Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

The 15k Ioniq went to a dealer, who's looking for 16k now. :rolleyes:
    Mines gone too, new owner got a bargain IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Well done! Go on, bring that cash to ELM327 :D

Be a while until you'd be able to get a bargain like that again...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

unkel wrote: »

Are you on commission? :D:D

That cash has other ideas for something about 11cm narrower, and hopefully a hell of a lot cheaper to repair if things go wrong.

Are you on commission? :D:D

Nope. Nice to see people in here getting bargains though. And his car is a proper bargain. Late 2016 facelift AP1 AWD car (0-60 in 4s - that is BMW M5 V10 race engine quick) with lots of upgrades and work done, for just a few grand more than a base 2014 pre-facelift Model S...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

That cash has other ideas for something about 11cm narrower, and hopefully a hell of a lot cheaper to repair if things go wrong.

ID.4?

Or Ioniq 5?

I'm looking up car dimensions trying to figure that one out :)

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Outlander PHEV - he mentioned it recently ;)

Outlander PHEV - he mentioned it recently ;)

Ah yes I remember now, he's gone over to the dark side :)

Ah yes I remember now, he's gone over to the dark side :)

Back to the general motors forum with him :pac:

Back to the general motors forum with him :pac:

Last a checked the outlander was a hybrid. I'm here to stay! Consequently that's exactly what outlander drivers say when you ask will they be long at the charger.

A "what Black_Knight got next" thread might be a bit overkill. I'll just post a pic or 2 when I get it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Mine is provisionally sold (no deposit taken so I'm still open to viewings etc)

Nice one ELM327. Someone is getting a lot of car for their money.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Just goes to show, a properly priced car always sells

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Round Cable

What appears to be a LR (64kWh) 201 Kia eSoul in Laois from a dealer with 6000km on clock, and free nationwide delivery €29950

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/kia-soul-full-electric-5-dr-online-lock-down-spec/27661779

K3 as well according to Cartell, so that's a higher spec too? Heads up display, full leather, front PDC, blind spot system, lumbar support. Lot of (long range) car for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Round Cable

K3 as well according to Cartell, so that's a higher spec too? Heads up display, full leather, front PDC, blind spot system, lumbar support. Lot of (long range) car for the money.

Yes K3 is the top spec, the red soul badge on the back indicates it has the 64kWh battery, a grey soul badge is used for the mid-range 39.2kWh version. The dealer description isn't the best.

What appears to be a LR (64kWh) 201 Kia eSoul in Laois from a dealer with 6000km on clock, and free nationwide delivery €29950

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/kia-soul-full-electric-5-dr-online-lock-down-spec/27661779

In all honesty, if I could get a refund from Volkswagen for my bricked ID.3 Tour, I would be all over that car. It would do me fine until I could trade it against one of the new generation Koreans.

In all honesty, if I could get a refund from Volkswagen for my bricked ID.3 Tour

Woot? I got bullied out of the ID.3 thread so haven't followed. I know there still are software problems but I thought VW was getting on top of them?

Woot? I got bullied out of the ID.3 thread so haven't followed. I know there still are software problems but I thought VW was getting on top of them?

Who knows! They're probably too busy with their voltswagen "joke".

I found a menu on mine in German yesterday. Reloaded the menu and it was in English. Minor/negligible bug but a bug it is.

I can't imagine you getting bullied out of any thread, Unkel. :D

I can only think that someone said something non complimentary about Tesla and your devotion was hurt. Don't feel bad, all Tesla owners seem to go that way. :P

The bricking thing: some cars are being bricked by Volkswagen when they try to update the software to the latest version. My car was running perfectly, and I was very happy with it. Then it was called in to have the software updated. Now it's a brick, and has been sitting out the back of the dealership since Monday of last week, waiting for a part to get it going again.

I only got to drive it for just over 200kms. :(

I'm seriously pissed off with Volkswagen. Just because I own a brand of car doesn't mean I have undying devotion to them.

• Advertisement

My car was running perfectly, and I was very happy with it. Then it was called in to have the software updated. Now it's a brick, and has been sitting out the back of the dealership since Monday of last week, waiting for a part to get it going again.

