Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick City & County Council Clerical Officer Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭nikkisclearout

i only applied for Tipperary and placed 109 so wont be called for interview this time. from what i understand we will be on the panel anyway so if any more vacancies arise we might be called!

Well done to everyone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Got results. Did reasonably well. Will be getting called for interview soon

doc11 wrote: »
    What were the scores marked out of

They were marked out of 40 for verbal and error checking and 24 for numerical I think

Verbal and error marked out of 40 and numerical out of 24 AFAIK

• Advertisement

Apologies for repeat posts! My app went mental!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭doc11

Thanks,just wondering in comparison to the civil service pass marks are quite high, did you start your CS job yet from the other thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 pink15

Missed out by 9 on c/checking..
    Scores to pass

Verbal 27
    Clerical 20
    Numerical 13

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jewels0606

Same here under 90 for the counties
    What prep for interviews will be needed do you think
    I read previously budgets, policies etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Got through but outside the 90

Thanks,just wondering in comparison to the civil service pass marks are quite high, did you start your CS job yet from the other thread.

No not yet! Still waiting on assignment as I had to be revetted because of where I'm going. I like to keep my options open so applied for this and EO also.

I thought pass marks were quite high as well!! I did very well on numerical and verbal but let myself down on error checking!!

pink15 wrote: »
    Missed out by 9 on c/checking..
    Scores to pass

Verbal 27
    Clerical 20
    Numerical 13

The error checking was quite difficult. It was the only one where I was disappointed in my score

jewels0606 wrote: »
    Same here under 90 for the counties
    What prep for interviews will be needed do you think
    I read previously budgets, policies etc

I haven't a clue! I'm gonna have to do some homework....I kind of applied on a whim so hadn't really looked past the test stage yet.

Do you know if we applied for the three counties will we have to do three interviews or just one for all of them

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jewels0606

I haven't a clue! I'm gonna have to do some homework....I kind of applied on a whim so hadn't really looked past the test stage yet.

Do you know if we applied for the three counties will we have to do three interviews or just one for all of them

if you applied for all 3 and were placed 90 or under in all 3 then I am fairly it's 3 separate interviews
    as each council would be different and a separate identity with no cross over
    I assume :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

Got in under 90 for Tipperary so I'm expecting an interview.

Was ranked 110 overall and ranked just below 60 for Tipperary (the only county I applied for)

Verbal Comprehension 36 (Pass Mark 27)
    Numerical Reasoning 21 (Pass Mark 13)
    Clerical Checking 25 (Pass Mark 20)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Lauras5839

I'm just wondering, with the rankings can more than one person hold the same place in line as another? I've seen someone on here list their position for one of the areas and it's the exact same as mine, same area & same rank number.

Lauras5839 wrote: »
    I'm just wondering, with the rankings can more than one person hold the same place in line as another? I've seen someone on here list their position for one of the areas and it's the exact same as mine, same area & same rank number.

only three of us posted rankings, which one of us is it?! :)

I'm Tipp 109 as well! I'm guessing there must be some kind of dueling fight-to-the-death type round just before interviews lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 pink15

I'm Tipp 109 as well! I'm guessing there must be some kind of dueling fight-to-the-death type round just before interviews lol.

Think I'd be asking questions if the 2 of ye place the same for Tipp..doesn't seem right that ye both are 109!!

• Advertisement

Yea it does seem strange and I haven't come across it in any other competition. I mean what benefit is there in a ranking system that has multiple people at the same position.

haha i knew it would be me :):) that's mad i wonder why that is? did you apply for all three regions or just tipp?

what di you get in your "overall candidate pool" i got 219?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Wellywoo

Please correct if I'm wrong but am I right in thinking that the top 90 will be interviewed, then whoever passes that and all checks after will be put on a panel for any positions; therefore any candidates that passed but ranked below 90 will never be given a second thought.

See I passed but thought it a bit silly to get a ranking when they are only calling the top 90. I don't think the councils comps are like the gov clerical officer competition where they keep going through the list until it's exhausted.

Wellywoo wrote: »
    Please correct if I'm wrong but am I right in thinking that the top 90 will be interviewed, then whoever passes that and all checks after will be put on a panel for any positions; therefore any candidates that passed but ranked below 90 will never be given a second thought.

See I passed but thought it a bit silly to get a ranking when they are only calling the top 90. I don't think the councils comps are like the gov clerical officer competition where they keep going through the list until it's exhausted.

it says in the email that if more vacancies arise than anticipated and the first 90 are not enough to fill the vacancies that a second round of interviews will be held.

Also some people will have applied for all three so if offered a position they will be removed from other two panels which should speed it all up.

Personally I applied for all three but limerick is the only one that I would def take. Clare and tipp would be hit it miss but I figured it couldn't hurt to apply for all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Wellywoo

it says in the email that if more vacancies arise than anticipated and the first 90 are not enough to fill the vacancies that a second round of interviews will be held.

I think it would a total wipe out of staff to create the vacancies needed to reach my number :D:D:D

Congratulations to everyone through to the interview stage!

haha i knew it would be me :):) that's mad i wonder why that is? did you apply for all three regions or just tipp?

what di you get in your "overall candidate pool" i got 219?

Yea, I'm 219 as well overall - I applied for Limerick too and got 144 in there. I know there's no hope in terms of getting to interview stages or anything but it's just unusual to me how our rankings are identical. It's a bit mad lol. These were my results in the testing:

Verbal Comprehension: 39
    Numerical Reasoning: 20
    Clerical Checking:21

Maybe it just doesn't matter once you're not in the top 90? Best of luck to those who made the cut though :)

Also anyone still looking for clerical, the HSE are recruiting for grade III clerical officers - the campaign started there the other day details are on PAS. :)

Yea, I'm 219 as well overall - I applied for Limerick too and got 144 in there. I know there's no hope in terms of getting to interview stages or anything but it's just unusual to me how our rankings are identical. It's a bit mad lol. These were my results in the testing:

Verbal Comprehension: 39
    Numerical Reasoning: 20
    Clerical Checking:21

Maybe it just doesn't matter once you're not in the top 90? Best of luck to those who made the cut though :)

Also anyone still looking for clerical, the HSE are recruiting for grade III clerical officers - the campaign started there the other day details are on PAS. :)

Ah that's just ridiculous isn't it? i emailed them yesterday querying it and got no reply but ill stay at them until i do. They have blatantly messed up somewhere. Worrying as it makes you think how many more have gotten the wrong results. maybe if you drop them an email too it might speed it up?

Sure no bother I'll send them an email too, couldn't hurt to find out what the story is. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Red Honeysuckle

Got in under 90 for Tipperary so I'm expecting an interview.

Was ranked 110 overall and ranked just below 60 for Tipperary (the only county I applied for)

Verbal Comprehension 36 (Pass Mark 27)
    Numerical Reasoning 21 (Pass Mark 13)
    Clerical Checking 25 (Pass Mark 20)

Wonder how they work it out.
    Verbal 38
    Numerical 23
    Clerical 23

Im placed 73 in Tipp

Advertisement