Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,400 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

R11 wrote: »
    What is the catch? Is it still under finance?

No catch. Private sale, uncertain times, people need their cars a lot less, bunch of new EVs coming onto the market that are not that much more expensive, have a much better range, new warranty, etc. Asking price is about right, although personally if I were to buy that, I would aim to get it close to 20k flat

Outstanding finance doesn't matter. You can pay the finance company what's outstanding and the seller the balance at the same time. Wouldn't bother me.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭R11

unkel wrote: »
    No catch. Private sale, uncertain times, people need their cars a lot less, bunch of new EVs coming onto the market that are not that much more expensive, have a much better range, new warranty, etc. Asking price is about right, although personally if I were to buy that, I would aim to get it close to 20k flat

Outstanding finance doesn't matter. You can pay the finance company what's outstanding and the seller the balance at the same time. Wouldn't bother me.
    OK, I thought it was a dealer selling it. Is there anything better out there for 20k? Half thinking of going electric, do between 80-100km a day so would like good range if I was to switch.

Plenty of good EVs for around €20k or below, depending on your needs. Do you need it for 5 people? If so, try the Leaf and also the Hyundai Ioniq, which is superior in many ways. If you only need it for 4 or fewer people, try Renault Zoe, eGolf, BMW i3 and see what you think. All of them can do well more than 100km a day no problem, even on a terrible day in winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭R11

Plenty of good EVs for around €20k or below, depending on your needs. Do you need it for 5 people? If so, try the Leaf and also the Hyundai Ioniq, which is superior in many ways. If you only need it for 4 or fewer people, try Renault Zoe, eGolf, BMW i3 and see what you think. All of them can do well more than 100km a day no problem, even on a terrible day in winter.

Yes, would prefer a roomier car. Which has the bigger boot space , Ioniq or Leaf? Also would a 201 Ioniq be 20k?

Ioniq and Leaf are similar in size but have different shape boots, try both and see what you prefer. I don't know how much a 201 Ioniq would be next month, but it's a buyer's market out there. If you have the cash, no trade in, and happy to buy privately, very good deals can be had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Yes, would prefer a roomier car. Which has the bigger boot space , Ioniq or Leaf? Also would a 201 Ioniq be 20k?

I've a Gen 1 leaf and while the boot is fairly big is isn't that deep. For example I've a side by side double buggy and it has to sit on it's side in the Leaf and means I can't get the parcel shelf in.

The Ioniq is roughly similar capacity but is more like the long flat saloon car boot. So a double buggy will sit nice and flat in it. But it probably won't fit anything tall

So it kinda depends on what you might need to carry, and what style of car you prefer

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

When looking at the start of the year I found the latest gen leaf easier for buggy, I have a big one and just fitted better in the leaf. My advice is go to all the cars your interested in and have the buggy to hand to throw in. I did this before covid but I'm sure they would still allow.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Boot size wise you the Ioniq is quite narrow, for me there was no way on earth you could get a set of golf clubs in it, you can however get a set of golf clubs in the Leaf boot

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Yes very important to "test" any possible cars to check, in detail as Laviski said, if they are a fit for you / your hobbies / your family. When we bought our first EV, we were well past kids seats / buggy stage so the boot wasn't important, but that 3 teenagers would fit on the back seat was important. That alone ruled out all EVs in budget except Leaf and Ioniq.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

What is the catch? Is it still under finance?

Check out the rest of his ads......

• Advertisement

charlieIRL wrote: »

Haha, internet detective :cool:

So our Latvian friend in Swords is doing a bit of car trading when he is not passed out drunk on the sofa with his best mate. The Leaf is still under bumper to bumper warranty, so as long as it wasn't crashed, I can't see much wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

It shouldnt be a big deal. As long as the person buying this isnt handing cash over to the seller directly.

Because that is and has been something that people have been scammed out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

charlieIRL wrote: »

Haha, the car on a tow truck didn't inspire much confidence. Is it ironic that the only working car he's selling is an EV? :D

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

It doesn’t does it?
    To be clear though, I’m not trying to cast any doubt on the credibility of the seller in any way and do not wish to deter anyone from looking at their car, if I was in the market for one it would definitely catch my eye. I’m lucky enough to have friends in the trade to do a thorough inspection though.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

16k ioniq
    White
    93k km
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/cheapest-in-market-electric-ioniq/26830228

Grand price given the mileage.

16k ioniq

Well the asking is 17k :D

But if you got it a bit closer to 16k it would be a bit of a bargain alright. Good chances of that, the seller's location doesn't help. Get in there quick before the lockdown. People with their finger on the trigger usually can get the best deals...

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Well the asking is 17k :D

But if you got it a bit closer to 16k it would be a bit of a bargain alright. Good chances of that, the seller's location doesn't help. Get in there quick before the lockdown. People with their finger on the trigger usually can get the best deals...

Sorry. Was building a fort while posting. Fort got most my attention

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Sorry. Was building a fort while posting.

A fort - now that's a proper covid precaution.
    Will it have a moat too? I don't think it can swim. Not yet anyway.
    Maybe the new one out of South Africa.................?

Yeah, defo go for the moat :D.

I think €17k for a high mileage, 4 year old, plain white Ioniq is optimistic.
    The last 4 I know of that sold, all went cheap. I think the days of Ioniqs holding their value are gone, now that there is more competition/availability.

I'd value it at €15k max, on a good day :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Uk and EU have agreed a Brexit deal apparently. No details as yet.

Kramer wrote: »
    I'd value it at €15k max, on a good day :(.

Nah. I doubt any non-crashed Ioniq BEV has ever sold anywhere in the world for €15k

We saw one here a while back for a bit over, but that was a misprice. Dealers often get their pricing wrong, usually upwards though...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

liamog wrote: »
    Does the grant apply on an ex demo vehicle?

They usually don't. And it's showing at ex-demo but only 50km done.

Me thinks something is up with this listing.

One of the lads on the FB group put a deposit on it.
    Could be another “Unkel” miracle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,602 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Link to car is gone but is only 50km on it, surely it'll be liable for VAT here.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Link to car is gone but is only 50km on it, surely it'll be liable for VAT here.

It’s gone because a deposit was out on it last night after I posted.
    No VAT as it’s Tesla Ireland stock.

2019 M3 SR+

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Gumbo wrote: »
    It’s gone because a deposit was out on it last night after I posted.
    No VAT as it’s Tesla Ireland stock.

2019 M3 SR+

Getting rid of stock before year end?

Also how much was it? Never actually seen the ad

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

€39.8k

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

What’s the range like on this? 2016 bmw 330e

https://www.adverts.ie/22366111

• Advertisement

fits wrote: »
    What’s the range like on this? 2016 bmw 330e

https://www.adverts.ie/22366111

In EV mode, 20km on a good day. Less in this weather.

Advertisement