Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick City & County Council Clerical Officer Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 IrishEyes147

jewels0606 wrote: »
    Just got an email also
    I'm next Thurs
    Good luck folks :-)

Congrats!

Have you heard back about your Clare interview yet? I'm still waiting to hear back about mine.....

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jewels0606

Congrats!

Have you heard back about your Clare interview yet? I'm still waiting to hear back about mine.....

Nothing yet!!!
    I didn't go to the tipp interview and partly regretting it as they were so quick they must need staff quick enough whereas Clare is in no rush lol!

Nothing yet!!!
    I didn't go to the tipp interview and partly regretting it as they were so quick they must need staff quick enough whereas Clare is in no rush lol!

Yeah I got the impression they weren't in any rush!

At least you can focus on getting prepared for your Limerick one in the meantime!

Yeah I got the impression they weren't in any rush!

At least you can focus on getting prepared for your Limerick one in the meantime!

This is true
    Just need to get my arse in gear lol

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MfromTipp

Didn't mean it that sense.
    I myself have done done quite a lot also including 2 internships for the council.

I meant it in the sense that they didn't seem to want someone to point out certain systems were antiquated and out of purpose or that there are better ways to do things.

95% of my CV is working in customer service. I had people throw tables at me and threaten me with needles and come out unscathed. I've worked with fussy customers, foreigners and everything in between. Tourism, shops, offices even a castle ive put in the hours and the only reason I can think of for not getting through is what I said.

I'm a very hard worker, and often finish tasks earlier than deadlines, but if there's a better way to do something I will say it. That's what I meant when I said initiative.

I have to disagree with you also. I was asked at my interview for examples of where I had used my initiative to set up or improve systems or procedures. I had examples and lucky to get called for a second interview so initiative is certainly one of the things they were looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Bannergal

Anyone done the second round interview for Tipp yet?

Bannergal wrote: »

No, did you get a date?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ilovethistles

Not that I know of, I have only got a date for Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

MfromTipp wrote: »
    No, did you get a date?

Not yet. Only recieved a letter Monday to state I was successful on being recalled for a Final Interview and they will contact in due course.

Not yet. Only recieved a letter Monday to state I was successful on being recalled for a Final Interview and they will contact in due course.

Yeah that's what I got too. Hope it won't be too long!

• Advertisement

Not that I know of, I have only got a date for Limerick.

How much about the council do u think we need to know realistically
    I'm going through the website and there are reams of information
    Struggling to feel motivated

How much about the council do u think we need to know realistically
    I'm going through the website and there are reams of information
    Struggling to feel motivated

You can't possibly know everything, so I think the main purpose of the council, its structure and some general knowledge would be good.
    I'm hoping if I read through it often enough something will stick! There's no guessing what we'll be asked, but hopefully know enough to deal with any curveballs!

You can't possibly know everything, so I think the main purpose of the council, its structure and some general knowledge would be good.
    I'm hoping if I read through it often enough something will stick! There's no guessing what we'll be asked, but hopefully know enough to deal with any curveballs!

I am blue in the face from all these campaigns
    But I am so desperate for mon-fri 9-5 so I am plugging away
    I love the aptitude tests but hate the endless trying to read and reread and memorize endless needless stuff I won't ever have to know afterwards
    I am just feeling sorry for myself today instead of being grateful to be in with a chance lol
    I have to admit the PAS interviews were much easier and I imagine HSE will be easier but the council seem to like you to sweat for it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭redmarie

I love the aptitude tests but hate the endless trying to read and reread and memorize endless needless stuff I won't ever have to know afterwards
    I am just feeling sorry for myself today instead of being grateful to be in with a chance lol
    I have to admit the PAS interviews were much easier and I imagine HSE will be easier but the council seem to like you to sweat for it :-)

Does anyone know if youve worked in civil service for few years does that service carry for council? Or are u back to point 1 on pay scale?

redmarie wrote: »
    Does anyone know if youve worked in civil service for few years does that service carry for council? Or are u back to point 1 on pay scale?
    No idea
    Sorry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

redmarie wrote: »
    it carries across as far as I know.

I know the feeling... maybe take a break from it for couple of days? It's a head wrecking process!! :D

Received a letter from TCC this morning regarding a final interview.

They're being held the last week of the month.

Received a letter from TCC this morning regarding a final interview.

They're being held the last week of the month.

Oh great, did you get a date/time?

Oh great, did you get a date/time?

Yes. Mine is the 27th

• Advertisement

Yes. Mine is the 27th

I just got mine. 2nd May!

I just got mine. 2nd May!

They certainly have you enough notice

They certainly have you enough notice

Yeah compared to the last time! Although the letter says they might reschedule at short notice if people pull out!

Got a letter this morning from Clare County Council.

Got a date for a second interview!

I've never in my life been so nervous opening an envelope!:D

Got a letter this morning from Clare County Council.

Got a date for a second interview!

I've never in my life been so nervous opening an envelope!:D

Congrats
    What dates are they holding Clare ones?

Can I ask what people intend to do if you get an offer from Council A first, but you'd prefer Council B's offer? Will you accept A's offer and if then you get B's offer, just work your notice for Council A?

Hope this makes sense... TIA

Can I ask what people intend to do if you get an offer from Council A first, but you'd prefer Council B's offer? Will you accept A's offer and if then you get B's offer, just work your notice for Council A?

Hope this makes sense... TIA
    I am not part of this competition, but my advice is, accept the first offer as if it's the only one you get, and if lucky enough to get the one you want, then give written notice of resignation.

august12 wrote: »
    I am not part of this competition, but my advice is, accept the first offer as if it's the only one you get, and if lucky enough to get the one you want, then give written notice of resignation.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking, even if I've only just started like a week or so? I guess I have to do what i have to do... I don't want to waste anyone's time, but I also can't risk turning down an offer in the hope of another...

Congrats
    What dates are they holding Clare ones?

Thanks!

Mine is April 20th.

• Advertisement

Thanks, that's what I was thinking, even if I've only just started like a week or so? I guess I have to do what i have to do... I don't want to waste anyone's time, but I also can't risk turning down an offer in the hope of another...
    don't be concerned about wasting anyone's time. This is the function of HR Departments i.e. to interview/ recruit staff, select Interview boards who are paid quite well for their time and are often retired Senior Public Servants. You are just a number to them. As I said, take the first position and from there, do whatever will make your life easier.

Advertisement