Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

So got in touch with the eBay seller. He claims to have swapped it with his Porsche but has only had it two months which is a bit weird as the ad states “one owner from new”. He provided a photo of the V5C so VIN and ref. Also says he wasn’t interested in the service history so didn’t ask previous owner for any and claims to have had the MCU repaired last month. Unlucky guy to have had the MCU needed repairing within one month of getting the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,317 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Any ad that is clearly not 100% honest is likely to hide more. I'd walk away.

• Moderators Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

unkel wrote: »
    Any ad that is clearly not 100% honest is likely to hide more. I'd walk away.

Yup. Too many "that doesn't really add up" moments from what garo is saying

Performance Model S with AP1 for just GBP28k. That's a steal, probably one of the best value performance we have seen on here. Unfortunately it's white, no warranty, but that is very cheap for a performance. Free supercharging, air suspension, quite likely a further high spec too like dual AC chargers.

Linky

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Scant ad though, I’d be asking that seller a lot of questions, VIN no good if only one owner, won’t be on any of the usual lookup sites

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

slave1 wrote: »
    Scant ad though, I’d be asking that seller a lot of questions, VIN no good if only one owner, won’t be on any of the usual lookup sites

We learned about that one owner might mean "i only own it two months". :p

I checked the p85 and not on ev-cpo.com / teslascout.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭McGiver

garo wrote:
    So got in touch with the eBay seller. He claims to have swapped it with his Porsche but has only had it two months which is a bit weird as the ad states “one owner from newâ€. He provided a photo of the V5C so VIN and ref. Also says he wasn’t interested in the service history so didn’t ask previous owner for any and claims to have had the MCU repaired last month. Unlucky guy to have had the MCU needed repairing within one month of getting the car.

Stolen. Dodgy. Walk.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Performance Model S with AP1 for just GBP28k. That's a steal, probably one of the best value performance we have seen on here. Unfortunately it's white, no warranty, but that is very cheap for a performance. Free supercharging, air suspension, quite likely a further high spec too like dual AC chargers.

Linky

:D
    Just after been looking at that.
    No mention of the Performance spec so seller may not be 100% up to speed.
    The P85 is a different car to the S85 and I’d have a year older P over an S all day long.

Full glass roof (sun roof)
    Performance brakes (Brembo all round)
    Performance rear motor (420bhp)
    Smart air suspension
    I’d say dual chargers

Now, the only thing is that the UK car check says it’s the 380bhp model which makes me believe it’s not a performance..........or just not down as one. You’d have to see the vin and the dash screen.

It’s taxed and MOT’d until December and mot mileage history stacked up

23.11.2017 @ 44,708
    26.11.2018 @ 56,650
    07.11.2019 @ 73,152

You and me both :D

I'd even buy a white one if the bargain was too good to miss. I would have it wrapped though. Probably in that new deep purple colour that Musk himself has on his personal car (Model S)

Out of interest, would Tesla entertain a RFI if you give them a VIN?

Did you get all that from the reg Gumbo? I assume the
    believe it’s or a performance

should read:
    believe it’s not a performance

• Advertisement

garo wrote: »
    So got in touch with the eBay seller. He claims to have swapped it with his Porsche but has only had it two months which is a bit weird as the ad states “one owner from new”. He provided a photo of the V5C so VIN and ref. Also says he wasn’t interested in the service history so didn’t ask previous owner for any and claims to have had the MCU repaired last month. Unlucky guy to have had the MCU needed repairing within one month of getting the car.

So he offers to give me a video walk-through of the car. I'll report back.

So he offers to give me a video walk-through of the car. I'll report back.

I wouldn't bother. No one sells a car after two months unless they are a trader or there is something wrong with it.

And it's too cheap to be a trader.

jhegarty wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother. No one sells a car after two months unless they are a trader or there is something wrong with it.

And it's too cheap to be a trader.

I sold one car after 2 hours. Bought a polo for €70. Seller was on the way to the scrap yard with it. I took it home. Washed it. Called a friend of a friend and sold it for €450 :)
    Another after 24 hours. It does happen.
    Mk4 GTi. Just wasn’t to my liking. Traded it in off a V8 X5!

Did you get all that from the reg Gumbo? I assume the
    believe it’s or a performance

should read:
    believe it’s not a performance

Yes. Just a free UK car reg check app.

Out of interest, would Tesla entertain a RFI if you give them a VIN?

I don’t think so, not under GDPR thing.
    But, if you were in the SC and friendly with the service guy, he may just read out the spec list if it was on his screen without showing you any personal details. No harm asking.

Linky

And it's gone. That didn't last long. Someone got a real bargain, hope it was someone in here?

I've said it several times before, if you are interested in one of these cars, you know the pros and cons (it's not all sunshine and lollipops) and you can afford one, get your affairs in order and buy one if you see a bargain that suits you come by! If it's not a bargain, it will likely be around for a while, but bargains tend to be picked up in within hours. There must be hundreds, perhaps thousands of people in the UK and Ireland scouting for a cheaper second hand Tesla Model S.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

one less now

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

And it's gone. That didn't last long. Someone got a real bargain, hope it was someone in here?
    I messaged the seller within half an hour of your post here. No response. I doubt it was someone here. Though would be happy if it was.

slave1 wrote: »
    one less now

Indeed. Until yesterday, 1000 remaining lookers, 2 remaining bargains. Now 999 remaining lookers, 1 remaining bargain for the rest of the year :pac:
    I messaged the seller within half an hour of your post here. No response. I doubt it was someone here. Though would be happy if it was.

Probably someone who just hit the "buy it now" button in the middle of the night. I know I did :D

Probably someone who just hit the "buy it now" button in the middle of the night. I know I did :D

It was gone sometime before 2am last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,901 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Hopefully not a drunk buy :D

I know I bought mine at about 6am, was on the site less than 18 hours.

Exact same as mine, if I remember right I bought it just before 2AM on a Tuesday morning / Monday night. Within an hour or so of you posting it up here. Muchas gracias :)

Unfortunately autotrader does not have a buy now option and I thought it would be a bit indecent to call the poor seller after 10pm.

Unfortunately autotrader does not have a buy now option and I thought it would be a bit indecent to call the poor seller after 10pm.

Text message. Or WhatsApp. It’s how I bought my i3 in London and MS in Kerry.
    Less intrusion that a call late at night and the seller sees your profile so gains a bit of confidence that he’s dealing with someone genuine.

Gumbo wrote: »
    Text message. Or WhatsApp. It’s how I bought my i3 in London and MS in Kerry.
    Less intrusion that a call late at night and the seller sees your profile so gains a bit of confidence that he’s dealing with someone genuine.

That's what I do usually but seller on autotrader had hidden their number.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,237 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

But you missed out on this exchange :D

Seller answers phone at 10pm: "Hello, who is this? Why are you calling at such a late hour?"

Garo: "GIVE ME YOUR CAR!!! TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!":D

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

I was selling kids bicycle in July, it took me 45 minutes from posting add to sale. If something is bargain it sells really fast.

That's what I do usually but seller on autotrader had hidden their number.

Same when I bought the i3
    Usually they have their email.
    Send mail with your number and ask them to send you a text and you’ll call them.

Yes I sent that message but didn't get a response. Anyway, onto the next one.

• Advertisement

Yes I sent that message but didn't get a response. Anyway, onto the next one.

Just keep on the look out.
    Have you got a particular spec and version in mind or just working to a max budget?

Advertisement