Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick City & County Council Clerical Officer Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Red Honeysuckle

MfromTipp wrote: »
    I had mine yesterday and felt it was straightforward enough. No specific questions about the Council that you either know the answer to or not. Couple of general ones but nothing too difficult. Now the wait... Again...

When I asked they said we should hear back within a couple of weeks.
    Did they ask how you prepped for the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MfromTipp

When I asked they said we should hear back within a couple of weeks.
    Did they ask how you prepped for the interview?

Said the same to me, two weeks. Yeah they asked about interview prep but I had kind of answered it in chatting anyway. Fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 juru

I am just replying to let all those applying for the council that take home pay is 367 euro a week incase anybody is wondering what you get after paying usc and prsi. That is for a 37 hour week

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ilovethistles

Hi, Does anyone know how many will go through to the final interviews? The waiting is horrid, the more I think about my interview the worse I feel it went. TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jewels0606

Hi, Does anyone know how many will go through to the final interviews? The waiting is horrid, the more I think about my interview the worse I feel it went. TIA

No idea
    Yeah I feel the same about my interviews

• Advertisement

Well the Tipp 'with regret' letters are out. God knows what they're looking for as I thought interview went really well.

Well the Tipp 'with regret' letters are out. God knows what they're looking for as I thought interview went really well.

Jesus that was very quick
    I cancelled my tipp interview and stuck with limerick and Clare which were week or two before tipp yet nothing from either of those yet!!!
    Ah I'm sorry aingealsruth, that's crap when you thought it went well
    But you did good to get that far even though it's no consolidation I guess
    Keep trying!!!

Meh life goes on. Probably better than getting the job and being placed in Clomel which is a good 90mins at least.

Meh life goes on. Probably better than getting the job and being placed in Clomel which is a good 90mins at least.
    Yeah same here that's why I didn't bother going to the interview
    Too far to commute
    I'm really surprised how quick the letters came for tipp tho

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Patg2017

Hi, wasn't placed between 1 and 90 after the assessments but was close to it, does anyone think they will call another group for interview. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Patg2017 wrote: »
    Hi, wasn't placed between 1 and 90 after the assessments but was close to it, does anyone think they will call another group for interview. Thanks.

God knows!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

jewels0606 wrote: »
    God knows!!!
    Doubtful I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Treatycat

When we originally picked top 2 locations, does this mean we are applying for 2 separate panels or you'll get which ever you are highest on?

Doubtful as they have 2 rounds of interviews to cut down the numbers. Also think they are very much looking for yes people. If you are called for interview its more a case of not having initiative and doing everything the same way as 20 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Treatycat

Sorry ignore my last post it was meant for different thread

Anything from Limerick or Clare yet?

Anything from Limerick or Clare yet?

Nothing for limerick anyway... they're taking their time...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hipsterdoofus

Nothing for limerick anyway... they're taking their time...

I got an email a half hour ago. Interview next Wednesday for Limerick.

Just got an email also
    I'm next Thurs
    Good luck folks :-)

Nothing yet for me

• Advertisement

Nothing yet for me

hopefully soon
    check your spam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

Doubtful as they have 2 rounds of interviews to cut down the numbers. Also think they are very much looking for yes people. If you are called for interview its more a case of not having initiative and doing everything the same way as 20 years ago.

Completely disagree with your last point.

I got called for a second interview and I wouldn't say I don't have initiative.

When work dried up, I went back to college and came out the other end and set up my own part time business.

Would you be saying the people that got called for a second interview have no initiative if you were one of them?

hopefully soon
    check your spam

Got it... next thurs woop! Good luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Bannergal

I got Wednesday 2 weeks - they must be doing a full week of interviews

Sorry it's thurs 13th... didn't read it right :D

Great 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jurate

I got it as well!!!

jurate wrote: »
    I got it as well!!!

Great 😊

Completely disagree with your last point.

I got called for a second interview and I wouldn't say I don't have initiative.

When work dried up, I went back to college and came out the other end and set up my own part time business.

Would you be saying the people that got called for a second interview have no initiative if you were one of them?

Didn't mean it that sense.
    I myself have done done quite a lot also including 2 internships for the council.

I meant it in the sense that they didn't seem to want someone to point out certain systems were antiquated and out of purpose or that there are better ways to do things.

95% of my CV is working in customer service. I had people throw tables at me and threaten me with needles and come out unscathed. I've worked with fussy customers, foreigners and everything in between. Tourism, shops, offices even a castle ive put in the hours and the only reason I can think of for not getting through is what I said.

I'm a very hard worker, and often finish tasks earlier than deadlines, but if there's a better way to do something I will say it. That's what I meant when I said initiative.

• Advertisement

Did any of ye do the HSE campaign
    Deadline for aptitude tests were 12 today
    I finished mine at 11.30 talk about cutting it close 😊
    Is there a thread for it

Advertisement