Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,901 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

That parking sensor code is wrong for many cpo listings.
    Mine says no parking sensors but I have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,317 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Hopefully that's the case. Even if not, you can get an aftermarket solution cheap enough, would not be a deal breaker to me. The car, basic as it is, would be a good deal even without AP1. With it, it's a bargain.

Its a facelift too, so I think that's a very good deal.
    Better than mine IMO. And it's in the right color, midnight silver metallic!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

All AP cars are coded as "PK00 LEGACY No Parking Sensors", so you can ignore it on anything with AP1 or later.

• Moderators Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Look at the pics. There's parking sensors all round.

Pics also show a bit of a lack of care. Seat leather is a bit worn. The chrome trim in the cabin doors has dents in it. A few scuffs here and there.

• Advertisement

True, but a lot of the cheaper CPO cars do.
    Mine did. It comes with the territory IMO. If you want perfect, buy new!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭kaahooters

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

unkel wrote: »
    That's a bargain! Facelift and AP1 too and the battery and drivetrain covered until 2024

Almost zero other warranty though, most people will go through that in a few months. And a very basic spec. No extras to speak of except the charger upgrade to 16kW. "PK00 LEGACY No Parking Sensors" - seriously? On a car of this size? My mid 90s BMW had parking sensors all around.

Won't hang about though, I'd say it will be gone in the next few hours...
    ELM327 wrote: »
    That parking sensor code is wrong for many cpo listings.
    Mine says no parking sensors but I have them.
    jhegarty wrote: »
    All AP cars are coded as "PK00 LEGACY No Parking Sensors", so you can ignore it on anything with AP1 or later.

If the car has AP1 hardware it has parking sensors as these are part of the AP1 requirements.
    When the spec says PK00 LEGACY No Parking Sensors it means it does not come with "traditional" parking sensors which some non AP1 cars have as an extra.
    PK00 is correct, just bad English.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Won't hang about though, I'd say it will be gone in the next few hours...

You move fast enough. When you picking it up?

• Advertisement

Haha, yeah sold very quickly as I expected. Hope it was someone in here? Buyer got themselves a real bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Haha, yeah sold very quickly as I expected. Hope it was someone in here? Buyer got themselves a real bargain.
    i looked a few hrs after posting, already gone

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

Have to admit, I was quite close to pulling the trigger on this one... Was doing man maths and trying to figure out what my 191 Ioniq would be worth...

Seriously folks. If you want to pick up a real CPO Tesla bargain, you will need to be alert. Best strategy is probably to check the UK CPO bargains yourself every 30 minutes between midnight and 2AM on weekdays and also have an alert on this thread. Excellent bargains like this one and the one I bought were mentioned on this thread here by very helpful regulars on this forum. I'm very grateful for their help!
    Have to admit, I was quite close to pulling the trigger on this one... Was doing man maths and trying to figure out what my 191 Ioniq would be worth...

You need to do the maths now, see if you want to buy one and can afford it and at what price range. When a car like this comes along, it's too late to start thinking about it, you just need to hit the "buy it now" button :)

No man math required for that 2016 S75. Sure it didn't have many frills, but big glass roof, facelift, oodles of range, auto pilot, a great colour and plenty warranty. All for £31k. If you wanted an S and £31k was in budget, click buy!

Big edit!!
    I just checked the ad. The warranty is 2 years/5k miles. So... Nothing. But disappointing from Tesla to not give more than up to the 100k miles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Where did you check the ad? Did you take a screenshot?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Seriously folks. If you want to pick up a real CPO Tesla bargain, you will need to be alert. Best strategy is probably to check the UK CPO bargains yourself every 30 minutes between midnight and 2AM on weekdays and also have an alert on this thread. Excellent bargains like this one and the one I bought were mentioned on this thread here by very helpful regulars on this forum. I'm very grateful for their help!

You need to do the maths now, see if you want to buy one and can afford it and at what price range. When a car like this comes along, it's too late to start thinking about it, you just need to hit the "buy it now" button :)

+1

I found that Tesla UK dropped the price at 11pm during the week.

garo wrote: »
    Where did you check the ad? Did you take a screenshot?

image.png

image.png

Big edit!!
    I just checked the ad. The warranty is 2 years/5k miles. So... Nothing. But disappointing from Tesla to not give more than up to the 100k miles

I spotted that and posted it. Still it is 6 months at the average Irish annual mileage. A lot better than having no warranty. Doesn't take away from how good a bargain that car was.

Yep facelift 2016 is worth a few grand in my opinion. And the additional two years on the drivetrain/battery warranty.

• Advertisement

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202008202734078

No photos yet so not sure if it's a facelift , but a bargain either way.

S75D, Air Suspension, Free Supercharging, AP1

69,021 miles

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202008202734078

No photos yet so not sure if it's a facelift , but a bargain either way.

S75D, Air Suspension, Free Supercharging, AP1

69,021 miles

Sold, and it was facelift

https://www.sjonesltd.co.uk/cars-for-sale/bournemouth/car/62/tesla-model-s-75d-air-suspension-free-supercharging

Seems that dealer might have decent prices. Even when they're sold, they still filter by price. An S85 and P85 were returned when filtering for <£30k

Those calipers... my God
    img-1111_maxw-128_maxw-2048_maxh-1537.jpg

Sold, and it was facelift

https://www.sjonesltd.co.uk/cars-for-sale/bournemouth/car/62/tesla-model-s-75d-air-suspension-free-supercharging

Seems that dealer might have decent prices. Even when they're sold, they still filter by price. An S85 and P85 were returned when filtering for <£30k

Those calipers... my God

That's strange as they only posted to autotrader this evening.

The calipers explain the low price :p

That's strange as they only posted to autotrader this evening.

The calipers explain the low price :p

It'll never sell!

This was a decent price too
    https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ZGcKXM50qRoJ:https://www.gumtree.com/p/tesla/2014-tesla-model-s-85-free-unlimited-supercharging-zero-tax-tech-pack-cold-/1379312976+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie
    Pano roof, MCU upgrade

That's not the same car though is it?

That's not the same car though is it?

Which. The one I linked to SJONES site is the same as jhegarty linked to on autotrader. £31k for 2016 75D with AP1

The cached gumtree one is just one I found when digging into other cars that SJONES place has sold recently. £28500 for 2014 S85

Ah ok. I thought you meant the cached one was the same as the purple calipers.
    Yes I agree that S Jones has some competitively priced Teslas. Saw one about a month ago that was pretty competitive. Overall though the bargains have been thin on the ground after the one that came up day after bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

So much for the August plate change in the UK yielding a few good value trade ins going on the second hand market ;(

Ah ok. I thought you meant the cached one was the same as the purple calipers.
    Yes I agree that S Jones has some competitively priced Teslas. Saw one about a month ago that was pretty competitive. Overall though the bargains have been thin on the ground after the one that came up day after bank holiday.

Yeah I kinda thought with the plate change in August there'd be a few going, but slim pickings as yet.

Just browsing DD there. Some amount of Ioniqs for sale. 19 I count.

This is possibly the pick of the bunch (if it exists - 70 day old ad). 2018 Black Ioniq with 5k miles on it.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-ioniq/25039396
    Garbage ad though

• Advertisement

This one has been around for a while on DD too:
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/sunroof-7-seater-tesla-model-s-85/25415896

Not really a bargain though unless you want a 7 seater.

Advertisement