Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

mr chips wrote: »
    But how long does a Zoe battery lease normally last?

I would assume an absolute minimum term of 24 months, possibly 36. After the term ends, the car owner is supposed to renew the lease (possibly under new terms and after settling any costs for additional miles outside the agreement) or return the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

mr chips wrote: »
    But how long does a Zoe battery lease normally last?

As long as the car is used. The ownership never gets transferred.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,376 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

£2.5k Zoe is gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

unkel wrote: »
    £2.5k Zoe is gone!

It shouldn't concern anyone too much. Along with it are it's never ending monthly payments ;-)

There will be plenty more of such Zoe's advertising real soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Soarer

About €2k too much.

Was already mentioned about a week ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

650Ginge wrote: »

Contacted the seller last week, he couldn't tell me which model it was, think in end he said it was Acenta. I pointed out flat tyre and he said I had a "keen" eye

Asked for photo's of inside and still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭sgalvin

There is no change in ownership of the battery, just who is liable for the rent for it.
    When you move into a house you automatically become responsible and liable for all utilities including monthly connection fees without any contract with Esb, eurcom, bord gains etc. it would be reasonable that the same will apply to a battery lease.

Irrespective of how and where the battery is, it is owned by someone else.

The battery lease paperwork has a rental limit of 72 months and a devaluation of the battery by 10% every year. No cars have reached this 72 month period yet so no one knows what is going to happen.

Will the manufacturers want to carry on the liabilities of having to repair replace batteries as they get older, probably not.

Yes there is no fast change, but a cheap work commuting car, it's cheap transport. Unsurprisingly as the batteries are sames as those in leafs of the same age range is 90 winter 120 summer and with active battery cooling shoul last better too.

Couldn't agree more.

BTW I rang a major Renault dealer in the UK this afternoon and they confirmed that the seller has to fill in a change over of lease form

The only gap I can see here again is if the lease is up and the car leaves the jurisdiction

sgalvin wrote: »
    There is no change in ownership of the battery, just who is liable for the rent for it.
    When you move into a house you automatically become responsible and liable for all utilities including monthly connection fees without any contract with Esb, eurcom, bord gains etc. it would be reasonable that the same will apply to a battery lease.

Irrespective of how and where the battery is, it is owned by someone else.

If I buy a car and take out a battery lease, I am responsible for that battery. If I then sell the car (which itself is not under lease) and I fail to have the new owner fill out the paperwork for a new lease, I am still responsible for the battery lease. If the new owner fails to fill out the correct details, he/she is technically stealing the battery, but I would not, or should not be held responsible for this, as I had carried out my duty as best as I could, short of holding onto the car until the new owner proved the first payment went through for the lease.

The agreement is not fully enforceable (in my opinion). It's not unknown for companies to throw in terms they know they cannot enforce, but the fact that the terms is in the lease, it discourages people from breaking it.

• Advertisement

The seller clearly has a contract. There can be no excuse if he crashes the car, stops using it, loses it, gives it away, sets it on fire, it's stolen or sold or otherwise.

The buyer on the other hand indeed doesn't own the battery but owns the car. And he has no contract. It would be very interesting to see what happened if the owner of the battery (lease company) would go after the buyer legally. My guess is they either won't and if they did they would lose.

sgalvin wrote: »
    The battery lease paperwork has a rental limit of 72 months and a devaluation of the battery by 10% every year. No cars have reached this 72 month period yet so no one knows what is going to happen.

Will the manufacturers want to carry on the liabilities of having to repair replace batteries as they get older, probably not.

That's interesting. Maybe they'll drop the demand for a monthly lease fee in exchange for a dropping of the warranty - effectively making the car battery owned when the car is 6 years old? when were the first Fluence / Zoe delivered, about early 2012?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭sgalvin

The buyer has no contract with the battery leasing company but similarly the leasing company has no obligations to provide a battery with a new owner and would have reasonable rights to have their property returned or take it back if a contract can't be made.

The seller can't sell the battery as it's not his and the buyer can't buy something that is not the sellers to sell.

To my knowledge all the cars have sat nav and SIM cards, so they know where all the cars are anyway.

The major issues with all of this is that Irish people don't like renting anything in general. Rent is seen as "dead" money, in the car of a car rent and depreciation are one in the same thing.
    The seller clearly has a contract. There can be no excuse if he crashes the car, stops using it, loses it, gives it away, sets it on fire, it's stolen or sold or otherwise.

The buyer on the other hand indeed doesn't own the battery but owns the car. And he has no contract. It would be very interesting to see what happened if the owner of the battery (lease company) would go after the buyer legally. My guess is they either won't and if they did they would lose.

I've had to relist my ad due to the first guy to view it having committed to buying it on a handshake but then flaked (I'm guessing he couldn't move on his existing car).

First to view will definitely buy this time (provided they either give me a deposit or pay in full on the day!

151 Leaf Acenta with 6.6kW charging.

I've had to relist my ad due to the first guy to view it having committed to buying it on a handshake but then flaked (I'm guessing he couldn't move on his existing car).

First to view will definitely buy this time (provided they either give me a deposit or pay in full on the day!

151 Leaf Acenta with 6.6kW charging.

Did it change the color from titanium to red?! That was yours, right: http://www.adverts.ie/car/nissan/leaf/2015-nissan-leaf-acenta-sv-with-6-6kw-charging/13238713 ?

grogi wrote: »
    Did it change the color from titanium to red?!
    I bought again - hence the red. The 2015 Gunbarrel Grey sold to a very happy new owner. The point is that it qualifies for this section on the basis that it's the cheapest car in it's class advertised in Ireland. ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭la ultima guagua

It seems to me that you have two ads up on DD for 2015 Leaf @ 27.5k miles with 6.6kW charging.

