Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

toddler legally allowed to use Cannabis

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Muhammed_1 wrote: »
    I agree that skunk is a general term used in the UK to mean strong weed. It's a negative term, used to denigrate.

I think weed may be stronger now than in the 1970's, but not by as much as the UK media would have us believe.

I think there is a qualitative difference between weed and dabs. I know dabs is just cncentrated weed but I still think there is a difference in the 'quality' of the stone.

IN other words, 4 grams of weed converted into .5 gram of dabs and smoked produces a different stone to just smoking the 4 grams of weed directly.

It's the same with alcohol. Spirits are different to beer even if it's all just alcohol. Gin has depressing effects or so people say whereas other forms of alcohol have different effects.

Dabs produce an intensely strong stone which cannot be achieved, or is very difficult to achieve, using weed itself.

weed now is significantly more potent than the stuff smoked by hippies. 10-20 times as much THC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Muhammed_1 wrote: »
    I agree that skunk is a general term used in the UK to mean strong weed. It's a negative term, used to denigrate.

I think weed may be stronger now than in the 1970's, but not by as much as the UK media would have us believe.
    I haven't really seen any stats to prove one way or another but it makes sense that cannabis has gotten stronger. It's basically had modern growing techniques applied to it so we're more than likely growing a better standard of cannabis than back then. We've also done some simple breeding techniques to select for strength. It's likely that the range of THC in weed is probably a lot wider today, especially in the US and places where it's legal.

In Ireland we basically have whatever weed gets to the market, there's no selection, or awareness of breeds.

I think it's hard to compare weed from the 70s to weed from today, we're comparing science based industrial growing to something you'd find growing wild in a field.

I think there is a qualitative difference between weed and dabs. I know dabs is just cncentrated weed but I still think there is a difference in the 'quality' of the stone.
    I have no doubt. The closest I ever got to this stuff was hash I bought in Amsterdam, I can't remember the make but it cost €30 a gram. I didn't even make it through a one skinner before I had to go outside and get completely lost for 2 hours. Bud would be like a ginger beer in comparison. My point would be that if you get used to using stuff like that a normal spliff isn't going to register with you. It's just too expensive to become a real alternative to what people regularly smoke.

Advertisement