Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Docter scopes

Options
  • 23-12-2016 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭

I see pat carley in wexford does docter scopes. Docter used to be zeiss in east germany, but when the wall came down they were forced to stop using the zeiss name, and changed the name to docter.

But what is the quality like compared to schmidt and bender, zeiss, swarovski etc ? Anyone here using one for stalking or in low light ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

I had the 2.5-10*48 on a .22lr sold it last year, cracker of a scope especially in low light as good as my Steiner military tactical glass wise. So good I bought it back last week and will be putting it my .270 and putting the Steiner on a different rig

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

I bought an 8x56 back in the late 90s, sold as used in our local Berlin gun store. The only use it had had was on a demo rifle stock, and I snapped it up and ran. Nothing special, but with the very useful to me German #4 reticle, so it's on an older rifle. I found that I could still pick up the lines in a target when others could not, so yes, the low-light gathering capacity is very high.

Maybe not quite S&B, but up there with Leupold, Meopta and other 1500eu glass. I paid the equivalent of just over 450 euros for it.

I'd recommend anything from Docter, in spite of the odd-looking spelling...

tac

Advertisement