I only got to drive it for just over 200kms. :(

I take it you have a loaner EV from them, maybe a high spec ID.4 until it is all sorted? If so, it wouldn't really bother me all that much. VW have held their hand up, their software is sh1t, they are years behind the market leader, they are trying to improve it and I'm sure they will. The rest of the cars (ID.3 / ID.4) seems pretty decent from what I've seen. You'll get your car back fully fixed, no doubt about it.
    I can't imagine you getting bullied out of any thread, Unkel. :D

I can only think that someone said something non complimentary about Tesla and your devotion was hurt.

Have a look for yourself in the thread.

I take it you have a loaner EV from them, maybe a high spec ID.4 until it is all sorted? If so, it wouldn't really bother me all that much. VW have held their hand up, their software is sh1t, they are trying to improve it and I'm sure they will. The rest of the cars (ID.3 / ID.4) seems pretty decent from what I've seen.

Have a look for yourself in the thread.
    Much better than the Tesla response.

Yeah I have to say I really like Diess. Seems to be straight up, he might personally take the credit from lifting VW out of the slums. Hope VW do really well from the electrification

I take it you have a loaner EV from them, maybe a high spec ID.4 until it is all sorted? If so, it wouldn't really bother me all that much. VW have held their hand up, their software is sh1t, they are years behind the market leader, they are trying to improve it and I'm sure they will. The rest of the cars (ID.3 / ID.4) seems pretty decent from what I've seen. You'll get your car back fully fixed, no doubt about it.

I wish! I have a 202 ID.3 1st Plus. I miss all my fun toys. Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful for the ID.3 1st. It could have been a diesel golf. :eek:

The software update has worked for most of the ID cars, and some of the cars on the original software will see huge improvements, and I'm happy for them. But I'm still pissed off that they killed my car though. :D It'll pass when/if they fix my car. It's a lovely car to drive, even for the short spin I got to do in it. I've done more distance in the demo cars than the one I own. :D:D

Yeah I have to say I really like Diess. Seems to be straight up, he might personally take the credit from lifting VW out of the slums. Hope VW do really well from the electrification

He's an interesting character alright, less of a cowboy than Musk for sure but he's a far cry from the typical uber paranoid, zero risk CEO that most automakers have.

He gets on the wrong side of the supervisory board and works councils a fair bit, I think partly down to him being hired in (from BMW I think) and talking sh!t about what's been standard in the company for decades. That's what got him booted out as VW brand CEO and he's now the group CEO

The owners seem happy enough with him, although time will tell on that because he's been under pressure from day 1 to cut costs and get VW's margin closer to Toyota

He does seem to be very forward thinking, realising that software is the way forward and turning VW into a software focused company will benefit in the long run. I think VW took a big roll of the dice (Deiss :D) on their electrification strategy and it seems to be paying off big time.

They've managed to beat just about all their mainstream competitors to the market with high volume EVs while at the same time they got Tesla to do all the hard work bringing battery prices down and getting EVs to be seen as mainstream

• Registered Users Posts: 33,602 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

How useless is this advert?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-ioniq-ev-saloon-full-electric-5dr-auto-ca/27069071

15 photos and not one of the interior!

But sure thats grand, you have 15 of it from slightly different angles each time.

Fools.

NIMAN wrote: »
    How useless is this advert?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-ioniq-ev-saloon-full-electric-5dr-auto-ca/27069071

15 photos and not one of the interior!

But sure thats grand, you have 15 of it from slightly different angles each time.

Fools.

Someone was watching the matrix before they did the pictures for that ad :)

Not to mention overpriced!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

I take it you have a loaner EV from them, maybe a high spec ID.4 until it is all sorted? If so, it wouldn't really bother me all that much. VW have held their hand up, their software is sh1t, they are years behind the market leader, they are trying to improve it and I'm sure they will.

Very often that's not the case with software unfortunately. If it is badly designed at early stages, it simply cannot be fixed, no matter how many resources you throw at it.

What needs to happen is a complete rewrite from scratch. In my 20 years of experience in this business I have seen that only once. It took huge balls and courage from the management to admit their teams screwed up, but the results paid for this exercise. Others live in a world where serious bugs, issues and problems are there till the product dies.

Having in mind that this platform will be with VW for years, they should do it. And maybe they are, while simultaneously they try to makeup cars in the wild already.

• Advertisement

But they did write this software from scratch only recently, didn't they? :p

Advertisement