Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

JPA wrote: »
    That is really low milage. It's a 5 year old car. Only 12k a year.

Seems like a decent enough price, I agree the mileage is pretty low.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

ELM327 wrote: »
    I mean, if you're going to spend 64k plus 5% fees, nearly 70k on a model S, and pay in cash (merlin dont do financing), I'm sure you're either a) planning to flip it - in which case you overpaid or b) you will be keeping it for some time.
    Of course for a) above I wouldnt pay for FSD but for B I would, it will give much better function and jump you to the front of the MCU upgrade if needed too.

Also, at 6k for FSD and ~2.5k for MCU upgrade it puts you in the mid 70s. Really shows that they overpaid when an as new inventory car is 85k

Catching up here- are all new model S's now 100's?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,901 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yes, they are labelled "Long Range" or "Performance" but both only come with 100 packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,317 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I am intrigued at this one - a 2015 BATTERY OWNED – No monthly battery lease charges? - I didn't think that was possible? , how? - I thought all ZOE of that vintage were battery rental?
    Good price though, but high mileage isnt it for a BEV?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-zoe-dynamique-zen-fully-electric/25197463

Excellent price provided the car is indeed battery owned. Would make a nice alternative to the Leaf if you are on a budget. I'll probably be in the market for an EV just like this in about a years time
    Casati wrote: »
    Catching up here- are all new model S's now 100's?

Yes. Only two models now, both 100kWh. Long range (610km WLTP) and performance

• Moderators Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I am intrigued at this one - a 2015 BATTERY OWNED – No monthly battery lease charges? - I didn't think that was possible? , how? - I thought all ZOE of that vintage were battery rental?
    Good price though, but high mileage isnt it for a BEV?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-zoe-dynamique-zen-fully-electric/25197463

Seems a bargain alright. Low mileage, no lease. Clean enough (looks like some kerbing, and possibly a few dents on the rear bumper). The claimed 150km city range is a nice jump from a similarly priced Leaf 24.

• Advertisement

Seems a bargain alright. Low mileage, no lease. Clean enough (looks like some kerbing, and possibly a few dents on the rear bumper). The claimed 150km city range is a nice jump from a similarly priced Leaf 24.

Both have a usable capacity of not much more than 20kWh, both are inefficient and both have a similar range. 150km from either car, in your dreams!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Thanks all, yep that Zoe does look in good enough nick - I were just saying about the mileage because i had seen other ZOE's around 30,000 mark but yes it is 2015 at the end of the day. That interesting, I never knew you could buy the batteries on a 2015 vintage i though t you could only buy them on later Zoes with a built in <i> or something on the badge of the car to denote that it was battery owned

I still don't understand how the battery lease works.
    Say I had bought one new with the lease then I sold it on donedeal then what?
    Do I need permission to sell it ?

I still don't understand how the battery lease works.
    Say I had bought one new with the lease then I sold it on donedeal then what?
    Do I need permission to sell it ?
    You won't need to worry, no one will buy the leased one :pac::D

On a serious note, if you buy a leased model you have to also sign the lease contract from RCI to take over the battery lease.

You won't need to worry, no one will buy the leased one :pac::D

On a serious note, if you buy a leased model you have to also sign the lease contract from RCI to take over the battery lease.

How do renault know if you are paying the lease as a new owner of the second hand car, or if you are paying enough ie the correct price for the amount of km's you do and if you DON'T do any of this as a new owner of a second hand zoe car that has battery lease what happens like ... the car still presumably drives and charges up OK and everything doesnt it? - I find it all confusing too this battery lease malarkey ....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

21” Turbine wheels for a Model S

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/25248080

Gumbo wrote: »
    21” Turbine wheels for a Model S

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/25248080

"Tyres in very good condition apart from one "
    The only mint condition except it doesn't work:D

How do renault know if you are paying the lease as a new owner of the second hand car, or if you are paying enough ie the correct price for the amount of km's you do and if you DON'T do any of this as a new owner of a second hand zoe car that has battery lease what happens like ... the car still presumably drives and charges up OK and everything doesnt it? - I find it all confusing too this battery lease malarkey ....
    They will cut the car's ability to charge if the lease is not paid

The zoe is much more connected than the fluence was

Lots of Fluence ZE on DoneDeal at the moment. All of them ludicrously overpriced.

And how long has that Leaf without a battery been for sale now? Price has been dropping. Latest price is €2,400. Maybe somebody will give him half that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,894 ✭✭✭✭listermint

"Tyres in very good condition apart from one "
    The only mint condition except it doesn't work:D

Tyres appear near brand new, screw in 1 easily fixed tbf

listermint wrote: »

So eazy he hasn't done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

they also appear to by different brands which would probably also lower their appeal

To be honest I would consider buying them and if I was to buy used alloys I'd be changing the tires anyway

Why would anyone want to buy them? They are far too big for use on this country's roads. Unless you only ever drive on good roads / motorways. There is a reason the seller is selling. If I bought mine with 21" wheels, they'd be up for sale too.

unkel wrote: »
    Why would anyone want to buy them? They are far too big for use on this country's roads. Unless you only ever drive on good roads / motorways. There is a reason the seller is selling. If I bought mine with 21" wheels, they'd be up for sale too.

This is also true.

Ive had large wheels. No Bueno.

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    I love those wheels, I'd buy them, if I wasnt saving for a house deposit.

When I get my X (if the CT is not released next year) it will have 22' wheels.

They look great, but the ride would be pretty bad, even with air suspension. I guess I would refuse to wear high heels too even if I were very pretty in them :pac:

If I had t already got the 21”, I’d be snapping his hands off!
    I’ve found no difference in my 21” compared to the wife’s 19” on the F10 around Dublin or the motorway.

On the other hand, the 20” on my i3 was hard as hell!

Gumbo wrote: »
    If I had t already got the 21”, I’d be snapping his hands off!
    I’ve found no difference in my 21” compared to the wife’s 19” on the F10 around Dublin or the motorway.

On the other hand, the 20” on my i3 was hard as hell!

F10 has runflats no ??

F10 has runflats no ??

Not mine.
    I put normal tyres on it. Have the space saver kit in the boot if going on a long journey.

They will cut the car's ability to charge if the lease is not paid

The zoe is much more connected than the fluence was

Blimey, imagine that, that they could do that at any time cut the ability remotely to charge :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Not bad but no AP1 would put me off, plus warranty expires this month so MSU1 time bomb just waiting to explode. Better off with UK import and longer warranty

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Decent price for a car on Irish plates, but solid white is not a good colour. But sure if you like it and if you're going to keep it for a long time, who cares.
    slave1 wrote: »
    MSU1 time bomb just waiting to explode

That's a bit of an exaggeration :p

First of all only a small minority of cars had to have the MCU1 replaced. We all know the reason: excessive data logging wears down the flash memory. This excessive data logging has long since been stopped with a software update, so the chances of getting this problem have reduced dramatically

And if it does happen, there are indy companies in the UK that can fix it for around the EUR500 mark

But sure, use it as a negotiating chip to get another grand or two off :D

• Advertisement

What’s the appeal of AP1?
    I haven’t got it myself now, but I hardly even use cruise control.

Advertisement