Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home insurance - cheapest?

Options
  • 23-12-2016 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Our home insurance is up for renewal. We live in a typical 3 bed semi-detached in Dublin. Who is the cheapest home insurance broker/provider? Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭Water John

On the lookout as well. Some one mentioned, 25plus to me this morning. Haven't checked them out. There are underwritten by AIG.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ciaran_geraghty

Thanks John. I checked 25plus there . They seem expensive when I include my wifes engagement ring 4k + 30K contents. However, when if I was looking for building cover ONLY they look very competive comapred to others. However, she wants her engagement ring covered :-( If anyone else has suggestion for other insurance companys please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

We found permanent tsb insurance very competitive, I can remember who it's underwritten by, but can check.

Quote devil was the cheapest for me this time round. Underwritten by zurich

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Moved from A&P. Banking and insurance forum charter applies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

There is no 'cheapest' insurer out there. The best price will often exclude the most important cover or have such a high excess as to make a claim not worth your while.

The only thing I can say is that All Risks on a ring is usually an add on to Contents Insurance. As for Permanent TSB, I have banked with them for over 20 years and find them excellent for that. However, I would NEVER let a bank take care of insurance for my most valuable asset and I say that with over 35 years of doing business with every one of them. I never met one up to the job

There is no 'cheapest' insurer out there. The best price will often exclude the most important cover or have such a high excess as to make a claim not worth your while.

The only thing I can say is that All Risks on a ring is usually an add on to Contents Insurance. As for Permanent TSB, I have banked with them for over 20 years and find them excellent for that. However, I would NEVER let a bank take care of insurance for my most valuable asset and I say that with over 35 years of doing business with every one of them. I never met one up to the job

I personally didn't let my bank 'take care of insurance', I don't really bank with them anyway.
    I called around, and got quotes insuring that the excess wasn't high, all risks were included etc, and happened to get the best quote through permanent tsb.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭sector_000

I used 123.ie.... Found them cheapest. You just have to shop around.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

Also make sure you are only insured for the house rebuild value not inclusive the land

m'lady wrote: »
    I personally didn't let my bank 'take care of insurance', I don't really bank with them anyway.
    I called around, and got quotes insuring that the excess wasn't high, all risks were included etc, and happened to get the best quote through permanent tsb.

I'm sure there is nothing wrong with the policy or the insurer they use. However, I would not rely on their expertise or advice on general insurance products. Again, just my opinion

• Advertisement

I'm sure there is nothing wrong with the policy or the insurer they use. However, I would not rely on their expertise or advice on general insurance products. Again, just my opinion

It wasn't the bank that I relied on for their advice or expertise though, it was the insurance company I dealt with. Who would you go to for house insurance?

m'lady wrote: »
    It wasn't the bank that I relied on for their advice or expertise though, it was the insurance company I dealt with. Who would you go to for house insurance?

Well, I've worked in insurance for a long time, so I know what I'm looking at

I thought you said you dealt with Permanent TSB, not the insurance company? My point is I wouldn't deal with ANY bank employee when it comes to discussing cover, terms, conditions of an insurance policy.

Advertisement