Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

diy pc not booting please help

Options
  • 23-12-2016 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hoping somone can help just building a pc with the young lad and got it together and it doesnt boot up spec is as follows. asus H110m-a motherboard, intel i3, 8 gm ram.when i connect the 4 pin 12v cable from the motherboard it doesnt power up at all if i dont connect the little 4 pin cable the motherboard lights up and hard drives makes noise but nothing shows up in the dispaly though.if anyone can help id be really greatful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭satguy

Make sure the 24 pin and the 4 pin connections are in right,, the 24 connector is just beside the ram slots.

What PSU are you using..

• Registered Users Posts: 48 pmc8

Thanks for the quick reply satguy,yeah put the 24 pin and the the 4 pin in the right way they seem to only be able to go in one way.im using a corsair vs550 powersupply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Did the case come with a little speaker?Is it connected up and are you getting any beeps on power up?

no unfortunaly case didnt come with any speakers so i cant tell if im getting any error beeps

Have you got all the front io connected properly ?
    Watch vid from 9:59 to make sure https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el_yjr9e-RY&t=600s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

pmc8 wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick reply satguy,yeah put the 24 pin and the the 4 pin in the right way they seem to only be able to go in one way.im using a corsair vs550 powersupply.

Make sure that you are connecting the 12V 4-pin connector to the motherboard, not any other connector.
    4. Connect the eight-pin +12V (EPS12V) cable to the motherboard.
    A. If your motherboard has an eight-pin +12V socket, connect the eight-pin
    cable directly to your motherboard.
    B. If your motherboard has a four-pin socket, detach the four-pin from the
    eight-pin cable, and then plug this four-pin cable directly to your motherboard.

WARNING: The detachable four-pin from the 24-pin main connector is not a “P4” or “+12V” connector. Serious damage can be caused if you use it in place of a “P4” or “+12V” connector.

Did that vid I posted help,, that one used most of the same parts you have..

Hi satguy sorry for the delay in replying had to go out,checked out the vid the was useful to check the front io as the manual is ****e all is connected correctly.at the end of the vid when he boots up my motherboard lights up that way if i dont connect the 4pin cable but still nothing shows through the hdmi monitor,still goes dead if i connect the 4 pin cable fans wont spin up or anything.

K.O.Kiki yeah its the right 4pin connector it was attached to another one to make an 8 pin.

Really appreciate all the help guys.

make sure HDMI is in right slot
    is it in onboard GPU or graphics card.
    try a vga cable on a tv
    if using monitor/TV make sure you are on right channel, (say lead in HDMI 1 and monitor/TV was set to HDMI 2,, it can happen.)
    are you hitting DEL when pc is starting to get into BIOS
    make sure your ram is seated, take the ram out, and then put it back.

Thanks for all the help guys turns out the 4 pin wasn't sitting in properly I wasn't using enough force to push it in I was afraid I'd break it.pc is up and running now just in time for xmas. Thanks again for taking the time to help me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Glad you got it sorted. That's thing about helping someone online it is very difficult to diagnose when you are looking into a screen. If someone was there they may have spotted it straight away.

Advertisement