Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/used/5YJSB7E1XGF157866?token=$2y$10$3LChuMUW3xOzFdLJNMbV7Odl61P6yUQol4OBixgF0F6B/.82BfG/6&redirect=no

This looks interesting. Definitely much more expensive than comparable sales in the UK. But ridiculously long warranty on offer.

45k EUR, 2017 facelift 75. AP.

Second time it's being sold through CPO.
    https://teslascout.com/view.php?vin=5YJSB7E1XGF157866&lang=en&measuring=km

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Gumbo wrote: »
    One of the lads on the FB group put a deposit on it.
    Could be another “Unkel” miracle :)

Never! :p

Link is gone now. Was it €40k for a 2019 Model 3 SR+? A good bit cheaper than new but I think I'd rather buy a 2021 car for €7k more, with a brand new warranty, especially is it is made in China and has LiFePo4 battery cells...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Don't know there Unkel, came with full 4 year warranty on the car and 8 on the battery (same range limits as new).
    €7k is nice money in the pocket...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

After the 4 years it is probably still worth about €4-5k less than the 2021 car, so the saving is quite minimal (€2-3k). A €40k 2 year old car when a new one is €47k is not really a bargain in my book. Despite having a warranty as good as a new car.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

unkel wrote: »
    After the 4 years it is probably still worth about €4-5k less than the 2021 car, so the saving is quite minimal (€2-3k). A €40k 2 year old car when a new one is €47k is not really a bargain in my book. Despite having a warranty as good as a new car.

They're registered it as a 211 car for the lad who bought it, so he's getting a SR+ for 40k with full tesla 4 year warranty, bit of a bargain

• Advertisement

I didn't realise that. Good deal it was so!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Ok, update from the guy who placed the deposit on the above M3.
    Update. Spoke to sales. This car was used to supply parts to other cars while they waited on spare parts. They are going to find out the actual condition of the car, like what parts are missing etc . I am not sure now. What everyone thinks about this deal?

Further update
    Latest update, long story, the list of parts replaced is going to be huge list in the past one year including the battery pack. Now the car is awaiting the centre console computer screen. It may take weeks or months as per tesla. Questioned why it was in the inventory for accelerated delivery then .Tesla dublin is unaware of such inventory addition, done by someone else at the year end. I havent cancelled my other order just in case.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Sours the deal so. They used that car as a doner car for a reason. Getting parts must take an age. Won't be any different when fixing up this car either.

7k saved, but looks less and less worth it

Sure who would mind being the victim of a bit of cannibalism? :p

Only if there is Chianti and fava beans on the side.

• Advertisement

I fond of some liver myself now and then :D

30 years old that film. Hard to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,602 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Thats shocking if Tesla had that car up for sale and it was missing a pile of bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Sours the deal so. They used that car as a doner car for a reason. Getting parts must take an age. Won't be any different when fixing up this car either.

7k saved, but looks less and less worth it

Yeah if it's only half a car then 7k saving seems like a crap deal

Even after they put it back together I wouldn't be too happy with the price, after being taken apart and put back together there's bound to be something loose

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Wouldn't bother me if I got 7k off and a full warranty.

Not handled very well by Tesla though. They should never have put it up for sale until it was complete and fully tested.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Most of the time I feel like Tesla are doing the right thing, but when it comes to end of quarter sales I feel like they start to act like a pyramid scheme.

Wouldn't bother me if I got 7k off and a full warranty.

Not handled very well by Tesla though. They should never have put it up for sale until it was complete and fully tested.

Full warranty is good, but I don't particularly want to be making friends with the guys in the service center because I'm visiting them so often

I know, I'm probably just being paranoid, but for that kind of money I'd say a little paranoia is justified

Full warranty is good, but I don't particularly want to be making friends with the guys in the service center because I'm visiting them so often

That's gonna happen anyway when you buy a Tesla :p

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Aph2016

Never! :p

Link is gone now. Was it €40k for a 2019 Model 3 SR+? A good bit cheaper than new but I think I'd rather buy a 2021 car for €7k more, with a brand new warranty, especially is it is made in China and has LiFePo4 battery cells...

Are all Model 3's ordered from now on being built in China?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Mod Note: Moved dcn90's Kona to the For Sale Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

MorganIRL wrote: »

I’ve being contemplating it all day.

Seeing as UK cars will never be in this thread again, because of the 21% VAT that will be imposed on them because of brexit, it's gonna be quiet in here :(

Another week/ 10 days of automated price reductions and this may be a bargain given that the UK option is closed.

What automated price reductions?

You know the way Tesla keeps reducing the price until it's sold. Might end up at 40k in 10 days.

You still talking about that cannibalised Model 3 SR+ or that facelift Model S you posted? I presume the latter. It's still for sale at €44.6k now. Not sure if that's a bargain. I guess all Model S in this country have just gained a few grand in value today seeing as there are very few over here (how many?) and importing one now attracts 21% VAT plus a few shekels in VRT...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

garo wrote: »
    https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/used/5YJSB7E1XGF157866?token=$2y$10$3LChuMUW3xOzFdLJNMbV7Odl61P6yUQol4OBixgF0F6B/.82BfG/6&redirect=no

This looks interesting. Definitely much more expensive than comparable sales in the UK. But ridiculously long warranty on offer.

45k EUR, 2017 facelift 75. AP.

Second time it's being sold through CPO.
    https://teslascout.com/view.php?vin=5YJSB7E1XGF157866&lang=en&measuring=km

Good to see Dublin potentially* doing CPO now.

About time imo.

There's over 800 and growing Model 3 in country - not having a potential option to buy those later on would be woeful brand management imo.

Today's CPO buyer is potentially the person who will buy a brand new Tesla.

It's not for fun that Audi give it socks on national media advertising about approved used cars.

They will need to do better then that Model 3 mess

*Not sure if this is a one ofd or whether they now do CPO as wider policy.

Edit - the thumbs down is an accident :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,602 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

MorganIRL wrote: »

Stupid question here, but it's 25 to enter or free if you send a postcard to Newry?

NIMAN wrote: »
    Stupid question here, but it's 25 to enter or free if you send a postcard to Newry?

That was my understanding, it's £25 or spend the cost of a postcard to newry

I'd almost spend the £25 for the convenience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

NIMAN wrote: »
    Free if u get a postcard to Newry before the tickets are sold.. usually sell out in 24/48 hrs for other cars.

Advertisement