Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I think white suits delivery vans and washing machines :pac:

I'd buy a white Model S if a super bargain come up, but I would probably get it professionally wrapped. About €1,500. If possible I would go for something like this:

musk-model-s-deep-crimson.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Ah, Elon's car, wonder does he get free work charging

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

slave1 wrote: »
    Ah, Elon's car, wonder does he get free work charging

Fecker always blocks the charger!

unkel wrote: »

I'd buy a white Model S if a super bargain come up, but I would probably get it professionally wrapped. About €1,500. If possible I would go for something like this:

I’ve been seriously considering this.

Full wrap was €1500. Full wrap and dechrome was €1800 for Audi Nardo Grey.

I just want my calipers re-done, they've faded very badly but I'm not sure what's involved, I'd like to get a right good job done as I wash/wax often by hand

• Advertisement

I just want my calipers re-done, they've faded very badly but I'm not sure what's involved, I'd like to get a right good job done as I wash/wax often by hand

Check out Pro Parts in Dublin 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

jhegarty wrote: »
    Cheapest 2017 I have seen that wasn't on fire.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202009073437818

£37,980

AP2 and good spec.

That's the same dealership that has the white P85. One woman owner but 66k miles in 3 years so driven a lot. Out of Tesla Warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Comment of the year :D:D:D

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Comment of the year :D:D:D

Not that I'm fussy :o

I would have taken a bargain Model S in any colour. Even white. Or pink :p

drumm23 wrote: »
    Bumper off to change a bulb? Seriously?! :eek:

Missed that, sorry. Yeah that's what they did. When I read up on it, you could DIY by taking off the wheel and the liner on the inside of the wheel and do it through there, but it seemed to be a tricky job, so I passed

Put it on my list of things for Tesla to do and they did it. Without charging. Even though a bulb is clearly a wear and tear item, not usually covered by any warranty. Happy days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Missed that, sorry. Yeah that's what they did. When I read up on it, you could DIY by taking off the wheel and the liner on the inside of the wheel and do it through there, but it seemed to be a tricky job, so I passed

Put it on my list of things for Tesla to do and they did it. Without charging. Even though a bulb is clearly a wear and tear item, not usually covered by any warranty. Happy days!
    Even my old 2001 VW Golf diesel was a bumper out job to change the lights. Not a new thing.

Oh aye and I remember many Renaults had it too back in the day and loads of other cars have it these days. If all your "bulbs" are LED, they should last 10 years or more meaning having to change a bulb is a rare thing, you don't need to design a car in such a way to make that an easy (DIY) job

But for cars that do not have LED only (like my Tesla), it really shouldn't be so hard to change a bulb. Imagine how much it would cost if the dealer charged you at their labour rate for the change? Getting two mechanics to take the bumper off carefully? I think the standard Tesla rate is something like €130 + VAT per hour :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Won't be Volvo for best light design.

Two pull rods top of light under bonnet. Pull both up out and the whole lens comes out the front. Can change all bulbs with the entire thing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

I'd buy a white Model S if a super bargain come up, but I would probably get it professionally wrapped. About €1,500.

I bet you wouldn't :pac:.

This thread should be renamed "bargain used UK Model S" by the Model S appreciation society :D.

Not that I have ever posted much tbh, just an observation.

Is there nothing else worthy of bargain status these days - any Ioniqs from the UK, or Leafs, i3s, eNiros, Konas?
    Nothing besides €40k Model Ss, usually out of warranty, with ubiquitous MCU/door handle/battery/motor issues?

I surf UK EV car prices daily as a distraction/break from work, there’s nothing out there for months.
    Ioniq is as cheap here for a start and all other newer cars are still new enough they are holding high value, if I see a bargain to bring in before end of year I might do it because come Jan 1st pretty sure UK imports all but dead

Kramer wrote: »
    I bet you wouldn't :pac:.

This thread should be renamed "bargain used UK Model S" by the Model S appreciation society :D.

Not that I have ever posted much tbh, just an observation.

Is there nothing else worthy of bargain status these days - any Ioniqs from the UK, or Leafs, i3s, eNiros, Konas?
    Nothing besides €40k Model Ss, usually out of warranty, with ubiquitous MCU/door handle/battery/motor issues?

No, the leafs, ioniqs etc are better value here!

