Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ELM327 wrote: »
    You're essentially giving up free supercharging for life

The value of free supercharging is very limited for most people in this country. Last time I supercharged was in May of this year.

It will be nice to have if this pandemic ever shifts and you can take the car on a road trip to Greece alright :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Even paid tesla SC prices are quite reasonable compared to say Ionity. We just like paying more to have free stuff. :P

The fact that there is a reliable and fast supercharger network with no queues that we can exclusively use is the big bonus here! Even if it cost €1/kWh it would be well worth it for me for the occasional time I might need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

unkel wrote: »
    The value of free supercharging is very limited for most people in this country. Last time I supercharged was in May of this year.

It will be nice to have if this pandemic ever shifts and you can take the car on a road trip to Greece alright :p
    I've spent around €100 on supercharging in the 1 year since I had the car.
    Probably be around the same in a normal year too.

Considering I got the car 10k cheaper (at the time) compared to the equivalent here, that was worth it. Like yourself I'm happy to pay a reasonable amount for the perk of use of superchargers - no queues and fast speed with a painless user experience.

The fact that there is a reliable and fast supercharger network with no queues that we can exclusively use is the big bonus here! Even if it cost €1/kWh it would be well worth it for me for the occasional time I might need it.

If it were €1/kWh I'd drive a lot slower and destination charge.

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    If it were €1/kWh I'd drive a lot slower and destination charge.

Really? That €100 you spent would have been €300. In the same year your depreciation cost you €4,000. Or €5,000. Get my point? :)

Depreciation (and financing) are the big costs of an EV. All the rest is peanuts. Barely material.

It would have been €400, but yeah, you are correct as per, it's nothing in terms of depreciation which is the biggest cost of owning any relatively new car.
    I reckon I have about 4-5k depreciation since buying the car last year. It's funny how some things seem big (occasional fast charging costs) when they pale in comparison to something you spend lots of money on but never have to pay for in real time(depreciation)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Decent bargain I think.

2014 S85 without AP for £26,995

92,000 miles

Tesla CPO Warranty for next 6200 miles or Jan 22

Good spec with Air Suspension, Tech Pack, Premium Audio, Leather but No AP and solid roof.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202010205211188

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Four owners. But not a bad price at all. Also comes with dual charger I think. Says 2 chargers in the ad.

That's a steal! Cheapest non-crashed Model S we have seen in here yet (except the one :p)? The warranty is a nice bonus too worth a couple of grand in my book. Although personally I'd never get a white one or I'd budget for a full wrap.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Deffo worthwhile getting the VIN on that one to confirm everything, looks well kept for a 4 owner car

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

202 D Nissan Leaf SVE 40 kWh

Pearl White
    Dealer Demo.
    Delivery Miles.

Usual SVE Spec.

€29k ish

No link. Have photos as it’s through a salesman friend in a garage in Cavan.

Not much of a bargain though, is it? It would be if it were a 62kWh. For the €29k I'd much rather a 202 Ioniq 38kWh with far more range than a 202 Leaf 40kWh. Or a 191 Kona 64kWh with far, far more range again and quicker charging

Not much of a bargain though, is it? It would be if it were a 62kWh. For the €29k I'd much rather a 202 Ioniq 38kWh with far more range than a 202 Leaf 40kWh. Or a 191 Kona 64kWh with far, far more range again and quicker charging

Not sure.
    They are 35k after grants etc new so a 6k saving. He said “ish” so may be a bit more there but I do agree, it would be a better buy at 27ish IMO.

Would only suit someone about to buy i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

jhegarty wrote: »
    Decent bargain I think.

2014 S85 without AP for £26,995

92,000 miles

Tesla CPO Warranty for next 6200 miles or Jan 22

Good spec with Air Suspension, Tech Pack, Premium Audio, Leather but No AP and solid roof.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202010205211188

Any other thread forum and people would telling someone to run a mile from a vehicle that's changed hands 4 times every 18 months

*changed hands once every 18 months

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

listermint wrote: »
    Any other thread forum and people would telling someone to run a mile from a vehicle that's changed hands 4 times every 18 months

I must be missing something. Would it not have been 3 changes in 6 years ?

slave1 wrote: »
    *changed hands once every 18 months

Badly worded. Point stands. You'd be told to run a mile from it and then some.

jhegarty wrote: »
    I must be missing something. Would it not have been 3 changes in 6 years ?

Poster said it had 4 owners. I haven't opened the ad

Gumbo wrote: »
    Not sure.
    They are 35k

That's pretty absurd for an aging EV with barely 140km winter motorway range - at the speed limit I hasten to add, no doubt it can do a good bit more at LeafSpeed :p

Agree with your sentiments though. Might suit someone who was about to buy one new. Pretty decent deal at 27k, but not so much at 29k. Imho!

What a load of nonsense. Car could have changed hands for many reasons and it is under full Tesla warranty until 2022

• Advertisement

That's pretty absurd for an aging EV with barely 140km winter motorway range - at the speed limit I hasten to add, no doubt it can do a good bit more at LeafSpeed :p

Agree with your sentiments though. Might suit someone who was about to buy one new. Pretty decent deal at 27k, but not so much at 29k. Imho!

What a load of nonsense. Car could have changed hands for many reasons and it is under full Tesla warranty until 2022

It's a load of nonsense that in any other forum people would be told to run away from a 6 year old 4 owner car ?

I'm not getting into a dispute about why or how a car changed owners. But is it your assertion that folks would not be warned off a 4 owner car that's six year old. If it wasn't a Tesla...

Bit of rose tinted glasses there ..

It's a load of nonsense that in any other forum people would be told to run away from a 6 year old 4 owner car ?

I'm not getting into a dispute about why or how a car changed owners. But is it your assertion that folks would not be warned off a 4 owner car that's six year old. If it wasn't a Tesla...

Bollox. I don't give a toss what make or model the car is but if it is 6 years old and comes with a 2 year bumper to bumper warranty from the manufacturer then what's the reason to be afraid of it if it had 4 owners in those 6 years? Wouldn't bother me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

It has a 6200 mile warranty or 14 months. Details.

Yes fair enough, so less than a year for someone doing average miles. Still, what 6 year old car (apart from a Kia) can you buy that has a 1 year warranty left?

My own car was nearly 6 years old when I bought it and came with a 2 year warranty, so apologies for the confusion. The bill for the work this morning alone came to over a grand.

Standard Tesla CPO warranty which is pretty much bumper to bumper and Tesla Ireland/UK very rarely argue on anything, no quibble free fix for basically anything (within reason...)

slave1 wrote: »
    Standard Tesla CPO warranty which is pretty much bumper to bumper and Tesla Ireland/UK very rarely argue on anything, no quibble free fix for basically anything (within reason...)

They replaced a light bulb for me for free under warranty (bumper off job). I also get a (much) newer loaner car from them free of charge for any warranty work.

Maybe in other forums where people havent a clue.
    My old E36 had 4 owners in 2 years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,602 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Strange though all the same why so many people moved it on in such a short space of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    Strange though all the same why so many people moved it on in such a short space of time.

It can and does happen. I kept my GTi for 24 hours. My Leaf for 2 years. My i3 for a year, the Model S, we shall see.

some people will buy to experience it and move on for something else.

Advertisement