Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick City & County Council Clerical Officer Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭nikkisclearout

egan2020 wrote: »
    Just to add to the confusion I'm 109 for Tipp too with overall score of 219 like yourselves!!

Your joking!! This is getting a bit fawlty towers now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

That was the deal. Experience is not necessarily everything. Especially when it's somewhere as diverse as a CoCo. For all you know you could be placed in Arts and Heritage and work as a tour guide or you could be placed on desk for council house complaints.[/quote]

Ok I hear you but I really think some form of work experience record should have been looked for to cut down on time. Because while no experience may be required, there's bound to be a number of candidates who are totally unsuitable and won't have to go through short listing.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

i wonder how long it will take to start scheduling interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jewels0606

hopefully not as long as PAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    B1 numb 26 and only getting interview in 2 weeks!!!!

Did you get your starting date for PAS yet
    Have you decided which you'd likely go for?

• Advertisement

jewels0606 wrote: »

Did you get your starting date for PAS yet
    Have you decided which you'd likely go for?
    Nope still no start date.....Second lot of vetting hasn't cleared yet. I got placed with Age and tbh I'm not thrilled so keeping my options open for now and we will see how all the comps go.

I just find it ridiculous that I topped the two pas panels I was on and still have no start date!!!

*AGS not age

Nope still no start date.....Second lot of vetting hasn't cleared yet. I got placed with Age and tbh I'm not thrilled so keeping my options open for now and we will see how all the comps go.

I just find it ridiculous that I topped the two pas panels I was on and still have no start date!!!
    Which panels?
    I know limerick has placed people??? I think

Which panels?
    I know limerick has placed people??? I think

Limerick and tipp. I have a job offer but no date as had to be revetted. Lots below me have start dates for this month in revenue

Limerick and tipp. I have a job offer but no date as had to be revetted. Lots below me have start dates for this month in revenue
    ah yeah, I knew people had been given start dates etc
    you could reject the AGS as they seem to give you a second choice, at least on the Dublin panels they seem to? you could enquire?
    these interview dates are taking forever coming through though!

• Advertisement

ah yeah, I knew people had been given start dates etc
    you could reject the AGS as they seem to give you a second choice, at least on the Dublin panels they seem to? you could enquire?
    these interview dates are taking forever coming through though!

i actually asked PAS about that and they told me if i turned down AGS they would take me off Limericks panel and id only be left on tipps but tipp would mean a relocation that limerick doesnt

i actually asked PAS about that and they told me if i turned down AGS they would take me off Limericks panel and id only be left on tipps but tipp would mean a relocation that limerick doesnt
    Unfair really as they seem to be able to reject the first offer in Dublin! but I suppose there are a lot more opportunities up there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭doc11

Unfair really as they seem to be able to reject the first offer in Dublin! but I suppose there are a lot more opportunities up there!

Not true

doc11 wrote: »
    Not true
    really in the other thread they have spoken about rejecting first offer due to distance and sometimes have then received a better 2nd offer other times worse , luck of the draw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

Anyone hear from their respective councils yet?

Anyone hear from their respective councils yet?

I haven't yet and I'm Down to be called for all three

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Hey guys, would anyone be able to tell me how long ye were waiting for the initial aptitude test after submitting your application?

I applied for the Waterford City & County council clerical officer campaign there over a month ago and got the usual email saying we'd be getting the aptitude test 'in due course'. Closing date for applications was a month ago now and no one seems to have heard anything further so far.

Any ideas how long we might be waiting for the aptitude test to come through? I know it's a different region and all, but just to get an idea about timeframes for each stage would be a real help.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ilovethistles

Hey guys, would anyone be able to tell me how long ye were waiting for the initial aptitude test after submitting your application?

I applied for the Waterford City & County council clerical officer campaign there over a month ago and got the usual email saying we'd be getting the aptitude test 'in due course'. Closing date for applications was a month ago now and no one seems to have heard anything further so far.

Any ideas how long we might be waiting for the aptitude test to come through? I know it's a different region and all, but just to get an idea about timeframes for each stage would be a real help.

Cheers.

Hi,
    Expression of interest was in mid Nov & we received an email on 21st Dec inviting us to the test in early Jan... Christmas in the middle may have delayed things for us, hopefully you won't have to wait as long for your test. It was 3 weeks later we received our test results and nothing yet for the next stage... hope this helps and best of luck to you!

Cheers.
    I see your question has been answered
    But best of luck 😊
    The wait seems to go on forever.....

Did ye get the application form to fill in?
    Hoping that I'll still qualify for an interview after it......

• Advertisement

I did haven't looked at it yet though. Not sure I will

I did haven't looked at it yet though. Not sure I will

Do you mind me asking what councils you have received your forms from?

Mine came from limerick

Clare one came through too, so just tipp left to get

Limerick a day or two ago
    Clare today
    Haven't received the tipp one yet
    Lots of fun filling those out lol

Limerick a day or two ago
    Clare today
    Haven't received the tipp one yet
    Lots of fun filling those out lol

I emailed HR at Tipp CoCo and was told the following:
    We haven’t yet invited candidates for interview, I’m afraid, but we expect to push ahead in the coming week or 10 days
    You will be hearing from us shortly.

Does anyone have an idea of the number of people employed in previous competitions and how long the panel is for?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Red Honeysuckle

Anyone else having issues filling in Tipp form? Whatever about remembering final year exam subjects deffo cant remember LC results. And do they seriously want all periods of unemployment? Surely the gaps in employment make that obvious

Anyone else having issues filling in Tipp form? Whatever about remembering final year exam subjects deffo cant remember LC results. And do they seriously want all periods of unemployment? Surely the gaps in employment make that obvious
    I had to do one for the civil service clerical service and I only did my 2 main jobs from 2004 onwards as before that was college and silly odd jobs.....but I got a slight reprimand for not putting down all jobs from leaving school or college onwards..... so on this I did it from when I dropped out of college......as for LC exams some of them I had to vaguely assume

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Red Honeysuckle

I had to do one for the civil service clerical service and I only did my 2 main jobs from 2004 onwards as before that was college and silly odd jobs.....but I got a slight reprimand for not putting down all jobs from leaving school or college onwards..... so on this I did it from when I dropped out of college......as for LC exams some of them I had to vaguely assume

They're going to have great fun with my final year exams. One subject was simply called Ireland and Wales, another The Mabonigi. What they make of it god only knows. Now on page 3 of previous jobs. Just emailing cv would have been easier

Advertisement