Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2016-Tesla-Model-S-85D-Sub-Zero-Package-Panoramic-Sunroof-Auto-Hatchback-Elect/264804277497

What's wrong with this? It's a terrible ad, which little detail and poor pics, which would have me wondering.
    2016 85D. £32500. Was expecting to see it was damage repaired at that price.

It's been for sale for over a month now. Price was £35,880 back in June.

I think it's the mileage on a private sale putting people off.

• Moderators Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Year old Model3 in the UK don't seem too bad a price. Somewhere between €41-€42k landed in Ireland.

Nice 6-7k saving on a new one.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

jhegarty wrote: »
    Good value here if anyone is looking for a P85D

£42,594 but it's a 2016 and only 27,000 miles on the clock.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202007231580282

There’s a P85D in an Irish dealer in Dublin for €45k too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,901 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Gumbo wrote: »
    There’s a P85D in an Irish dealer in Dublin for €45k too.
    If its the black one its there nearly a year

• Registered Users Posts: 65,317 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Year old Model3 in the UK don't seem too bad a price. Somewhere between €41-€42k landed in Ireland.

Nice 6-7k saving on a new one.

Link to one?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

ELM327 wrote: »
    If its the black one its there nearly a year

The 152 reg Naas road one. Yeah been there a while.

Looks like €41k landed incl VRT is indeed possible as BlackNight suggested. I'd probably still go the extra €6k or so for a brand new one which is also HW3 (instead of HW2.5) and generally much better build quality (less noisy, fewer issues with paint and panel gaps) and has an extra 18 months or so warranty

unkel wrote: »
    Looks like €41k landed incl VRT is indeed possible as BlackNight suggested. I'd probably still go the extra €6k or so for a brand new one which is also HW3 (instead of HW2.5) and generally much better build quality (less noisy, fewer issues with paint and panel gaps) and has an extra 18 months or so warranty

I think those should be HW3 as April 2019 was the switch over and that was before the production of the first RHD models.

But agreed that it's a small saving for a lower quality second hand car.

You're probably right there about the RHD cars. My best mate has a very late March 2019 LHD AWD LR and it is an excellent car, but noisy and there were paint issues and panel gaps and it has HW2.5 and the optional extra (back then :D) AutoPilot. I did a review of it in the (first?) Model 3 thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ainsyjnr

I think it was the top one, but someone in the Model 3 uk Facebook group spotted it was previously one of the press cars from last year. Thrashed and abused by motoring journalists, not sure if I would want one of those.

ainsyjnr wrote: »
    I think it was the top one, but someone in the Model 3 uk Facebook group spotted it was previously one of the press cars from last year. Thrashed and abused by motoring journalists, not sure if I would want one of those.

Good spot.

Here she is :

https://insideevs.com/reviews/403838/tesla-model-3-bmw-3series/

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ainsyjnr

I think those should be HW3 as April 2019 was the switch over and that was before the production of the first RHD models.

But agreed that it's a small saving for a lower quality second hand car.

I am keeping an eye out for a second hand lr to appear, cheapest is 46k I have seen which at 1.10 rate is only about 6k saving on new. But if the rate drops to 1.05 because brexit talks are a disaster then saving more like 8.5k and it may be worth the older car.

Lots of ifs and buts there. If I am going to spend that much mone, I may prefer new!

I am keeping an eye out for a second hand lr to appear, cheapest is 46k I have seen which at 1.10 rate is only about 6k saving on new. But if the rate drops to 1.05 because brexit talks are a disaster then saving more like 8.5k and it may be worth the older car.

Lots of ifs and buts there. If I am going to spend that much mone, I may prefer new!

The prices are just silly when a new one is only £46,990

Lots of ifs and buts there.

Indeed and you only have 5 months left for that strategy :p

FWIW, Tesla Model 3 is the least depreciating vehicle in the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

My trade in value for the M3 I bought for 62k in March was 58.5k. It lost very little value in driving off the forecourt.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,901 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

krissovo wrote: »
    My trade in value for the M3 I bought for 62k in March was 58.5k. It lost very little value in driving off the forecourt.
    Really?

So it's just owners of S and X models that get lowballed by Tesla?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

ELM327 wrote: »
    Really?

So it's just owners of S and X models that get lowballed by Tesla?

I am not trading to tesla:) I suspect the trade in value is engineered as part of my new car purchase to make me feel like I am not losing an arm and a leg and trading up so early.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Back to potential bargains, late 2015 30kW Leaf, 84% SOH so bar lost but I'd bet that can be corrected with BMS update, 6.6charger on board, asking £8,950 (ignore price on ad, out of date)

https://www.eco-cars.net/electriccarforsale.php?selproid=276

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Here's another real bargain, from a dealer no less, so with warranty and all. 2014 new chemistry battery, so should have decent enough range and not the brutal degradation of the first generation, Leaf 24kWh with service history and almost 2 years NCT for €6,450 asking. Why they couldn't afford the full years motor tax (€120) at the last renewal is beyond me though :p

Linky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

slave1 wrote: »
    Back to potential bargains, late 2015 30kW Leaf, 84% SOH so bar lost but I'd bet that can be corrected with BMS update, 6.6charger on board, asking £8,950 (ignore price on ad, out of date)

https://www.eco-cars.net/electriccarforsale.php?selproid=276

Good deal - glad I sold my Leaf a short while ago!

You did really well, I was surprised at how much you got for it, which seemed way over the odds at the time. But hey, maybe either you're a great salesman or the buyer wasn't really clued in. Or both :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Not sure tbh - It was a great car in fairness, well looked after since I had it and it was in very good condition when I bought it myself :)

Both parties happy :)

Chances are I'll pick up a cheap Leaf myself within a year. Was mighty tempted by that €3.7k black high spec 2012 Leaf here the other day, but I have no need for more than 1 car at the moment (and I already have 2 cars, and only recently sold my 3rd one)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭ooter

Here's another real bargain, from a dealer no less, so with warranty and all. 2014 new chemistry battery, so should have decent enough range and not the brutal degradation of the first generation, Leaf 24kWh with service history and almost 2 years NCT for €6,450 asking. Why they couldn't afford the full years motor tax (€120) at the last renewal is beyond me though :p

Linky

This seems very cheap for a 2014 leaf, what's the catch?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

ooter wrote: »
    This seems very cheap for a 2014 leaf, what's the catch?

Funny, the first post of this thread 4 years ago shows a 2011 Leaf for 6800, so by those standards it’s expensive, lol.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

L-M wrote: »
    Funny, the first post of this thread 4 years ago shows a 2011 Leaf for 6800, so by those standards it’s expensive, lol.

That’s positive appreciation :)

Bought mine for under 10 and sold is 2.5 years later for 11 :)

And it's actually quite strange that you can pick up a Leaf here for €4k

They seem to refuse to go under GBP5k across the water

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

And it's actually quite strange that you can pick up a Leaf here for €4k

They seem to refuse to go under GBP5k across the water

I noticed that also.

• Advertisement

Some strong incentives over there though that we don't have. Like zero road tax and zero congestion charge for London. About time we implement something similar for Dublin. Diesel €30 per day, petrol €5 per day, EV free.

Advertisement