I think these are a couple of the best domestic "bargains"
    At the moment the bargains are in luxury/higher priced EVs from the UK. Not just Tesla but also IPace.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-kona-electric-64-kwh-475-km-range/25314585
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-ev-30kw-sve-2016/24203709

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

ELM327 wrote: »
    I think these are a couple of the best domestic "bargains"
    At the moment the bargains are in luxury/higher priced EVs from the UK. Not just Tesla but also IPace.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-kona-electric-64-kwh-475-km-range/25314585
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-ev-30kw-sve-2016/24203709

I guess perhaps the lack of love for the Kona here is a reason for the lack of monitoring bargains.

€31k for a 66k km mileage Kona. It's an ok price, but that's sizable mileage. Not sure if the cream on while works for me either.

I bet you wouldn't :pac:

Wouldn't what? Buy a white one or spend money to have it wrapped?
    Is there nothing else worthy of bargain status these days

Nope. Not really. A €30k Kona 64kWh is a good deal as ELM327 mentioned and apart from that there is the occasional very low end Leaf - there was one for €3.5k last month. Nothing from the UK worth mentioning in here, except Tesla Model S. I look on almost a daily basis and I look at all EVs, not just Teslas. But I get if you don't know this, that you'd get the impression that it's an old Tesla appreciation society in here :p

You could also get an IPace for low £40s in the UK versus nearly 80k EUR here. If that's a bargain then it counts too.
    But I'd be loathe to buy an iPace as there's no Ionity support (without paying the 79c rate)

• Advertisement

You could also get an IPace for low £40s in the UK versus nearly 80k EUR here. If that's a bargain then it counts too.
    But I'd be loathe to buy an iPace as there's no Ionity support (without paying the 79c rate)

Even if you did 5k km per year pure on Ionity (the vast majority of people would do way less) and you paid the full 79c and your very thirsty iPace slurped up 30kWh / 100 km, that would cost you just €1185 per year in Ionity fees

This should barely even be a consideration at all when your first year's depreciation alone on a second hand iPace is €5000 at the very least

Even if you did 5k km per year pure on Ionity.....that would cost you just €1185 per year in Ionity fees

This should barely even be a consideration at all when your first year's depreciation alone on a second hand iPace is €5000 at the very least

You must remember, most would drive out of their way to find a free charger, even near their own homes, to save €0.08/kWh.
    People sat in their €40k Konas/Leafs etc. for an hour, to save €2/3, when ECars rapid chargers were free.

Remember the "locals" in the hogging thread?

Never underestimate the will of an Irish person to spend 10s of thousands of €uros to save €50 on motortax or €2 on "free" electricity :pac:.
    Wouldn't what? Buy a white one or spend money to have it wrapped?

Both :p.

Even if you did 5k km per year pure on Ionity (the vast majority of people would do way less) and you paid the full 79c and your very thirsty iPace slurped up 30kWh / 100 km, that would cost you just €1185 per year in Ionity fees

Not interesting in paying this much to "fill up" my ipace.

If I'm paying that much I may as well buy a real car. Been looking at second hand w12 flying spur prices.

FX Alert 0.917 for Sterling right now

If I'm paying that much I may as well buy a real car. Been looking at second hand w12 flying spur prices.

But d'nvironment? Poor polar bears & penguins ELM - V12s are their kryptonite!

:P.

It's going to plummet more and more approaching the brexit date given the uncertainty

But d'nvironment? Poor polar bears & penguins ELM - V12s are their kryptonite!

:P.
    Couldnt give two hoots.
    Any environmentalist should be looking to fix emissions regs in China and US. Little old Ireland is irrelevant. The only two reasons I was interested in EVs was for cost/ease of use, and for move away from middle eastern oil. That was when I was doing 50k plus.

Couldnt give two hoots.

I said penguins, not owls :D.

Any environmentalist should be looking to fix emissions regs in China and US

But Eamon can't tax them or put bicycle lanes in Times Square or Tiananmen Square.

No, we need to pay more tax here. Can you not see that?
    It's the only way :p.

Maybe already posted...if you can get the price down then some nice updates here including HV and MCU just replaced, high enough mileage but the replacement battery eases some concern, free supercharging, cold pack...
    Would need to negotiate a bit to get it into the Bargain territory.
    Asking £33k

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202008313125682?onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&fuel-type=Electric&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&make=TESLA&sort=price-asc&postcode=m52ty&page=1

• Advertisement

0.925 now :eek:.

Advertisement