Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

I won't comment on risk , that's your own decision.

Revolut should transfer to his bank account in minutes. But there is no way to reverse if things go wrong.

Make sure you do a HPI check. You will need the V5 to get your VRT done.

I would also get the insurance transferred before paying the money. If it gets stolen in transit you want it protected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Thanks both. Alas SWMBO forbids any travel in these pandemic times. So it will have to be remote.

Revolut does indeed allow large transfers on Standard but as of 12 August charges a 0.5% fee on any amounts over 1000 EUR so it makes sense to go Premium. I researched rates on Revolut and N26 and I believe Revolut Premium is the best option. CurrencyFair - which OP of this thread used - is also very good but I couldn't be arsed opening an account and doing the KYC when I already have Revolut.

Good points about the V5C and getting insurance done before the transport though I assume transport company will provide a transport insurance option.

Anyone have any recommendations on who to use for HPI check? https://www.caranalytics.co.uk/ ok?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

garo wrote: »
    Thanks both. Alas SWMBO forbids any travel in these pandemic times. So it will have to be remote.

Revolut does indeed allow large transfers on Standard but as of 12 August charges a 0.5% fee on any amounts over 1000 EUR so it makes sense to go Premium. I researched rates on Revolut and N26 and I believe Revolut Premium is the best option. CurrencyFair - which OP of this thread used - is also very good but I couldn't be arsed opening an account and doing the KYC when I already have Revolut.

Good points about the V5C and getting insurance done before the transport though I assume transport company will provide a transport insurance option.

Anyone have any recommendations on who to use for HPI check? https://www.caranalytics.co.uk/ ok?

V5C is not proof of ownership, it even says it on the front of the form.
    FYI, I bought my S in private UK sale during height of pandemic, didn't see it in person, Eirtrans to their depot and picked it up there myself. Paid by bank transfer to owners account. Did finance check. We drew up contract of sale for both our benefit.
    Is it a risk, yes but one I've done a few times and with proper homework it's never backfired in any way...
    Your move now, GLWP

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

jhegarty wrote: »
    Anyone for a 2016 AP1 Model S for under £30k ?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202009063398313

Small point but those are not cyclone wheels, owner must have got the ones currently on the car via referral I'd say and sold/whatever the cyclone wheels (which are more efficient).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,901 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

jhegarty wrote: »
    Another Model S coming up for auction.

Pre AP and look like poor specs.

https://www.merlin.ie/details?listingid=c9de9682-ceed-ea11-80ea-0026b9533b62

2014 / S85 / 112,207 km
    Anyone catch how much this went for?

My online account with them seems to be locked out.

• Advertisement

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202006069849312

2014 S85. Pano roof free SC. No AP but at 28k one of the cheapest in the market. Are the new reg year bargains finally hitting the market?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,317 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Maybe they are. Some cars posted here in the last week or two seem good value. The very cheapest base Model S now seem to be from GBP28k but that said, we did get some sub GBP30k CPO cars with 2 years Tesla warranty this year. Unless you're handy and you like to take a little risk, I feel the extra GBP2k for the Tesla warranty is worth it for most people.

I have the car just under 6 months now. Going in for its second door handle, needs a fix to the sunroof that needed new parts (minor issue), problem with the driver door window mechanism (seemed a wire got stuck), they changed a bulb for me (front bumper off job!) and adjusted the windscreen wiper jets. All free of charge

And it's quite likely my MCU1 will need to be replaced before my warranty ends in March 2022

A lot of peace of mind. Getting a loaner every time my car goes in for service too

• Registered Users Posts: 33,894 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Gumbo wrote: »
    I would go over just to experience the drive.
    You learn a lot on your first Kong drive hone in a new car.

Revolut allows large transfers even on standard I think. Unkel paid Tesla using Revolut. Even better if the seller has Revolut as it should be instant.

Tell the seller to put the full complete V5 in the glovebox. Tell him
    To tear nothing out as you need the complete document for VRT.