Asking price for one is 11.5k and the other 12.5k

:confused:

( I'm more than confused )

It seems to me that you have two ads up on DD for 2015 Leaf @ 27.5k miles with 6.6kW charging.

Asking price for one is 11.5k and the other 12.5k

:confused:

( I'm more than confused )
    One listing = €12,500.
    Point is - that you wont find a car in country to match it.

One listing = €12,500.
    Point is - that you wont find a car in country to match it.

I didn't realize this thread was adverts....

Don't think it should be a thread full of posts about people pushing there own cars....

If it is such a good price it should sell itself or someone else will soon see it and post here

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I didn't realize this thread was adverts....

Don't think it should be a thread full of posts about people pushing there own cars....

If it is such a good price it should sell itself or someone else will soon see it and post here

Not as you see fit but as the mods see fit - then if it's against the spirit of the thread, then that's fair enough. However, I did post that it was the cheapest car in its class advertised in Ireland today. My view is that on that basis, it represents value - which is what this thread is all about.

I think your attitude has a little bit of begrudgery attached to it - but that's just my opinion. Are we not all a 'community' here? Have I done or said something to upset you?

I've learn't a hell of a lot here but I believe I also contribute as much as I take away. I've contacted guys here (you know who you are) via pm and offered some feedback with regard to buying in the UK and other info (NOT pimping any car).

I don't run boards - so I'll let boards rule on that one if that's ok with yourself.

ps. car must represent value to someone as within an hour of putting it online, I had someone test drive it (its for his wife - so up to her to give the go ahead).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I think the EV section of boards is so small that there's no problem with us selling EV stuff on here.

In fact, I was going to pitch a permanent EV items for sale. Because it's such a small section. The cycling forum of boards have a similar thread as does the gaming and PC I believe.

kceire wrote: »
    I think the EV section of boards is so small that there's no problem with us selling EV stuff on here.

In fact, I was going to ouch a permanent EV items for sale. Because it's such a small section. The cycling forum of birds have a similar thread as does the gaming and PC I believe.

That's fine. Unless you try to shift second car in a month. That hardly is moving your old wheels...

grogi wrote: »
    That's fine. Unless you try to shift second car in a month. That hardly is moving your old wheels...

Again, I defer to the mods. If they're not happy - I'll follow their direction and take it down. However, what is the harm exactly?

I didn't post up any old car. I posted up the 'cheapest car advertised of it's class in Ireland today'. This is the EV bargains section. If it's the cheapest, is it not a bargain?

If someone disputes that, I'll edit the post right now and remove it.

Again, it seems like begrudgery to me.

Again, I defer to the mods. If they're not happy - I'll follow their direction and take it down. However, what is the harm exactly?

I didn't post up any old car. I posted up the 'cheapest car advertised of it's class in Ireland today'. This is the EV bargains section. If it's the cheapest, is it not a bargain?

If someone disputes that, I'll edit the post right now and remove it.

Again, it seems like begrudgery to me.

Why it is begrudgery?

You keep saying it is a great bargain, in that case you should have no need to bombard this thread as someone else will post the car would they not????

I don't see Phil or the other guys selling electric cars putting up cars here and telling everyone it is "cheapest car blah blah blah"

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I don't see Phil or the other guys selling electric cars putting up cars here and telling everyone it is "cheapest car blah blah blah"
    Does Phil actively contribute to this EV forum? I know he actively contributes to the IEVOA facebook group and often gives details of his current stock.

What's wrong with stating that it's the cheapest car in it's class available in Ireland today? As regards bombarding the thread, I posted ONCE earlier - then you took up this position on the matter and ran with it.

I state again - if it's the cheapest available on the market, it has merit in this thread. If the mods ask me to refrain, I will of course do exactly that. In the meantime, I disagree with your opinion.

As regards why is it begrudgery, what else is there to call it? It makes no sense. I didn't give details on a more expensive car, did I?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Not wanting to interrupt but iv just put the same car up with 5k less miles for 300 less. Can you amend to say 2nd cheapest car in its class please

Does Phil actively contribute to this EV forum? I know he actively contributes to the IEVOA facebook group and often gives details of his current stock.

What's wrong with stating that it's the cheapest car in it's class available in Ireland today? As regards bombarding the thread, I posted ONCE earlier - then you took up this position on the matter and ran with it.

I state again - if it's the cheapest available on the market, it has merit in this thread. If the mods ask me to refrain, I will of course do exactly that. In the meantime, I disagree with your opinion.

As regards why is it begrudgery, what else is there to call it? It makes no sense. I didn't give details on a more expensive car, did I?

As I have already suggested numerous times, if this is such a bargain then someone else will post it here.

It is a small market for electric cars so if such a bargain it won't be long before it is posted here

Do you understand what begrudgery means?

Autochange wrote: »
    Not wanting to interrupt but iv just put the same car up with 5k less miles for 300 less. Can you amend to say 2nd cheapest car in its class please

You win post of the day:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Id be in favour of a separate adverts subforum like the cycling one.

Do no harm.

Ps I'm currently selling an ICE, anyone interested!

I'll get my coat

• Advertisement

Autochange wrote: »

You have a link?

Advertisement