Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electricity.

Options
  • 23-12-2016 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭

I have 2 meters one for night storage and one ordinary. I have just noticed that when the meter man reads the metre he has mixed the 2 up for the last 4/5 years. So I have been under paying for that period. Am I f***ed . Would I have to back pay the difference or is there a limitation on time period which they can claim. I have genuinely only spotted this now as the readings are right but are attributed to the wrong metre.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Are you absolutely sure? To misread them constantly for 5 hears seems a stretch. Have you been with the same supplier over that period?

Nobody can answer your query. If, and I stress if, you want to sort this out then only your supplier will be able to answer any of your questions. Would they draw a line under the undercharge due to their error? Who knows. Would they take the charge in instalments over the next number of years? Some might but you'd have to argue for that yourself. There's no statute of limitations, as it were.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's very unlikely that this the case (though I'm not ruling it out). The ESB Networks meter readers would be unlikely to make that of mistake consistently for 5 years.

If it is true, and you do owe your electricity supplier money, I'm sure that you can seek a payment pl,an to spread it out, or push for some kind of deal on the amount owed.

Advertisement