Owner needs to remove the for export section and send that off to dept of transport. You take the rest (all the rest!)

No they don't, I've brought cars in with full V5C and with the export piece missing and both have had no bother at VRT.
    When I VRT'd my Tesla earlier this year your man handed me the full V5C, handed it back to him and he said he does not need it because it was off to Revenue for the VRT valuation, still have the V5C in the drawer at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,894 ✭✭✭✭listermint

slave1 wrote: »
    No they don't, I've brought cars in with full V5C and with the export piece missing and both have had no bother at VRT.
    When I VRT'd my Tesla earlier this year your man handed me the full V5C, handed it back to him and he said he does not need it because it was off to Revenue for the VRT valuation, still have the V5C in the drawer at home.

Stop the lights there agro train. This isn't for our vrt it's for the seller and the UK dept of transport. Unless of course the seller wants to take your points in the journey home if you get stopped...

Our vrt don't care they'll take it all. But consider the sellers ownership status before making statements like above.

• Advertisement

Fair enough, I've brought a good few cars in and never any word from seller on the Export section and you will see it time and time again on this and the Motoring Buying/Selling forum to get the Full V5C, we would have to assume the Irish Authorities somehow communicate with the UK crowd.
    I've never read anywhere of any seller issue from the seller not completing the Export section from the V5C

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭drumm23

unkel wrote: »
    Maybe they are. Some cars posted here in the last week or two seem good value. The very cheapest base Model S now seem to be from GBP28k but that said, we did get some sub GBP30k CPO cars with 2 years Tesla warranty this year. Unless you're handy and you like to take a little risk, I feel the extra GBP2k for the Tesla warranty is worth it for most people.

I have the car just under 6 months now. Going in for its second door handle, needs a fix to the sunroof that needed new parts (minor issue), problem with the driver door window mechanism (seemed a wire got stuck), they changed a bulb for me (front bumper off job!) and adjusted the windscreen wiper jets. All free of charge

And it's quite likely my MCU1 will need to be replaced before my warranty ends in March 2022

A lot of peace of mind. Getting a loaner every time my car goes in for service too

Bumper off to change a bulb? Seriously?! :eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

listermint wrote: »
    Owner needs to remove the for export section and send that off to dept of transport. You take the rest (all the rest!)

Yes. I’ve often posted that but back to the DVLA myself.

unkel wrote: »

Alas but there hasn't been a sub-35k CPO since the 2016 facelift that listed the day after the August bank holiday.

Is there any decent third party warranty provider?

On the pricing, these cars are only well priced relative to what we have seen in the last couple of months. Looking through the old tesla-info emails there were cars available for as low as 26-27k earlier this year but mostly without AP and warranty.

See these listings for example from June:
    Model S Long Range CPO
    2014 MS 85 with 55,442 miles is now priced at £29,900 and was £30,100

Model S Long Range Used
    2015 MS 85D priced at £27,995 was a new listing
    91,000 miles - AP

• Registered Users Posts: 11,237 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Yes. I’ve often posted that but back to the DVLA myself.

I think this is a good plan, I personally wouldn't trust the seller to do this, I'd do it myself

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Slightly higher than average miles but with the spec I wouldn’t mind.

31k stg.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202008313138590?advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&radius=1500&make=TESLA&sort=price-asc&postcode=ll651dj&page=1

Badly worded, it’s a P85, not a P85D.
    Sunroof
    Autopilot
    Free supercharging for life
    Free premium connectivity for life
    Performance RWD version

Not to everyone’s liking in white, but I’d have it in white over my silver any day.
    It’s the cheapest performance posted in a while.

Slightly higher than average miles but with the spec I wouldn’t mind.

31k stg.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202008313138590?advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&radius=1500&make=TESLA&sort=price-asc&postcode=ll651dj&page=1

Badly worded, it’s a P85, not a P85D.
    Sunroof
    Autopilot
    Free premium connectivity for life
    Performance RWD version

Not to everyone’s liking in white, but I’d have it in white over my silver any day.
    It’s the cheapest performance posted in a while.

