Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

unkel wrote: »
    That's the one garo referred to as "The one in Ballaghaderreen?"

For sale a while, the price on DD ATM is 35k, and on your link on carzone 34k. Still a bit too much imho as the car is white, pretty basic and the warranty is nearly up

I think that one is going to set the floor for Irish prices. The only things it going for it was the dual charger and warranty. And the warranty is about to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭McGiver

jhegarty wrote:
    I think that one is going to set the floor for Irish prices. The only things it going for it was the dual charger and warranty. And the warranty is about to go.
    What else is the catch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

I don't see a catch. It's a basic model for basic (for Ireland) prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,317 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

jhegarty wrote: »

Agreed. I would expect the seller to accept a serious cash offer of €32k. That's about the bottom of the Model S price.

McGiver wrote: »
    What else is the catch?

No catch.

But it's a 6 year old car with 110km and out of warranty.

It has the cheap seats. No glass roof , no AP , no air suspension. All bits you think of when some says Model S.

I think it's a fair range, but not a bargain.

• Advertisement

unkel wrote:
    Agreed. I would expect the seller to accept a serious cash offer of €32k. That's about the bottom of the Model S price.

How much was it new?

Was never for sale new here.

unkel wrote:
    Was never for sale new here.

I know but how much was it new there?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

This is about the best you can find for historical UK prices, assuming it came from UK

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/tesla/model-s/specs

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

I'd say my 2014 Model S P85 with a lot of expensive options was around the GBP100k mark. The base model S 85 like that car was around the GBP65k mark. Pretty remarkable it has kept near half its value after 6 years. No other luxury car can match that low a depreciation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,907 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

2015 BMW i3 asking GBP11,295 private sale. Get it for GBP11k (or a bit under) and you'll land it here for not an awful lot over €12k
    I think it looks great in orange. Not to many cars you can say that about.

73816ec0955448bf8f249a97f35b96cf.jpg

Linky

Beats the hell out of a Renault Zoe that would be a few grand less but you will have to pay battery lease on. Will keep its value way better too.
    n97 mini wrote: »
    That interior colour scheme is vomit inducing.

Awe its not that bad. I would have no problem with it if the price was right. What does Oatmeal interior mean? Is it made of oats?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

I'd say my 2014 Model S P85 with a lot of expensive options was around the GBP100k mark. The base model S 85 like that car was around the GBP65k mark. Pretty remarkable it has kept near half its value after 6 years. No other luxury car can match that low a depreciation.

Can we keep the thread clear for the promotion of bargain alerts and not the massaging of one's own ego please.

Can we keep the thread clear for the promotion of bargain alerts and not the massaging of one's own ego please.

I answered a question from another user. Can you leave the moderation to the moderators please.

And I haven't seen too many contributions of bargains from you in my thread. I'd appreciate if you took your bitching to someone else's thread. Preferably not on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Zenith74

Ah you must be new to boards.ie? We're 3000 posts deep in this thread, how do you think we can hit KPIs like that without getting a bit (read: wildly) off topic on the regular? Sure I'm posting about the looks of a VW Golf in the CHAdeMO vs CCS thread in another tab here trying to increase the Internet Points of that thread...

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭eagerv

AMKC wrote: »
    Awe its not that bad. I would have no problem with it if the price was right. What does Oatmeal interior mean? Is it made of oats?

No it's made from recycled beige sweaty tee shirts.:D

Awaiting Mad-Lad.....

AMKC wrote: »

The seats are covered in recycled olive leaf and dashboard made from hemp fibers , so who knows.

• Moderators Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Is a 7 seater 2015 model s 85 with AP1 for 35k on Irish plates (currently in Ireland) (no Tesla warranty) tipping around a good/bargain price?

Rake of miles on it though. 193k km.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Pros
    AP1.
    7 seats if that’s what you need.

