thought I was out of the running altogether. Any ideas when the interviews will be held? I am assuming middle to late Oct?

• Advertisement

Still wondering if anyone on here knows if anyone has been placed in Nenagh from this panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ilovethistles

MfromTipp wrote: »
    Still wondering if anyone on here knows if anyone has been placed in Nenagh from this panel?

Hi Mfromtipp, I haven't heard anything about nenagh, just clonmel. Why don't you call them and ask? I have rang a few times and they've been very helpful.

I know they're offering temporary contracts at the moment. I don't know how many permanent have been taken so far.

Hi Mfromtipp, I haven't heard anything about nenagh, just clonmel. Why don't you call them and ask? I have rang a few times and they've been very helpful.

I know they're offering temporary contracts at the moment. I don't know how many permanent have been taken so far.

Thanks, yeah I might contact them. It's strange there have been so few, if any, placements in Nenagh given the size of the office. I was fairly high up the panel and they offered me a position in Clonmel. I had to turn it down due to the distance but remained on the panel for Nenagh. That was months ago and I've heard nothing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ilovethistles

MfromTipp wrote: »
    Thanks, yeah I might contact them. It's strange there have been so few, if any, placements in Nenagh given the size of the office. I was fairly high up the panel and they offered me a position in Clonmel. I had to turn it down due to the distance but remained on the panel for Nenagh. That was months ago and I've heard nothing since.

Maybe they are focusing on one office at a time?! Who knows... you'd imagine there would be people taken on in all offices.
    If you hear anything of interest let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Doireann 15

I did now I'm wondering is it possible to mess up filling out a form lol 😂😂😂

Got a job offer from limerick during the week. They really seem to be flying through the panel! Can't wait to start :)

Well done you do you know where you will be working .Was the interview tough ?

Hi to anyone that got the application form, the part about relevant experience did you write something about every point in the briefing document or just picked a few and spoke about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Ireland2015

Hi guys.
    Just wondering if anybody would have any tips that would come up in Interview?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭Conqueror

Know the names of the Mayor and Deputy Mayor, know the names of the electoral areas and how many councilors each area has. If you happen to be from an electoral area in the county, it wouldn't harm you to know the names of a couple of councilors in your area.

They will ask about the services provided by the Council, so find out what departments are in the Council (Housing, Roads, Environment, Community, etc.) and a little about what they do.

Read the local papers. They will ask about recent developments and news involving the council, such as major road projects, planning and environment issues.

Know about the roles of the Mayor at council meetings and as a representative of the council, and the role of councilors at council meetings and in forming the county development plan and the annual budget.

No harm in knowing the main areas the council spends its' money and gets its' income from, and what the total annual budget is.

They *may* ask about Strategic Policy Committees (SPCs); what they are, who is involved, etc. An overview can be found here: https://www.limerick.ie/council/services/your-council/strategic-policy-committees/overview-strategic-policy-committees

Thanks "Conqueror

what are the 2nd round of interviews like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭yellowbear

I'm applying for a job with a different county council and am wondering if the application form should be hand written or typed. The name section says use block capitals so im drawn towards hand written.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Shasheen

yellowbear wrote: »
    I'm applying for a job with a different county council and am wondering if the application form should be hand written or typed. The name section says use block capitals so im drawn towards hand written.

I thought the same and filled in my Galway application form by hand, when I was in my interview one of the interviewers mentioned that it would have been easier for them to skim through my application if it had been typed. Still got on the panel though so it didn't annoy them too much!

Thanks "Conqueror

what are the 2nd round of interviews like?

Did you have a first interview ?

I saw somewhere that there is 2 rounds of interviews so was just wondering how they are different.
    Did you have a first interview ?

Has anyone heard back about interviews yet

I haven't heard a thing since I sent in the form . I wonder has there been some interviews ?

I haven't heard a thing since I sent in the form . I wonder has there been some interviews ?

I didn't hear if there was or not, hopefully we might here something this week, it's nearly a month since we returned the forms

I didn't hear if there was or not, hopefully we might here something this week, it's nearly a month since we returned the forms

Got my interview date wishing I had started learning fond of the council side of things before now 😱😱😱

• Advertisement

Got called for the interview and I'm starting to panic. Can someone tell me what I should focus on when researching Limerick county council. Thanks

Advertisement