What do people think you'd get in range for this?

I do a Dublin to Cork trip a few times a month. No problem charging when I get to Cork - but (estimating naturally) how much charge would I need setting off to make it?

drumm23 wrote: »
    What do people think you'd get in range for this?

I do a Dublin to Cork trip a few times a month. No problem charging when I get to Cork - but (estimating naturally) how much charge would I need setting off to make it?

I have the same car, a P85+.
    98% charge today displayed a rated range of 445km but that’s the rated range.
    The only range test I done was when I bought it and drive 180km on the motorway at above motorway speed limits and when I got home I calculated I could have done about another 80km at that kind of driving so 250km ish

My house to cork city is 259km so Sticking to speed limits or just below should make the trip but again, I haven’t don’t any motorway range testing yet.

Ideally you’d charge over night and set off at 100%.

Edit. The car I linked has the 19” wheels, I have the 21” wheels and they effect range so that car may actually travel further!

The only range test I done was when I bought it and drive 180km on the motorway at above motorway speed limits and when I got home I calculated I could have done about another 80km at that kind of driving so 250km ish

My house to cork city is 259km so Sticking to speed limits or just below should make the trip but again, I haven’t don’t any motorway range testing yet.

Edit. The car I linked has the 19” wheels, I have the 21” wheels and they effect range so that car may actually travel further!

Super! Thank you very much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,317 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I also have the same car, a P85 with the 19" wheels. I get about 400km range in normal driving and at motorway speed limits about 300km, a bit less than that in winter, but Dublin to Cork which is about 250km should be no problem at all.

• Advertisement

I was looking at this car and spoke to the salesperson last week. The car comes fully loaded. Salesperson sent me the Tesla receipts and work done.
    These are the extras on this car.

AP1
    Dual charger
    Panoramic Sunroof
    Smart Air Suspension
    Subzero weather package
    Security package
    Tech package
    Automatic tailgate
    Carbon spoiler

I - reluctantly - decided on a different one but if a member here is interested I can hook you up with the salesperson. I think it is a great deal. MCU not replaced but battery replaced last year.

It's great when the owner keeps the Tesla receipts, Tesla repair/warranty work is vital to an informed used purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

Good to see somebody report actual realistic range without sugar coating it. Was that summer or winter?

I'm a 2015 base Model S 85, driving 120kms/hr from Athlone to Galway today when on the motorway and onto Connemara national park, then back to Athlone again.
    That's 335kms with good bit at motorway speed (about 135kms) and car says 4% left when I get home, left house at 95%.
    This journey is today, cool enough this morning but dry and dry roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,901 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I did 355km in my 16 S90D on Friday without charging. No motorway. Still had another ~50km range remaining.
    On motorway I'd usually get 300km +/-25km in summer and 275km +/-25km in winter.

Casati wrote: »
    Good to see somebody report actual realistic range without sugar coating it. Was that summer or winter?

That was in June. About 10.30pm and relatively good weather conditions.
    Speed would have played a big factor in that range.

Constant 120+ from supercharger in Birdhill to north Dublin.

I'm a 2015 base Model S, driving 120kms/hr from Athlone to Galway today when on the motorway and onto Connemara national park, then back to Athlone again.
    That's 335kms with good bit at motorway speed (about 135kms) and car says 4% left when I get home, left house at 95%.
    This journey is today, cool enough this morning but dry and dry roads.

What battery size Slave?

Apols, 85 model (don't want to say 85 battery size and flame the pedantics!!!), I'll edit post

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Apols, 85 model (don't want to say 85 battery size and flame the pedantics!!!), I'll edit post

tumblr_om82g0tai51rswj6ho2_500.jpg

Cheapest 2017 I have seen that wasn't on fire.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202009073437818

£37,980

AP2 and good spec.

• Advertisement

I think White suits the newer facelift much more than the nose cone

Advertisement