Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Yes this is what I meant, it cuts out the hassle part of driving it back through the UK but to err on the side of caution and view it personally might be the better option considering it's a lot of cash.

They offer free delivery anywhere in the U.K. Mainland, the man I dealt then said they can deliver it to Liverpool docks for free 'however there would be an additional cost of 230.00 to send it across to Ireland as unaccompanied freight'.

Delivery to docks would be fine in my book - you don't need the hassle of taxing it and sorting out charging on the way in UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

If concerned, have it checked out before you agree to buy. Got a link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

goz83 wrote: »
    If concerned, have it checked out before you agree to buy. Got a link?

Jeez I dunno Goz83, last time I highlighted a bargain in this thread you snapped her up fairly quickly :)

Hope the link works, had trouble with links before.
    http://www.justevs.co.uk/used-cars/nissan-leaf-e-24kwh-acenta-5dr-80kw-southampton-201707207560499

Jeez I dunno Goz83, last time I highlighted a bargain in this thread you snapped her up fairly quickly :)

Hope the link works, had trouble with links before.
    http://www.justevs.co.uk/used-cars/nissan-leaf-e-24kwh-acenta-5dr-80kw-southampton-201707207560499

Oh that one? My Dad is flying over to pick it up right now :D

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf/16145649

Currently registered as a taxi - so I strongly suspect it belongs to the charming character mentioned here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101652317&postcount=30...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,372 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

6 bars left? :p

Regardless of that and the car probably in a state, it's still a bargain. Nice find! And no doubt the cheapest a Leaf ever changed hands for or was imported in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

unkel wrote: »
    6 bars left? :p

Regardless of that and the car probably in a state, it's still a bargain. Nice find! And no doubt the cheapest a Leaf ever changed hands for or was imported in this country.

With 6 bars left how many KM would it actually do per charge?

Shefwedfan wrote: »

60-70...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Where does it say 6 bars left in that ad?
    I didn't think there was any Leaf down to 6 bars?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

What's 6 bars mean lads? Battery gone to ****?

• Advertisement

What's 6 bars mean lads? Battery gone to ****?

A Leaf has a bar counter to show battery health... new it has 12 bars. The first bar represents 15% of the battery and the rest are about 6% each so if it were down to 6 bars it would be down to about 50-55% of its original capacity.

I'm doubting thats the case here though. I haven't seen any reported that low. There are a few 2011-2012's that have reported losing 2 bars... hence my skepticism about 6 here.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I think unkel's 6 bar comment was tongue in cheek as the owner spends the whole time plugged into the Gorey FCP!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

grogi wrote: »
    Shefwedfan wrote: »

60-70...
    So like a new Renault fluence ;)

Anyone want to buy it? I'm tempted here :pac:

I seriously am - but 3h drive for a blind date is a bit too far for my liking.

I someone from around Gorey would give it a look and not buy it, I'd get there four hour later probably :D

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf/16145649

Currently registered as a taxi - so I strongly suspect it belongs to the charming character mentioned here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101652317&postcount=30...

Same reg & same seller's name as the Gorey FCP Hogger-taxi.
    Let's hope he's sick of EVs & reverts to ICEs... :D

I seriously am - but 3h drive for a blind date is a bit too far for my liking.

I someone from around Gorey would give it a look and not buy it, I'd get there four hour later probably :D

Get him to do a video, or video call. You can't go far wrong at that price. She would have had to be kept very clean being a taxi. The mileage is almost irrelevant. Brake discs/pads and tyres are the things to check there. I reckon she is down 1, 2 bars at most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Its a very bad ad, have asked him for more info and got nothing back yet.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Get him to do a video, or video call. You can't go far wrong at that price. She would have had to be kept very clean being a taxi. The mileage is almost irrelevant. Brake discs/pads and tyres are the things to check there. I reckon she is down 1, 2 bars at most.

When I first saw the car a couple of years ago the seats etc. looked very shabby I remember thinking.

samih wrote: »
    When I first saw the car a couple of years ago the seats etc. looked very shabby I remember thinking.

Would obviously need to be looked at, but there are a couple of leafs breaking if someone was so inclined to change out the seats. Also there are plenty of cheap after market covers to suit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

True, and I suspect that the existing seats would possible clean well too if there are no rips. Just a warning saying that at least almost two years ago the car definitely wasn't a minter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

My leaf will be coming up to 3 years old in February. It has 75k Kms and full bars. I expect it will have 90k by Feb. It's a 2015 SVE, the same as madlad's but without the 6kw charger. It's in extremely good condition, leather, Bose etc..

Any idea of value, not sure if I'm going to keep it or upgrade?

Cheers

tedpan wrote: »
    My leaf will be coming up to 3 years old in February. It has 75k Kms and full bars. I expect it will have 90k by Feb. It's a 2015 SVE, the same as madlad's but without the 6kw charger. It's in extremely good condition, leather, Bose etc..

Cheers

Keary's in Cork just sold a 2015 Tekna with €14999 asking price - I guess the price was around €14k.

As a private seller I'd say you're looking at €12-13k now - €11k in half a year.

Cheers

I'll buy it for 5 :D

Ballpark 13k. It's a bit muddy right now because the impending release of Leaf 2.

grogi wrote:
    As a private seller I'd say you're looking at €12-13k now - €11k in half a year.

Hmmm, thanks man!

My final balance is 8.5k as I declared I'd be doing 30k Kms per year. 11k euro doesn't leave me much deposit on a new one. I might have to keep it..

goz83 wrote:
    I'll buy it for 5
    Haha! Let me think about it, it's the first offer :D
    goz83 wrote:
    Ballpark 13k. It's a bit muddy right now because the impending release of Leaf 2.

Yeah, I'd really hope for 13k. Do you know when the 2 will be released, there's lots of different stories online.

Hmmm, thanks man!

My final balance is 8.5k as I declared I'd be doing 30k Kms per year. 11k euro doesn't leave me much deposit on a new one. I might have to keep it..

You'll get more trade-in value than that... They really want your business :)

Let's say a new car is listed as €24000 - that means it really costs €20000 when you come with a cash in hand (and a €200 banger in your pocket).

If you roll the PCP, you'd be offered a stunning €14.5k trade-in (3.5k over the market value) - after clearing the €8.5k that would leave you with €6k for deposit and €18k (€24k-€6k) left to finance. Not to shabby... You got a new car - you're happy. They got your business - they are happy. It's really a win-win scenario.

What it costed the dealer is really €10.5 for your car - the garage will sell it for €12.5k now making €2k profit.

Do you know when the 2 will be released, there's lots of different stories online.

The official reveal is Sep 6.

You can almost bank on it being available for 181. It should be there in time for your Feb '18 return.

grogi wrote:
    If you roll the PCP, you'd be offered a stunning €14.5k trade-in (3.5k over the market value) - after clearing the €8.5k that would leave you with €6k for deposit and €18k (€24k-€6k) left to finance. Not to shabby... You got a new car - you're happy. They got your business - they are happy. It's really a win-win scenario.

Nice one! Perfect timing to discuss the leaf 2 in January/February then

Thanks for all of the advice and swift replies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

Someone told me today it sold. True?

Advertisement