Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trying to access legacy list of incoming calls

Options
  • 23-12-2016 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭

As per thread title, trying to access legacy list of incoming calls over a 2 month period. Eir say that they can't access. Is that actually the case? Is there any other avenue I can explore to uncover this info? This refers to a landline - and a naturally (without having to go into detail), it's vitally important that I access this data - else I wouldn't ask the question.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

If this is as important as you say, you might want to employ the services of a solicitor (or take this question over to the legal forum). My first thought was a request under the data protection act, but I don't believe a data access request would cover the data being sought as it is not personal information about you or whomever the land line belongs to, but it's about others, so I don't believe you have the right to access this.

eir do have the data though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

I just saw your request on the Talk to eir forum ... if the call logs are from 2007, I don't believe they will exist anymore. I can't remember whether it is 12 or 24 months they are required to hold onto the call data, but it certainly is not any further back than that.

I don't think this will be a successful search. A solicitor should be able to get you a clear answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its gone, at best you'd get bill totals at this point and probably not even that.

Advertisement