Cons
    No warranty (but we have to start accepting that on these cars, same as buying an older 5 or 7 series)
    Relatively high miles (but this could mean lots of the little flaws have been fixed).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Is a 7 seater 2015 model s 85 with AP1 for 35k on Irish plates (currently in Ireland) (no Tesla warranty) tipping around a good/bargain price?

Rake of miles on it though. 193k km.
    I would not recommend purchasing a Tesla of that era without a comfortable period of warranty, look to UK and either CPO or other sale with remaining Tesla warranty. Sweet spot is private sale where the car came with 4 year CPO and good bit of it remaining...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    I would not recommend purchasing a Tesla of that era without a comfortable period of warranty, look to UK and either CPO or other sale with remaining Tesla warranty. Sweet spot is private sale where the car came with 4 year CPO and good bit of it remaining...

That's what you lucked out on yeah?

What denomination value do you put on the warranty so? I would of thought 2-3k. Or do you just discount any Tesla without warranty as too high a risk?

What do you think that means for your resale value once the warranty is over? (Possibly should ask this in your thread)

• Advertisement

What denomination value do you put on the warranty so? I would of thought 2-3k.

Something like that. But it depends on how risk averse you are and how you go about having problems fixed

Some people would just go to Tesla and then it would be hundreds just for a single door handle or three grand for an MCU1 replacement

Personally, I would try do a door handle myself and I would consider taking the car to an indy in the UK for a GBP500 MCU1 fix, even though that would cost hundreds in travel cost and a full day of my time on top of that

• Registered Users Posts: 21,901 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Miles dont really mean anything. Except if its an earlier (pre 17/18) car it does mean you may be nerfed to 94kW peak.
    Theres 175k km on my car and it drives as new except the chargegate speed

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

What denomination value do you put on the warranty so? I would of thought 2-3k. Or do you just discount any Tesla without warranty as too high a risk?

What do you think that means for your resale value once the warranty is over? (Possibly should ask this in your thread)

About €3k I would put it at.
    The biggest problem is handles, MCU1.

After that it’s normal stuff that can go wrong on any car. Suspension, bearings, wiper motor is relatively common.

Some things it’s worth just going to Tesla.
    Some things not. Handles I’d have a go at myself too.

I bought 2014. No warranty but from a small dealer.
    So in essence no warranty after 3 months based on the deal I done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

I was looking at the same car. I don't think it has AP1. You need to be sure about that. VIN does not show up on tesla-scout.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

I think you're talking about the cr for sale by sd autos, I enquired twice about the car asking questions like about the mcu and door handles.

They were fine with me until I started asking these questions then suddenly said there's a deposit on the car and that it's unavailable.

This was at the end of May and again mid June so if its the same car, I'd avoid the garage, I doubt they'll do any type of warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭randomstuff

Is the fluence any good?

Very good EV.

If it had fast charging, which it doesn't. And if it did not have a battery lease tying you in forever, which it does. And if it didn't have pretty bad battery degradation, which it does.

Without battery lease, worth about €2-2.5k. With battery lease, worth about €500-€600

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭randomstuff

Very good EV.

If it had fast charging, which it doesn't. And if it did not have a battery lease tying you in forever, which it does. And if it didn't have pretty bad battery degradation, which it does.

Without battery lease, worth about €2-2.5k. With battery lease, worth about €500-€600

Haha, fair enough. In the 5-7k range is the leaf the only real contender?

Is this the first of the August trade ins from Tesla?

2016 S75 with AP. And not white. £31k
    https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/used/5YJSB7E11GF141149?redirect=no

A rareity for Tesla, actual photos of the car. Looks great

• Advertisement

That's a bargain! Facelift and AP1 too and the battery and drivetrain covered until 2024

Almost zero other warranty though, most people will go through that in a few months. And a very basic spec. No extras to speak of except the charger upgrade to 16kW. "PK00 LEGACY No Parking Sensors" - seriously? On a car of this size? My mid 90s BMW had parking sensors all around.

Won't hang about though, I'd say it will be gone in the next few hours...

Advertisement