Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Was trying to see when it might be bought. Service in July might suggest a July car? No sign of tax in the window though, and insurance renewal dates can mean nothing. Paranoid much.

close but no cigar :p

hint: check the NCT due date

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Was trying to see when it might be bought. Service in July might suggest a July car? No sign of tax in the window though, and insurance renewal dates can mean nothing. Paranoid much.

Ah the donedeal details. True. Could just have thrown in the first thing to pop up for 2024. He did misspell Hyundai afterall.

This looks thousands too cheap, 2015 Tesla Model S 85 for just €26k asking, private sale, so no warranty (except the Tesla one on battery and drivetrain until 2023)

Has AP1 (enabled), air suspension, free supercharging, ultra high fidelity sound, new tyres and brakes

If anyone is in the market for one of these, grab it quick...

OTgwZTFlYzNjYTg1YzM1YTQyNzYxMmY2Yzc0ODM3ODkr352yLEG_oLWdpi6AxReeaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzI5MzcwNzN8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

That does look too cheap for an Irish sale, I have sent an enquiry on it so we will see what happens...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

That does look low alright, want to check SOH given such mileage, I know mileage has less impact on EV versus ICE but still, that’s a lot of battery cycling especially if on original battery pack

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

unkel wrote: »
    This looks thousands too cheap, 2015 Tesla Model S 85 for just €26k asking, private sale, so no warranty (except the Tesla one on battery and drivetrain until 2023)

Has AP1 (enabled), air suspension, free supercharging, ultra high fidelity sound, new tyres and brakes

If anyone is in the market for one of these, grab it quick...

OTgwZTFlYzNjYTg1YzM1YTQyNzYxMmY2Yzc0ODM3ODkr352yLEG_oLWdpi6AxReeaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzI5MzcwNzN8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Linky

Says they'll accept a trade in so is it some sort of wheeler dealer selling it?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Same miles as on mine and I have less than 8% deg, on a worse pack (90 vs 85). It's not an issue.

slave1 wrote: »
    That does look low alright, want to check SOH given such mileage, I know mileage has less impact on EV versus ICE but still, that’s a lot of battery cycling especially if on original battery pack

Wouldn't worry about that, battery has another 2 years Tesla warranty and they replace it for free first sign of any wobble :D
    TitianGerm wrote: »
    Says they'll accept a trade in so is it some sort of wheeler dealer selling it?

DoneDealer is active since 2013, has only one active ad. The car is a one owner car according to reg check websites (so imported into Ireland by the current owner) so perhaps he just put that in to facilitate a deal. Many people seem (financially) unable to buy a car while they still have their old one, so a trade in would make a lot of problems disappear. It would also give the seller the cash injection that he possibly needs. All speculation of course...

Also looks that it is on MCU1, and has not had the LTE/4G upgrade.
    Could need some work done.

Battery SOH is not a concern with Teslas. I'm coming up on 200k and less than 10% of deg (still 420km typical / 520+ rated)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Centre console upgrade too.
    That’s a couple of hundred option.

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    Also looks that it is on MCU1, and has not had the LTE/4G upgrade.

And the MCU1 will now be fixed for free for cars no longer under warranty I think, or is that limited to a certain mileage?

Upgrade from MCU1 to MCU2 is nice, or even just the LTE/4G upgrade. But most owners would not fork out the money that Tesla charges for that (me included)

I couldnt get them to fix it with me paying for it, let alone under warranty, so I wouldnt be putting much faith in that option.

MCU2 is a necessary upgrade IMO as a preventative fix. I wouldnt be buying a used older tesla without factoring the 2k in for that too.

I was onto the guy and he seems genuine, I would go and have a look at this and am interested but with the Level 5 restrictions I have no idea how I would travel a couple of hundred kms to be able to see it!

It seems a good buy. If I wanted a cheap tesla and kept 4k as a budget for upgrades its a great deal especially with the free supercharging.

I hear ye on the mileage and battery degradation but my point is that it would be worthwhile to check SOH if on original battery.
    The ODO is not reset when battery replaced so if for example you have 200k kms on the clock with 8% degradation then that pack may have been replaced at say, 160k kms so the pack is 8% degraded over 40k kms and not 200k kms,
    Hard for me to get this across on a post.
    If anyone is looking at the car then they can take a photo of the battery pack label from inside the driver's side front wheel.
    The code can be popping online and the full info will then be known.

My simple advice is to get as full a history on the car as possible from the present owner because when ownership changes Tesla will lock up and give you no history.
    This was part of my approach when looking for my S, I ended up with a car and full print outs of all work carried out.
    The know you more about the car the better IMHO

For sure. If it's on a B revision pack for instance that's the original pack and would be likely close to needing repair for failure. Most of those have had warranty replacements already.

(Mine is on a C revision so still pretty old.)

Wasn't yours a 85 changed to 90? This is exact same kWh battery pack size as the 85, just Tesla improved battery chemistry for 6% improvement in range so they simply called it a 90 instead of a 85. But I think the 90 pack has greater degradation due to this "improved battery chemistry/silicon addition", all back of my head stuff from this time last year when I started my S hunt.

Always think Tesla are very misleading with their model names and logical inference to battery size

It was originally sold as a 90 in my case

(EDIT: The 90 was sold with 82kWh net capacity originally, and now has a 4kWh buffer so actual 77kWh available)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Definitely looks like a bargain.

label from inside the driver's side front wheel.
    The code can be popping online and the full info will then be known.

My simple advice is to get as full a history on the car as possible from the present owner because when ownership changes Tesla will lock up and give you no history.

Where can you put in info online to give you this detail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

reni10 wrote: »
    Where can you put in info online to give you this detail?
    https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/battery-table.25738/#post-539365

unkel wrote: »
    This looks thousands too cheap

And it's gone, just a day later. No surprise there, it was way too cheap. Hope a certain someone who posted in this thread expressing interest did get it, if so, you got a bargain dude :D

Quite optimistic range quoted there on that ad

Birka wrote: »

Looks nice and the €4.5k is an asking price, but I would like to get that in the €3.5k range to call it a bargain. There is / was a 141 Leaf with the newer chemistry, so much less degradation and a much higher range for €5.4k on DoneDeal, I linked to it a few posts up, it was still for sale last time I looked a few days ago

At €3.5k you could reef out the batteries for home PV and get replacement pack from that lad that was advertising same here a while back

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

First sub €30k eniro

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/kia-niro-ev-5dr-auto/27416086

Joe Duffy Volvo Kia
    €29,900
    2019 kia Eniro with 31k km.

NEVERMIND THIS IS NOT A BARGAIN, IT'S THE 39KWH BATTERY VERSION.... IE. $HITE

At €3.5k you could reef out the batteries for home PV and get replacement pack from that lad that was advertising same here a while back

No need. You can get packs for around €1.5k I was told recently. Bitch of a job to open it up though, but once you've done that and have the modules out, not too bad to get them into a 48V configuration for home attached storage. So a good bit of work involved and you end up with about 15kWh usuable if you are lucky

Personally I'd prefer the CALB route, get 200Ah LiFePo4 cells, about €1.3k for 10kWh brand new, delivered to your door, including all taxes. Safest chemistry of them all, no cobalt in it, not possible to combust, very high cycle life with little degradation

First sub €30k eniro

Joe Duffy Volvo Kia
    €29,900

Now that is truly a bargain. From a main dealer too, great find. I'm quite shocked at this price, I feel it undervalues the car.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

First sub €30k eniro

Joe Duffy Volvo Kia
    €29,900

It's an early one.. ex demo?

I wonder is it one of the small battery ones.

A few of them are in the country

Advertisement